1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The New World

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: RPG' started by Strider, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

[/QUOTE]"Relax, if we do sink I am sure the gods would grant us good fortune and carry us to shore on deadwood."

2. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Hydrino is appalled at blackheart's and Nobody's comments. He begins his search for Strider to see how far we've got to sail on our almost certain death ship.

3. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Ankka hears that and hopes he will be so seasick he won't notice if he drowns... :vomit:

4. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

4 Days into Voyage

"Captain! How long do you think it's going to take us to get to the other coast?" Legion said, "I'm guessing around a month."
    "Ahh, I'd say around two months, maybe more, maybe less. It depends on the wind and the current." he replied, "but at this rate, we should be there around two months."

Legion headed out onto the deck, leaving the captain alone to his thoughts. Two months? More than he expected, is there a possible way to knock it down some? Strider decided to rest inside of his cabin and think about it for awhile.

Out Of Character: Right now, while were on the voyage, just start up conversations with eachother, etc. Unless I say pirates attack (which is kind of doubtful in deep waters) theres not much that we can do, but it will get entertaining soon.

5. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Wolfgangsan walks up to Strider. "I hope the seas do not get too rough, because it might become a chunder-a-thon. I have heard that it might take 2 months to get to the other continent. Wouldn't it be quicker to swim there?"

6. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

"What is this vessel called, by the way?" asks Ankka. "A curragh or galley or what? And does it have a name? Like Summerflower... or Paperbasket."

Hearing that the trip will take two months Ankka decides to start getting used to the ship and not be seasick anymore. Let's see how it works.

7. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

"I propose we name this fine vessel the Titanic! Surely nothing that would ever sail the seas would be a match in size for this ship."

8. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

"I am not sure of that name, blackheart," Hydrino comments. "Reading the best selling book, The Other Earth, I remember a tale of a vessel named 'Titanic.' Not a very happy ending."

9. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Ankka decides to propose a name too.

"In my opinion we should name this Estonia."

OOC: try and figure that out. Dunno how known that ship is in the world..

10. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

Blackheart marches around the ship impatiently. He continues to smoke at least once a day to work off his boredom.

"When the hell are we going to be landing?!?!?!"

11. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Ankka has been pondering that too, and wonders if someone of the leaders of the ship could provide some maps of the route and stuff.

12. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Hydrino thinks an updated map would be great. The rocking of the unstable ship is beginning to drive him mad.

13. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

BlackHeart is so bored that he starts lighting live fish, which were caught by fishermen on the ship, on fire. He let's them burn for a while then casts them back into the sea to warn all the other fish not to think bad thoughts about the rickety boat!

14. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Strider woke up, quickly grabbing the dagger next to him and looking around for what woke him. He quickly relaxed though, only to become exicted once again as he heard "Land!!! I see land!!!" from outside.

He quickly rushed outside, and finding the young man on duty roughly grabbed him by the shoulder and spun him around yelling "Where!!? Where's the land!!?"

"That way, sir!" the young man replied, pointing in a northwest direction.

Strider turned around as everyone, awoken by the screams, came onto deck. As the first lights of dawn slowly came over the horizon, the city of Hiroshima came into view.

15. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Hydrino awakes from his slumber to the yelling on board. "Land, land!" filled his ears. Hydrino is relieved that the voyage aboard the rickety ship is ending. He reaches into his pack shouting, "Fresh wine for all!" and takes a swig.

16. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

"Hiroshima? Isn't that in Japan, where we just left from?" thought Ankka aloud. "Or is my knowledge on the map just antiquated?"

17. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

"My thoughts exactly. Are we going around in circles? If we are then this voyage is not much of a voyage then?"

18. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

i like this new harosima, it seems lucky, yep nothing bad ever going to happen to this city

19. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Hydrino realizes his joyfulness might be expressed too early. "Where are we going?" he asks.

20. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

"Is the ship's captain an idiot or is this some special route?" wonders Ankka