The Omotesando

Diana greets Michiko as she enters and asks if there is anything she can get her, as far as libations go. Michiko replies, "Yes, I'll take a tall orange juice please. Nice place you have here."

Diana rolls her eyes, "I try to keep it up. So...you were telling me you had a dream?"

OOC EDIT: Realized my mistake in posting, and have changed the name.

But Asano didn't take more than a couple of steps. He stopped, took a deep breathe and returned to Riko's side. "I don't need to think about this any longer, Riko.

"It saddens me that your Leader has rejected my proposal. I am saddened that your Leader does not want his people to come live with us farmers, peasants, and regular People of the Land. I'm actually amazed that, without the fieldwork neccessary to provide nutrition to the mind and body, your intellectuals, scientists, politicians are not really, really skinny. How do you do it? But beyond the grief that I feel for your people persecuted by our tyrant, that will continue to suffer at the rejection of this proposal, I am extremely distraught over the continuing atraucities brought on by your "arch-enemies", the Babylonians. Becuase your people do not wish to share the burden of survival with us here in Jakuza, it is not possible for them to use Jakuza as a base of operations or a hide-out. I sincerely hope this does not cause your people additional hardship on their already difficult quest for independance. And finally," Asano looked directly into the eyes of Riko and took another deep breathe, " even though I planned to set up sessions with your people as a whole, in order to teach them the Japanatican Alphabet and carry that through with the ability to write ledgibly, I now can not see the point in revealing national secrets to a foreign country that feels we are mere peasants. It just doesn't sit right with me. I will refrain from commenting on how your single God with multiple names would, if your were to learn Polytheism, cause you to consider more than one Deity, and therefore cause an explosive amount of names for your malnutritioned intellectuals to remember. Not pretty thought.

"I also understand how you've put on great distances through perilous territory being the runner, so to speak, for these messages. I sincerely wish you a safe journey back to your people. Maybe we'll meet again someday. Good bye, Riko."

With that, Asano turned an walked back towards the house.

Jack Ijuno order a tall lemon juice. And pork. When Diana asked where he was from he said Zorijj.

Diana thought for a moment as she gazed out the front door, "Zorijj? Where's that?... Oh, do you mean Zojoji? That is a hard name to remember. It's Zo - jo - ji", she said but before handing him the pork, she said "You try it...". Then she smiled.

Jack said Zojoji.Yeah thats it. *Takes out Training Camp Promotional posters and sticks them on the wall for evrybody to see*.

They seemed entirely competent, these 30 men and women. All were at least skilled with both a sword and in horseback riding, and each had their own specialty as well. Oddly, the women were the most sinister of all, all of them skilled alchemists and experts with knives. Most of them were stunning as well, all the better to get close to the target. The one thing the group lacked was cohesiveness, exemplified by their lack of any sort of leader. This made it easier for Noldodan to take over, but it also led to other problems…

“Sir! Those two artillerymen are fighting again! I think they might be out for blood this time!” The speaker was one Folëchebin, a promising up-and-coming IS officer and aide to Noldodan. The major part of this job was to keep an eye the team, mostly assassins, and to keep them from each others’ throats. Unfortunately, some feuds, such as the one between the team’s two artillerymen, ran too deep to be forgotten in the few days that they had been traveling. Nobody really knew why they fought, but then again, they probably did not know themselves.

The artillerymen themselves were sort of an oddity, or rather, their profession was. No one (except Noldodan and the artillerymen themselves) really understood the need to drag the two heavy, slow catapults along with them. No one had seen them in action, and so most of them thought they were too complex and prone to breaking to be of any use in combat. They were partly right. In an open-field battle, they wouldn’t be able to kill nearly enough of a mobile enemy to be worth even their parts. But against an enemy entrenched in a building, as they expected to face, a single well-placed shot could be devastating, collapsing the building upon the defenders’ heads. And of course, like any new weapon, it would shake the nerve of the enemy, which was always worth the effort.

But in the meantime, Noldodan wondered if he could keep both of the men alive to use the catapults. They were only a day out from where the former noble’s manor was supposed to be, and hadn’t seen any sign of it yet, or of any other humans. And Asano couldn’t possibly know they were here… could he? No. He couldn’t possibly have more men than Noldodan had, and that meant he couldn’t be scouting out this far. All Noldodan had to do was wait here a couple more days, enough to ensure that Pelon wouldn’t try contacting him again, then he would move in, of course during the night. And then, if all went well, he would have taken out Asano and secured the manor, which would enhance his reputation a good bit. And that would give him the opportunity to--

“Noldodan! Sir! There’s a message here for you, it just came in from a runner,” Folëchebin said as he handed the message to Noldodan. The message read in a hasty scrawl: “You have been betrayed. Lepsurusti has told Asano of your location, and is currently leading 200 trained men to your location. Best of luck, you’ll need it. Pelon.”

“Dear sweet Eru! Folëchebin, get everybody up and ready for an attack, expected anytime. And where’s this messenger, I need to talk with him…”

Some hours later: Noldodan, Folëchebin, Seizo (who was the messenger), one of the artillerymen, and 3 others of the IS troops are fleeing Asano’s light cavalry. Noldodan swore, whatever else he would do, he would get back at Lepsu. Even Asano could wait until Lepsu was dead. But in the meantime flight was all-important. Perhaps he could rest up at the Omo until things blew over. There were Japanatican troops in Immo, and they would certainly be willing to help out an IS official, once they were sure he wasn’t going to “question“ them. He would still have to lie low though, and that grated on his pride. Oh, how sweet revenge would be…

A new order for Operations went out. Jakuza was to be self-sufficient. Our Army would feed itself, trade with others, and grow to become a power to be reckoned with. As part of the new way, soldiers were trained in the art of farming.

Harvest was due soon, new planting was needed. Any men who were not building with the engineers, working with support, or on normal military duty (sentry, scout, training, etc) were to work the fields or the river. It didn't matter want your duties were in the military ranks, or what your level of achievement was, your duties could be transferred to the production of food, commerce, or buildings.

With Jakuza working, productive and safe, Asano had time to reflect....

After the taking, Immo had come by to thank him for delivering the Jade Eagle. It was at that time Immo had told him that visiting the Capital city of Fanatikku was utmost importance and that he was leaving the Omo in Asano's care. Diana would handle the day to day operations until Immo sent for her. After that, it was all his. Asano had Oishi send 4 or 5 men to the Omo for protection and running the place. Oishi had sent knowledgeable AND trustworthy people to oversee the operations. Word was, she had soon gotten word from Immo to join him, as she and the Jade Eagle disappeared. Diana's absence had caused a slow down in business, but the regulars kept it running.

Then came a message from the Capital. It seemed the Government had heard wind of our arrival and had decided to include us in their plans. For some reason, their plans had included killing one of their own. It was that door slamming Noldodan. Asano had wondered what ole Noldo had stepped in to receive such attention. A man named Lepsurusti, who was head hauncho at IS had offered him 200 gold and promised a tax exemption on Jakuza if he could just do away with Noldodan. Remembering the strange happenings that unfolded when he had ridden into town, Asano accepted. Gold and a tax exemption were needed. "Had Pelon been involved in this?", Asano had thought. Immo had mentioned on his way out the door how Pelon had saved his butt from Noldodan. Knowing Pelon frequented the Omo, Asano sped Ako into town in order to find out. A return favor and the making of a possible ally may be called for.

He had left Oishi in charge, with the men at the ready. Mounted scouts were to hide in the woods and fields, and to fire flaming arrows in the direction of the approaching enemy if seen. That would be the signal Oishi would need to attack. They waited in the night.

At the Omo, Asano found Pelon with his side-kick, Seizo. The conversation was short and to the point. Asano spoke briefly about the protection of Immo and the repayment of a common debt. If Pelon or his men were involved with the assault on Jakuza, they were now receiving fair warning. The suprize attack was a suprise no longer, and the attackers would perish. Asano made the point that his and Pelon's account were now even and left for the battle.

After thrashing Noldodan's small force with multiple attacks of archers and cavalry, Oishi had them on the run. With only a few stragglers in flight, Oishi called for a halt, and returned to the wooden and metal contraptions Noldodan had brought with him. "Secure these devices and bring them to Jakuza" he ordered. They appeared to be some kind of weapon, their purpose would soon be found out. Asano watched the fleeing group of men dissappear into the forest.

Zio entered the bar and looked around. Amidst the confusion he spotted an open bar stool. He sat down and ordered a beer and nori. The barkeep sets his food and drink in front of Zio, and he hands him a couple gold coins. Out of his pocket, he pulls Bon-Bon. He sets her on the table and she nibles on the nori. Zio looks around the bar and drinks his beer.

