The Official Unit Select/Order Sounds Lab!

Aha. Can you suggest a certain software for recordings? I mean Skype isn't for creating mp3s originally. On the other hand there could be plugins...

This could be texts for units:
select: Nu?
order: Nu nu.

BTW: Do you also originate from Saxony or are you a visitor? I am just curious.

Sorry, I can't suggest a certain software. I would just try some freeware, chip.de has often good suggestions.

And no, I am not from Saxony but from Lower Saxony. :) But in a students city you hear all kinds of dialects and the saxonian is on of my favorites.

Many languages; one is similar to Egyptian (maybe changing accent in Egyptian select/order?), many have vowels ü, ö, and some ä, some glottal stops, languages from south have very common soft sounds sh, ch, zh, j, (like Polish Ć, Ś, Ź and Serbian Đ). Anyway, pronunciation can be very approximate, because nobody speaks those languages and will be included just to give, well, a bit of alien feeling.

Example of very common name is Metyü, and there is a city named Śinđ.

Wikipedia might be a good source for checking phonetics.

Since Russian is my mother tongue I have no problem with those sounds. I can pronounce the umlauted letters too.

Try these:

Spoiler :
select

Wü kehǖm?
Wü sapǖm?
Wü lapík sīser?
Rasábü sī grö, śehǘ'üh!
Śehǘ'üh!
Metyǘ pik.
Pik Kapárü'sīh.
Wü aś kosyö́?

order

Tremipík kosyö́.
Tö́rhim tremipím kosyö́.
Trepyǘ krásük sīser.
Grö tremipík.
Pörélük, tasö́m káprük sīser.
Lapö́k tośyö́.
Katyǘ pik.
Aś tremipíme'üh đoh.

ī means long i, é means stressed e. ' is glottal stop.

I have some problems in word 'pörélük' (I hurry), and am not very good at pronouncing glottal stops.

I would really like to know which language this is, Methyl. I guess something related to turkish...

Because I don't want to tell the basics of the mod yet and because I also want people to know that I'm already busy with, well, something and won't have much time for LH requests from now on.

Conlang is artificial language.

Well, it'd better be something that is... WOW!:)

Does anybody live near an Indian reservation? Perhaps we could get sounds in Cherokee, Onondaga, and Apache, for example.

I improved the Finnish list. Thank ASIMOV123 for translating.

I added text in Romanian. Maybe any Romanians can check if it's right and record it?

We also really need an Italian to record the Italian sounds.

I added text in Brazilian Portuguese. If any Brazilians want to lend their voice...

I added text in Romanian. Maybe any Romanians can check if it's right and record it?

We also really need an Italian to record the Italian sounds.

What for? Romanian sounds already exist. I use them for my Romanian civ (I think I took them from the Gold MOD).

I'm aware of that... It's missing eight sounds, though.

Added Argentine Spanish text, complete with voseo.

I just added text in Hawaiian, for a Polynesian civ.

For an austrian or bavarian civilization this sounds will be appropriate, I think.
Someone who is able to record and spell them right is needed.

German (Austrian/Bavarian dialect):

Order 000- "Wie's wolln."
Order 001- "Gemma!"
Order 002- "Sichalich."
Order 003- "Mia san dabei."
Order 004- "Koa Problem."
Order 005- "Betrochtn's es als aledigt"
Order 006- "Sehr guat."
Order 007- "Aufm Weg!"
Order 008- "Beweg ma uns!"
Order 009- "Sie kennen auf uns zöhln."

Select 000-"Mia erwortn euren Beföhl."
Select 001-"Zu eiren Diensten."
Select 002-"Wos gibt's zum tuan?"
Select 003-"Wie lautet da Beföhl?"
Select 004-"Mia samma bereit!"
Select 005-"Homm's an Plan?"
Select 006-"Jo?"
Select 007- "Ihre Beföhle?"
Select 008- "Wos brauchen's denn?"
Select 009- "Olles bereit mochn!"

I need these sounds. I just downloaded Switzerland and I believe I'll use the Holy Roman sounds for them. Since I don't have the HRE that means I'm using these sounds for Austria.

Yeah hey mate,

Concerning the Polynesian sounds - I'm fluent in Samoan, which is spoken by around 300,000 people. The language of Hawaiian and Samoan are sort of similar, but I could record a Samoan sound pack for you, I can speak both known Dialects, as well as the "Samoan - Puritin" language, which is the language exclusively spoken by the Matais' (Chiefs).

Top Bottom