1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official "I've Got It!" Thread. Post here....

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Sharlin, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Efexeye

Efexeye Silly Donkey

Welcome to C3C. Turn on "Detailed City View" in the graphics options screen to get the number of turns until a city grows/builds the unit displayed on-screen.

Have fun!

2. Ljdjr

Ljdjr Warlord

Just want to throw my data point into the pile.

I've got a P4 2.4 Ghz, 1 gig of ram, but only 64 MB integrated 8XXXX intel video. I downloaded the demo and got the black terrain.

So then my fiancee buys me the game for Christmas. She bought it kind of at the last minute, after I had been debating back and forth. Then she started hinting about how I should buy that video card I had been talking about. Well like any dense male, I didn't get the hint, so I had the game on Christmas, but no card.

But amazingly, the game ran fine, but slow, after hooking up the 1.52 patch. Couldn't get any movies to work right, and the leader heads eyes were a little scary, but it worked. Something tells me that this is the version they wanted to release, but were forced to release early. But from following the threads it looks like a ton of people were enjoying the game from the initial release so who can tell what's best. It seems if you pre-order you should get a bit of a discount for being a willing tester. :rolleyes: Anyway...

I went out and bought a Radeon 9250 256 MB (I know, I know, but it seems I've only got PCI slots. ;)) for $80 and the difference is amazing. Movies, map scrolling, globe view, everything looks great in Medium. I'm sure on a bigger map, I might need to turn it down to low again. We'll just have to see. :goodjob:

Oh, the game, was it worth it? Well I'll tell you one thing. The game is complicated as hell. There's so many decisions, so many more variables. But the governor automation (if you choose to use it), and shield overflow, really make the game a ton of fun. (Especially now with an improved Civilopedia.) Of course, I'll need to play about 500 more games before I can give an informed opinion. :mischief:

3. Goblin Fanatic

Goblin Fanatic Warlord

I have it, maybe doesn't go as smooth as i'd want, but still...
    Sweet, very sweet indeed.

4. Theodorick

Theodorick King

I bought mine on the day it came out... but then a friend gave me another copy for Christmas.

What am I gonna do with this extra copy now? :confused:

5. lost_civantares

lost_civantares [Insert Title]

I'm sure that there is another luckey friend near you somewhere. ;)

As for me I got the game as a birthday present, and immeaditly loved it, and have had little problems with the game.

6. panama 1984

panama 1984 Chieftain

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!! its been months of me trying to get my parents to get it for me, and now they get it for christmas. Ive been playing one game since i got it, but my civ (the spanish) are whippin the others

7. Grachi

Grachi Chieftain

I also got it back on Christmas. been playing and enjoying ever since.

Time to call it a night... a day of playing awaits tomorrow!

I'm still on christmas break vacation, seeing as im in college. next semester doesn't start till the 9th, so I have a few days left of solid civ 4 playing! :crazyeye: :lol: :)

8. johnnyjal

johnnyjal Prince

I got it for Christmas too..

9. MarcoPolo

MarcoPolo Chieftain

Just got it but can't install it until after work.

10. Sutternalt

Sutternalt Chieftain

I have it. ...I just need to play it...

11. El Tazaar

El Tazaar Chieftain

I have it. Just need to start playing it more than reading about it :p

12. s.c.dude

s.c.dude Invading N.C.

i got it i got it i got it i got it:king: :king: :king: :king:

13. Jheronimus

Jheronimus Warlord

Okey, let's bring this good oldie back on top, post here your I've got Warlords massage, I'm currious who'll be the first and maybe he or some others will answer some questions from the people who have to wait a little longer until Warlords comes out in their country (like me :( )

14. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

A great :bump:

15. The Ninja

The Ninja Secretary of Defense

I've Got it! (Well, I had it for a few months, but I wasn't registered here until now.) I ordered it off of Amazon. Pretty good, the guy even included a patch up to v1.52. The manual wasn't in the best condition, some of the pages missing. Is this a manufacturing defect or is it the other guy's fault:ar15: :ar15: :hammer: :hammer: :p
    Anyway, pretty great game, and pretty great people on this forum. (I watched for a long time before I joined.)

The Ninja:ninja:

16. bds

bds Warlord

Somebody around here likes necromancy >_>

17. The Ninja

The Ninja Secretary of Defense

My bad,:sad:
    I didn't see the last post date until after I posted.

Sorry,
    The Ninja :ninja: aka the necromancer:devil:

18. Boffinbox

Boffinbox Chieftain

Civilization, Civilization II, Civilization II Fantastic Worlds, Civilization II Scenarios, Civilization II Test of time, Civilization III, Civilization III Play the world, Civilization III Conquests, Civilization IV Version 1.74 Final Update, Official soundtracks, movies, animated avatars, aim icons, wallpapers (640X480,800X600,1024X768,1280X1024,2048X1536.)podcasts be Sid Meier, Chronicles book, All Tech Trees, Leader Photos, Official DVD and Official Card game(Yes there is an official card game!).

:cool:

Ask me for anything by sending me an email at boffinbox2@yahoo.co.uk

Failing that, try boffinbox@googlemail.co.uk

Dam i need Warlords and BTS to put the icing on the cake.

And an animated avatar for my account

19. DragonHawk

DragonHawk Bored

I finally got it last night. Played one game using Sitting Bull on Normal speed&size, fractal, Noble. Used only 2 Dog Warriors to annihilate Liz (razed 2 cities, took the capital, all guarded by warriors!!). Built all ancient wonders (except GLH), no problem. Decided to stop around 1000BC since it was getting too easy and it was around 2AM already.

20. Ginger_Beer

Ginger_Beer Chieftain

I bought the Civilization Chronicles very shortly after it came out here. I played a few games of Civ IV on Chieftain. I played them on Marathon and loved it but I find it near impossible to drag myself away from a game once I get started and back then couldn't really afford to spend much time playing. So for a long time the game just sat on the shelf but I pulled it off again a few weeks ago.

Since then I've squeezed in a few normal length games and can't get enough Civ into me! I've been playing on noble and doing quite well - my current game it's ~1200AD. I wiped out the Chinese in the very early stages and had been pretty peaceful since then until recently. Points wise, I'm quite a way in front. Technologically I'm probably slightly ahead although a handful of civs have a few techs that I don't (though rarely do they get ahead with ones that I'm chasing). I've been tracking okay on the power graph but have just recently jumped ahead as I've built up my army to wipe the French out. They weren't my preferred choice to take out because they're quite some distance from my empire but diplomatically they were the only choice. I play almost every night and quite often in the morning for half an hour before work.

I've also been reading this forum, particularly the condensed tips for beginners each day in my lunch break. I've printed out a few different guides and the manual to read on the train each day and whenever I can spare a few moments. I just can't get enough reading of Civ material or time playing the game in with everything else! I'll be buying Warlords and BtS this weekend too.

So I just wanted to say I've really enjoyed reading what I have on the forum (plus the guides that I've printed off from here) and you'll probably see more posts from me in the future.:goodjob: