The Official Anime Manga Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I caught up with all my Maria+Holic in one day because it was that awesome.

^ :shake:

--

The Fullmetal Alchemist remake is coming in three weeks. It had better be amazing.

^ :shake:

--

The Fullmetal Alchemist remake is coming in three weeks. It had better be amazing.

What do you mean "remake" ?

*Runs to Google*

OT, I prefer to watch series in Japanese w/ subtitles simply because English dubs tend to be horrible. Funimation usually does a good job. FMA, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, Berserk and Burst Angel are pretty good in English. I haven't found much else that is.

What do you mean "remake" ?

*Runs to Google*

OT, I prefer to watch series in Japanese w/ subtitles simply because English dubs tend to be horrible. Funimation usually does a good job. FMA, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, Berserk and Burst Angel are pretty good in English. I haven't found much else that is.

Great Teacher Onizuka has good dubbing. But I love to watch it for the plot lines and hilarity rather than the dubbing...:D

After much Googling, I have discovered that the new season of FMA is a re-telling of the story, only it more closely follows the manga (which means it's a new story, pretty much).

Samurai-7 came out on Blu-ray last month. Bought it based on a review, but haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

Wow! There are people who play civilization and watch anime at the same time! I skipped from page 38 to this I prefer Naruto and Bleach, DBZ however was a really great anime BUT they killed it in GT. Bleach is very bloody which is why I like it:mischief: however I rarely have time for other anime:sad:

Beginning Neon Genesis Evangelion due to friends threatening to kill me if i don't watch it. Also recommended: Lucky Star.

Watched every single Zoids NC0 episode in two nights. Zoids is awesome.

Wow! There are people who play civilization and watch anime at the same time! I skipped from page 38 to this I prefer Naruto and Bleach, DBZ however was a really great anime BUT they killed it in GT. Bleach is very bloody which is why I like it:mischief: however I rarely have time for other anime:sad:

Used to agree. Now, I don't like Naruto or Bleach. DBZ is okay, pretty good. But GT sucks.

Beginning Neon Genesis Evangelion due to friends threatening to kill me if i don't watch it.

+1. Watch it. It's not as MIND BLOWING as everyone thinks, but it changed the entire genre of mecha anime. Then follow up with Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, by the same studio.

[edit: just realized that I posted this while using an Evangelion theme. Er, so I'm a little biased...]

--

As expected, I'm following the FMA remake, as well as Hayate no Gotoku S2 (JC Staff), K-on (Kyoto Animation), and Eden of the East (Production IG). Hayate picks up where the first season left off and is about at the same level as it was last time. K-on has been pretty underwhelming so far - not quite up to Kyoto's usual standards in terms of either plot-like substance or animation quality. I blame poor source material. Eden of the East has been surprisingly good; a bright spot in a rather dull season.

+1. Watch it. It's not as MIND BLOWING as everyone thinks, but it changed the entire genre of mecha anime. Then follow up with Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, by the same studio.

[edit: just realized that I posted this while using an Evangelion theme. Er, so I'm a little biased...]

--

As expected, I'm following the FMA remake, as well as Hayate no Gotoku S2 (JC Staff), K-on (Kyoto Animation), and Eden of the East (Production IG). Hayate picks up where the first season left off and is about at the same level as it was last time. K-on has been pretty underwhelming so far - not quite up to Kyoto's usual standards in terms of either plot-like substance or animation quality. I blame poor source material. Eden of the East has been surprisingly good; a bright spot in a rather dull season.

NGE could have been good if they just decided not to have the last 2 episodes or at least combined the cash to produce the last 2 and instead made a mediocre ending episode.

TTGL was pretty good especially if you're just looking for an anime that appeals to the raw upbeat emotions. It's almost the polar opposite of NGE

I finished soul eater a while ago
Spoiler :
I wish I could courage punch the crap out of that ending

Eden of the east looks good.

Bleach is very bloody which is why I like it:mischief:

Indeed

Spoiler :
I mean, in the latest manga the guy in my avatar had the right half of his torso sliced off. Could still be more violent though. :p

Hardly have time to read much manga anymore, let alone watch anime. :(

so, anything new that came up that's interesting? Finished maria holic and toradora, buzzy with tytania.

I heard K-on was the new fad, but it seems to me it's moeblob and basically lucky star plus beck.

This must be the oldest still on-going thread of civfanatics :goodjob:

I've only started getting into Japanese cartoon art. I started off with Samurai Champloo and was blown away. Planning to get Cowboy Bebop soon. Have been watching a couple of feature length movies like Tekkon Kinkreet, which I also enjoyed.

so, anything new that came up that's interesting? Finished maria holic and toradora, buzzy with tytania.

I heard K-on was the new fad, but it seems to me it's moeblob and basically lucky star plus beck.
To Aru Majutsu no Index had just ended and might be worth a look - I had enjoyed it.

How's Tytania?

This must be the oldest still on-going thread of civfanatics :goodjob:

Yeah at 6 years running. But technically threads get recycled at 1000 posts, so I guess that sums up Anime on CFC-OT-----Endearing, but not Popular.

NGE could have been good if they just decided not to have the last 2 episodes or at least combined the cash to produce the last 2 and instead made a mediocre ending episode.

I would recommend skipping the last two episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion and going straight to the movie: "The End of Evangelion" since that is what the last two episodes were supposed to be.

I am on Disc 9 of Death Note, and that series has been excellent so far. It's worth the praise it receives.

Next up on my list: Gurren Lagann and the Hellsing re-make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom