• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The no-BTS North American support group

Dutch Canuck

Khan of Flatlanders
Well, for the time being, it looks like the whole world got BTS before we did. I'm really surprised this happened for an American designed product... :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye:

All this time we've been :drool: for BTS. Then :hmm: as everyone but the biggest market gets it! I'm sure some are [pissed] but I bet many feel like me and wanna just

:cry: and :cry: and :cry:

Time for that group hug! :(

;)

PS: thanks very much to watiggi and others from around the globe who have shared with us so far! :D

Hey,

I'm actually having a good laugh, because I have a Mac and won't see it for months :)

Cheers.

I hope I can get mine before the 23rd...I know a guy at Gamestop, so I might be able to get it early. But not by far...

Still reading the forums, though. :)

I've been intently reading the forums since late last night when the Aussie's and some Euros exclaimed possesion of purchased copies. Great previews, but man it is frustrating the release was not more co-ordinated. I'm hoping to get my copy next Tuesday in Canada at Future Shop. But I'll see if they get it early - who knows?

Antilogic, I don't think you need to worry about not getting BtS. Civ is for the rare nerds like us that can understand the 999999999 things yoiu need to know. :p Everybody else's respons to Civ is "What the %#$! is this ^@%*???"

Antilogic, I don't think you need to worry about not getting BtS. Civ is for the rare nerds like us that can understand the 999999999 things yoiu need to know. :p Everybody else's respons to Civ is "What the %#$! is this ^@%*???"

What?

I completely missed that. I have a reserve ticket at Gamestop, and will have mine the day its released in North America at the latest, possibly before. I'm not worried about not getting it, I just want it now. I feel years younger, like a kid who can't sleep the night before Christmas. :)

I also can't believe that BtS is not being released in North America yet. I already preorder it through Amazon, but I'll get it some 3 days after the release date. :(
I wish I lived in Europe! or Australia!.

Things us North Americans can do while we are waiting (besides intently reading these forums):

-Saying good bye to our friends and loved ones for a while.

-Read a book.

-Thinking up of a killer excuse to take off work next week.

-Playing one last Warlord game before retiring the CD.

-Getting as much sunshine and fresh air before we lock ourselves in our computer rooms next week (unless of course you have a laptop and then you can play in the backyard).

^^ That's good! :lol: Here's another for those suffering the most:

-Set up camp outside our fav store and bug the clerks every hour for the next 5 to 6 days.

Yesterday, July 17, 2007 - a date which will live in infamy - the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of the Firaxians.

The United States was at peace with that nation, and, at the solicitation of Jon Shafer, was still in conversation with its government and Sid looking toward the maintenance of peace.

Indeed, one hour after Firaxian air squadrons had commenced dropping off CDs on the Australian continent, the Firaxian Ambassador to Amazon.com and his colleague delivered to our Secretary of State a formal reply to a recent American message. And, while this reply stated that our preorders might be delayed, it contained no threat or hint of war or of armed attack.

It will be recorded that the distance of Australia from Hunt Valley makes it obvious that the attack was deliberately planned many days or even weeks ago. During the intervening time the Firaxian Government has deliberately sought to deceive the United States by false statements and continued expressions of hope for early releases.

The attack yesterday on the American civvers has caused severe damage to our mental and emotional sanity. I regret to tell you that very many American lives have been turned upside-down. In addition, American ships have been reported torpedoed on the high seas between San Francisco and Melbourne.

Yesterday the Firaxian Government also launched a dropoff in Poland.
Last night Firaxian forces attacked the Netherlands.
Last night Firaxian forces attacked Portugal.
Last night Firaxian forces attacked the British Islands.
Last night the Firaxians attacked New Zealand.
And this morning the Firaxians attacked Midway Island.

Firaxis has, therefore, undertaken a surprise offensive extending throughout the Civilization gaming area. The facts of yesterday and today speak for themselves. The people of the United States have already formed their opinions and well understand the implications to the very life and safety of our nation.

As Commander-in-Chief of the Insurgent Army and Navy, I have directed that all measures be taken for our defense. Always will our whole nation remember the character of the onslaught against us.

No matter how long it may take us to overcome this premeditated invasion, the American people, in their righteous might, will win through to absolute victory.

I believe that I interpret the will of the Congress and of the people when I assert that we will not only defend ourselves to the uttermost, but will make it very certain that this form of treachery shall never again endanger us.

Hostilities exist. There is no blinking at the fact that our mods, our scenarios, and our PBEMs are in grave danger.

With confidence in our armed forces, with the unbounding determination of our people, we will gain the inevitable triumph - so help us God!

I ask that the Congress declare that since the unprovoked and dastardly attack by Firaxis on Tuesday, July 17, 2007, a state of war has existed between the United States and the Firaxian Empire.

-- Gaius Octavius, addressing a joint-session of the Civver Congress

^That must've took some time to write...

:cry: Just learned... My cousin has BTS!!!!! :cry:

Ehh crosspost... Talking bout Gaius's post.

Unfortunately, their superior promotable airforce blew our crummy Warlords planes out of the sky... in spite of the fact that we had a lot more of them near their borders.

LastOne:
Everybody always says that... did you never hear of "cut and paste"? ;)

What is the deal with this anyway? How did Australians manage to get it "before" everybody else, when it was supposed to have come out later?

Dom Pedro II:

:rotfl:

Top Bottom