1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Omotesando

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: RPG' started by Immortal, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Diana puts another Long Island Ice Tea in front of Saamsan. Still smiling her ledgendary smile, she adds "Well your friends experience the same things as you in your small world, Sleepy. I wouldn't doubt they think about the same things as you. Burning down the ETS in a place called Princeton? That's an easy one. It has to do with proving your worth combined with the fear of success. Of course you could be crazy, but it sounds to me like you just need to get romanced," and with that Diana grabs her bar rag and moves down the bar to finish her cleaning.

2. JackA

JackA Master Trainer

Jack walks up and sits down and chats with Saasmasn

3. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

"I think I'm just gonna go with the 'I'm A Looney Bird' approach. It fits." SaaMsan resigns himself to the fact that he is crazy, but hey, he has his interns for that.
    Leaving the bar and saying goodnight to Jack, he goes to find his interns and work on their newest number. A friend of SaaMsan who plays this hollowed out twig just got back from some sort of prehistoric band camp. She said she'll help. So score another intern for SaaMsan. Its now 14 nameless interns and a flautist. Sounds like a bad band. Well, if they ever wear multi colored robes and try to preach while they sing and play, they'll predate the Polyphonic Spree by a good 3000 years. So go figure. Now all they need is a good therimin player.

4. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

*sits down at bar and orders lemon water cause its all i can afford, looks depressed. starts talking to anyone will listen*
    " Man lifes hard, i got no job, and do you know why? its them damn romans taking all the jobs while god, honest, jah fearing japenese can't find one. Sad isnt it? don't you wish some one would do something about it"

5. JackA

JackA Master Trainer

Jack gets up and outside hes sees Civnator with a sword and a horse. He said here have this sword,horse and armor. Jack puts it on and goes off when reached Babylonian terrtory went back to the Omoteando. Got off his horse went inside the bar and asked the tender i am tired may i use one of the beds? She said Sure go upsatirs into the first room on the right.Jack went

6. Cyc

Diana looks at Nobody in particular. "Great, he's broke and he complains...." She tells JackA to take a room upstairs, and wonders why Nobody is looking at her. "Need something else other than lemon water?"

7. JackA

JackA Master Trainer

Jack got a rest and went down to the bar where he ordered Pork and Orange Fruit Juice.Just then Nobody started to complained about the Forigen Minister Provolution doing nothing to help the nation and hit Jack in the face. Jack calls to the Diana Help! Nobody is starting to hit me and ruining my breakfest!

8. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

The lemon water goes stright to Nobodys head.

'Back in my day (before 4000bc) we had a name for people like you' *points drunken finger at Jack who is now like on the floor after because he said somthing about nobodys mother* we called them romans. *throws chair and starts yelling* "F^&%ken romans taking jobs from good hard working *throws lemon glass* jaaaapense, you know its pieces of s&$t like you that are ruining this coun...... *Nobody goes to kick rubbish bin but slips and falls and hits head on bar, once he hits the ground he starts crying*.........Jack gets up and starts to put the chairs back and cleab up the mess nobody made while diana comes and puts hand on nobodys sholder "come on mate."

9. JackA

JackA Master Trainer

Jack got very angry and said You're a traitor to this country! I'll challenge you to a duel!!!!!!!! HE used his sword hilt and knock Nobody very hard on the chin. He called DIana Nobody called me a ROman! I am just a very patriotic man. Nobody I'm an execllent swordsman. I have a word for you buddy:Desert to Rome!

10. Cyc

Diana pokes her head up from behind the bar at the comotion. Thinks - "This Jack guy. First he says Nobody's hitting him, when obviously someone is. Then he says Nobody's calling him a Roman. Thank Goodness. He wouldn't qualify for a Roman."

She gets up, walks around the bar, and heads for the lovely couple rolling around on the floor. She taps the complainer on the shoulder. "Hey, if you're going to continue knockin' the stuffins out of the guy, TAKE IT OUTSIDE! I don't want you makin' a mess in here."

The two men stop rolling around and stand up. They take a good look at each other, then turn around and go out the front door. Diana slaps her hands together a couple of times like she's cleaning the dirt off them. "And stay out there until you can act like civilized men!" she yells after them. She then returns to her work.

11. Immortal

Immortal Chieftain

Stealth edit :mischief:

12. JackA

JackA Master Trainer

Jack went outside and aplogized to Nobody and said "If i dont call you names Wuill you not call me a Roman?
    Nobody said sure.
    Jack went back and aplogized to Diana.He went outside to practice when SaaMsan Came out protesting war!

13. Cyc

OOC: :lol: Immo, in storytime, Asano has only been in town about a week. Immo just split. You wrote that Diana waited a week for the message. Asano couldn't come to town, as the silent Riko had him waiting for information at the compound. :lol:

So I'll write diana out of the story when it's appropriate. :rolleyes:

14. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

SaaMsan is sleeping when he hears Jack suddenly yelling about him protesting.
    "Oy.. I'm trying to get some rest here, people. Please keep it down. Some of us have had their heads stuck in fishbowls for the last few days."
    SaaMsan didnt see himself protesting. Heck, he's heard rumors that the Iroquiois were possibly planing an attack. If Japanatica was attacked, SaaMsan would be one of the first to support the war, as long as it was a vaild and well thought out war. Not ones where we went in for no reason.
    But that's another story. SaaMsan just wants to sleep. He and his friend Qui need to get a move on tomorrow morning. Qui says she has a new idea. So SaaMsan just needs sleep.

15. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

"Hi everyone my name is Nobody and I have a lemon water problem" *nobody admits his problem and decideds to strighten slef out by joining recruits*

16. JackA

JackA Master Trainer

Jack Ijuno tells Nobody May i join youjr recriut band?

17. Rik Meleet

Rik Meleet Top predator Retired Moderator

Riko waited anxiously in front of Asano's house. She knew the man-hunt, or rather woman-hunt, was still going on. It was somewhat lessening, but she didn't feel like it was safe enough to show herself yet. It was already a huge risk going to her chief to tell about Asano's counter-proposal. And she had to return to Asano's house as well. Fortunately unseen.

She sat there, thinking:
    I hear our hated despot is forcing his scientists to research a new way to govern the lands. An absolute Monarchy. But he underestimates us; there will be many riots, perhaps even anarchy, and if the Babylonian gods 'Merodach, Nergal and Sin' were looking and paying attention there might be even a long time of anarchy. That would be the sign for her and her people to stand up and seize power. She would be the queen and Asano by her side. "

-* Bang *- The door closed, as always, with a loud bang. That would be Asano stepping outside.

"Is that you Asano ?" Riko shouted.

"Yes" she heard Asano say. "So you've returned Riko? Show yourself, I've got news for you".

Riko walked to the door. Asano looked excited. She recognised the signs when a person knows a secret he wants to share.

"Our leader is going to crown himself King soon. The festivities are planned in 2 moons. Who'd expected that ?"

"Really" - Riko said. She was amused. Riko had far better sources than Asano.

"So, you bring me the answer of your leader?"

"My leader rejected your proposal. He is willing to use your house as a base of operations and a hide-out, but working the land and living with the uncertainty of being tossed out at your whim won't do. We have far higher goals than just living here. We aren't farmers, we aren't peasents, we aren't people of the land. We are intellectuals, scientists, politicians."

Asano frowned.

"I want to tell you something else, Asano, I need your help". -This always worked with men.

-------------------

Riko was alone outside again. Asano had said that he needed time to think. Asano went riding his horse; he'd always do that to think.

Riko thought over what she'd told Asano. That the Babylonians were not the enemy of Japanatica. They were powerless. That the neighbours the Iroquois were the aggressors and the arch-enemies of the Babylonians. The Iroquois had oppressed the Babylonians for as long as people remembered. And that the Babylonians needed help. The Iro's had killed or kidnapped many Babylonian scientists and Babylon did not know yet the art of writing and not even that there were many gods.
    "Then how come the Babylonian gods are 'Merodach, Nergal and Sin'"? Asano had asked, confuzzled.
    "They are names for the same Deity, my dear Asano".
    She had asked Asano to give her the scrolls which holds the secrets of Writing and Polyheism so she could bring them to Hammurabi to help the Babylonians in their struggle with the Iro's. Although it isn't an open war; it can be declared any day now; the Iro's are very aggressively.

Asano remembered a bunch of Iro warriors in the Immo-delta. And they didn't seem to be there on holiday and also not prepared to leave; they had made fortifications there, even.

"Now help me Asano, The Iro's want to destroy us Babylonians only to get strong enough to go after you next. They are a real danger; you Japanaticans haven't even seen a special Iroquois horse unit that is deadly. Warriors and spearmen are no match to it. We have to secretly help Babylon and openly treat them as friends. My nation needs Japanatica as much as I need you".

Riko fell in Asano's arms, hugging and holding him.

Asano broke free. "I leave now; I take my horse and I'm going to have a ride. I need to think this over! Please be here when I return."

18. Cyc

The gears within Riko were grinding, as she had so wanted to spend the night, but this counter-offer from Asano was too enriched with potential and far too important to sleep on. At the close of the lengthy after-dinner conversation, Riko’s meal had settled and her head had cleared. She was ready to go see the Chieff. Asano slapped the rump of her horse as Riko took off out of the compound, “Hurry back”, was all he said.

“You know, I’ve thought it over. In answer to your question, Asano-sama”, said Oishi as he joined his partner watching the dust rise as Riko sped off, “I believe a suitable name for this compound would be Jakuza. In its humble way, it holds tribute to many, but stands tall.”

Asano thought about the name for a moment as a smile crossed his face. “Interesting” he said as he turned towards his friend, ”very interesting. I think you just may have found the name. When we have a gate erected, please put Jakuza across the top for all to read. I will use this name from now on, …you have done well, Oishi.”
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rising sun brought in the last of the small groups of soldiers. As they had started to arrive, they were told to rest, but as the last group came in, Jakuza was starting to bustle with activity. The support caravan had arrived and set up tents through the darkened hours for everyone. Morning light had the engineers constructing a watchtower on the western perimeter. Cavalry Archers were sent out on patrol, sentries posted, and the appropriate officers, under direction from Oishi, assigned all other standard procedures. It had been a good day, which would end early, per plan. Support had fixed a late lunch for all, who were then to gather in the compound for an announcement.

In the late afternoon, Oishi ordered the troops into formation. There were some two hundred in total, including officers, support, and the engineers. The military units consisted of Calvary Archers, Yari Cavalry, and foot soldiers of the Yari Samurai class. Asano and Oishi, both in full regalia, stood under the shade of the back porch of the house, watching as the formation took place. Then Oishi left to mount his horse and ride through the ranks, inspecting as he went. Encouraging words and bold statements were made by him as he made his way to the forefront of the Company. He turned to face them, “Men, we have gathered here today to recognize and celebrate the beginning of a new future! Our destiny stands before us; join me in securing it! Hail Asano!” The troops raised their weapons in unison and a roar erupted from them. Oishi turned to face Asano, “I give you…JAKUZA!”

19. JackA

JackA Master Trainer

Jack Ijuno went outside and asked Riko Would you like to go on an epedition to the Irouiquis territory? Riko said Sure get the armor and horses and lets go they rode off into the distance......

20. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Michiko returns to the Omotesando after a few days at the shrine (and wonders why this JackA character keeps following her around). She was to meet Diana in the morning.