The Official "I've Got It!" Thread. Post here....

Just saw this thread. Got the pre-release special edition. Also got Dark Terrain and Cheshire Cat Leaders. :( Hoping upcoming patch will fix.

I got the game on the second day and is runs fine 1.5 gig 768 ram gforce mx 4000 video.:goodjob:

Got it to run on Windows ME (1.2 Ghtz 256 meg Geforce MX200) but it's a bit wonky. Upgrading to XP 512 meg soon.

jimmygeo

Lacking a better place to post this I must say after about ten full games and loads of play time this is by far the best Civ game I've played. It's up there with Civ2 in pure fun but it excels that game with a horse length in depth and features. If it wasn't for the hardware issues this would be a ten in my book. I'm still having a great time exploring all the concepts, strategy options and possibilites. Wonderful game really.

I don't have it, actually. But I've been following the discussions here with interest, and planning to get it after the holidays.

Apparently I've been talking about it quite a lot, though. Yesterday, my wife said "you can stop hinting about Civ IV, I understand already that you want it for Christmas." Ha! I hadn't even thought of that... :crazyeye:

Guddit'. Note to self: GeForce2 won't cut it anymore. :(

It seems at first nothing I've learned from Civ's 1-3 leads to much success. Gotta read the Civilopedia more.

I've started a game with Mongols on a small map. Has it yet been concluded as to which Civ is the most powerful in IV? In III you could pull out a few cards from the pack that stood out.

Got it the day it came out. Preordered.

Works quite nice with my new gaming custom pc. :)

Gotcha!
Yesterday, but have been playing too extensively to post...;)

Fantastic game. Losing days already!

Got it a few days ago, just found these forums, loving the game so far :)

So far I liked 3 better. Civ 4 seems to have less ability to be creative while having a far slower loading speed. I think they should have made another expansion pack for 3 adding religion and a better looking terrain and a better map generator; and while instead of using pixals making the units all over again, they could have created more units to give each culture group its own unit pack. They could have also added an easier way to create your own cultures, as well as being able to have more than 5 culture groups and more than 4 eras. Oh well.

I finally got it. The real version, not the pirated one. :D Presently I've been blasted into the stone age by the AI. :crazyeye:

i am waiting for the game from the day it was realesd' and since i am from israel....i had to wait until now.

but....i got it now!
i didnt want to get it from the the net....that just wrong for me...

so i paid for it 220 shekel...that are about 50 dolers.....more or less...

but its worth every dime!

at first it had that annoying error.....but after readind the solutions here at the forum.....it work fine on my computer....!!

great game!

civ rockssssssssssssssssss!

WOOT! [party] :woohoo: i just got it today! i haven had a play off it though my dad keeps hogging the laptop :mad:

I've got it, but if I insert the DVD, it has no effect. I see a lot of files on it, but it doesn't do anything. Anyone knows what do I have to do to start the setup from the DVD?

Mirc said:
I've got it, but if I insert the DVD, it has no effect. I see a lot of files on it, but it doesn't do anything. Anyone knows what do I have to do to start the setup from the DVD?
You can use either setup.exe or autorun.exe. Are you sure they're not there?

None of them is there. The strange thing is that it's not pirated! I have there a "Civilization4.mds" and a "Civilization4.mdf". And a lot of .exe programs (4) but none of them is called Autorun or Setup.

I'm going to kill the man who mad me pay for this DVD!

Mirc said:
None of them is there. The strange thing is that it's not pirated! I have there a "Civilization4.mds" and a "Civilization4.mdf". And a lot of .exe programs (4) but none of them is called Autorun or Setup.
IIRC, mds and mdf are file extensions used for cd images, probably made by Alcohol 120%. It surely doesn't look like something the publisher would put on their discs.
I'm sorry to tell you this, but I'm afraid that your copy is pirated after all and that you have been scammed! :sad:

I'm going to kill the man who mad me pay for this DVD!
Try and get your money back first! :ar15:

Top Bottom