The Official "I've Got It!" Thread. Post here....

Mirc said:
None of them is there. The strange thing is that it's not pirated! I have there a "Civilization4.mds" and a "Civilization4.mdf". And a lot of .exe programs (4) but none of them is called Autorun or Setup.

I'm going to kill the man who mad me pay for this DVD!

Yes, that's pirated version.
It's strange that in these days pirates don't even bother to copy games properly, but distribute them as cd-images.

Shameful... :D

I went to the shop where I bought it from, I told them my problem, they verified the disk, replaced it, gave me a new one that actually works!!!!!!

And now, ladies and gentleman, the most unbelievable thing in the world:

The game works on my computer!!!!!!
It's an AMD Duron 700 MHz, 128 SDRAM, video card GeForce 2!!!!!!!! Yes, the quick speed is epic, and it stucks on Huge maps, and I have to exit the Antivirus I have because it runs out of memory, but it works perfectly!!! No Bug!!!!

That's good to hear, Mirc! [party]

I'm surprised that it even runs on your computer. But hey, as long as it works, why complain?
Enjoy your Civ IV :)

I'm not sure that they are pirates. But this one worked since I inserted the DVD into my computer. What do you mean by "How much they charged you?"? How much I had to pay? Nothing. They apologized!

BTW, my computer is kind of SuperMan! Games that require double performance work better than they do on way bettter computers! NFSUnderground, The Settlers-Heritage of Kings, and many others! Everybody told me I shouldn't even try!

Now I've got to see just if the patches work!

I got mine 2 weeks ago. Nice box with big manual, poster and registration
post card. I payed fortune for this in Serbia (4400 dinars/about 50euros)

Greetings, Bane.

I will admit something. I downloaded civ4 via p2p programs.
The reason: I had all ready ordered a copy of the game but was unsure if my grapohics card had the ability to run it. I downloaded the game, installed and tested. It wouldnt work at all, so i cancelled my order right away, and since i had no use for it, deleted the downloaded game.
However, good news folks, im getting a new graphics card for xmas, so i should be able to buy it and enjoy the sweet sweet world of civ again in a week or 2.

I just got it. Hooray no more demo! :)

Oh baby i'm gonna be gone for a while. Catch you guys later, merry christmas

I've got it!!! Actually got it yesterday, but was too involved in the game... ;)

Wal-mart took back the illegal copy my wife was sold by that same store, fortunately, for an exchange. (See other thread on missing box contents.)

Anyway, this is the coolest game!!! My fear of spending as long manipulating camera angles as you do playing are completely unfounded--in fact, other than the mouse wheel, I don't even change camera angle at all. The game ROCKS! Works excellent with v1.52 (don't know about earlier versions, though the demo worked fine as well).

Oh, and just FYI, my system specs are:

P4 3.06 MHz
Realtek HD Audio
512 MB RAM (Windows XP only advertises 508 MB...so at first it said I didn't meet minimum requirements...but bless Firaxis for allowing it to continue--I really do have 512 MB, I swear!)
nVidia GeForce 4000 MX (128 MB PCI)

So those of you with GeForce 4000 MX that think it may be too crappy for this game--don't worry for this game!

I must make a disclaimer--I have not gotten to the later ages (I am in Medieval right now), and have only done Standard maps--but it works so fast right now that I couldn't imagine it going any slower on higher maps. If it does, I'll disable Alt-Tab, which I don't use anyway when playing games like this.

Sam

UPDATE: Halfway thru Industrial on Standard map (6 rivals) and still no speed stutters--I end my turn and it prompts me for my action on the next turn (or a diplo screen if CPU tries to contact me) in under a second easily.

I got it for christmas, spent the whole morning why it wasnt working, installed the patch and have played a few games so far. :)

Got my new copy - first CD broke two days ago.

Hey, I know it is a couple day late, but I got it to when I never thought I would! For Christmas I got it. It works great exceot a little slow and I cannot read the neames of cotoes size or production on the map, but that is ok as I can just hover my mouse over it.

It is a blast, I am still playing my first game, I am the English and am just discovering railroad.

Top Bottom