It was a normal night at the Omotesando. The tavern was staffed by 4 of Oishi's men, who deserve mention here. Tomo was behind the bar, a good sized man who knew the ins and outs of barkeeping. He was the twin brother of Tajo, who ran the bar during the day. Mamoru was there as a bouncer and would stand or sit by the door. His immense size sent an immediate message to all, leaving no doubt as to his purpose. Tomo and Tajo could both give him a run for his money in a wrestling match though. Managing the place was Kin. This man was business all the way. Good looking and smart, he had no problem being the charismatic bar manager. All 4 men had known each other for many years, so it was a good arrangement for staffing the Omo. There was a fifth man, but he was an alternate/relief guy, that few at the bar had seen.

In walks a man who takes a seat at the bar and orders a small meal and a beer. He's new to the Omo, so Tomo soon returns to strike up a conversation. Noticing the little mouse nibbling on the Nori, he says"Excuse me, sir. But we're not allowed to have animals in here."

"But she's not bothering anyone, she's just hungry" replied the man.

After finding out the man's name, Tomo says, "Look Zio, it's against the rules, why don't I get you a paper container, so you can take the food outside." And with that, he enters the back room, where Kin is at the desk. "There's a guy out here named Zio who has a small mouse eating his food at the bar. Cute mouse, but I told him he has to go." He then folds paper into a small cup.

Kim rises and walks to the curtain to peek through, "A mouse....?"

Zio, downs the rest of his beer, takes the food in the small paper cup and walks out. He grumbles something about the mouse being smarter than half the people there. Spying a bench in front of the Bar, Zio sits down.

"Well girl, I supose you must be used to now aren't you."

"Squeek."

"Oh well look at this,"

Zio holds up a gold coin,

"Swiped it off the chap next to us when he wasn't looking."

"Squeek Squeek."

"I know its not much, but it will have to do for now. Don't worry though that will all change soon."

Zio smiles, picks up Bon Bon and walks down the road whistling to himself.

The Omo had a mediocre crowd for a Thursday evening and Tomo felt it was the right time to try his idea for a drinking contest. Kim had more or less approved of the idea, giving approval on a trial basis. Tomo took a large serving spoon and hit it against one of the new beer mugs (with the introduction of glass, this place really rose in class). CLACK! CLACK!

"Attention, people! It's soon time for the new Thursday Night Drinking Contest! Anyone interested, please sign up. The contest goes as follows...
Each contestant will get 5 mugs of beer (free of charge), on the condition they drink all 5 one at a time, one right after the other. When all contestants have finished their beers, another 5 will be placed before them under the same conditions. If there are any eligible contestants after this round, another 5 mugs of beer will be placed before them, under the same conditions. Any contestant who passes out, leaves the bar, or does not adhere to the conditions is disqualified. Last man standing WINS! I am the Judge for the contest.

Now, who wants to sign up?

Jack Ijuno told Tomo I'll sign up.

"Excellent, Jack Ijuno. Congratulations on being the first to sign up for the Thursday Night Drinking Contest. You get a free mug for that!" A small round of applause went up and Jack Ijuno raised his mug in response.

Tajo, who had worked the dayshift, came down from his room and after the applause died down, he thanked the people mistakenly and told them that really wasn't necessary. :D

"I'd like to sign up for the Drinking Contest" he told his brother Tomo. "I think I can outlast Jack Ijuno. By the way, where's Hideyoshi? I asked him to be here. Told him about the free beer..."

Tomo gave him the "I dunno" look and put Tajo's name on the list, saying "Ok, who else wants wants to be the winner of the very first Drinking Contest at the Omotesando?"

Jack Ijuno said to Tajo I can outlast you i bet. see ya in the contest.
Thanks for the free mug Tomo!

"Ok", Tomo said. "Looks like that's all we have this time...Oh, wait.." He had seen the door open and Hideyoshi come through it. Hideyoshi moved past Tajo on his way to the bar, "Free beer?"

"Free beer." Tajo said with a smile as he followed. All three men standing side by side, waited for Tomo to finish setting up the beers. "Sure hope you gentlemen are thirsty", he said as he grabbed the serving spoon and mug again. CLACK CLACK

As you can see by the sign on the wall, we have just received a new shipment of glass mugs. We will be using these mugs in the Contest tonight. Jack Ijuno has already won one of these mugs. The winner of this Contest will be awarded his very own LARGE sized mug. As you can see it has an nice handle on it and some fancy markings. OK, here we go. Gentlemen grab a beer and drink. Follow that with another until you have no more beer left. GO!

Each man picked up a beer and brought it his mouth. Tajo just poured his down slowly and reached for his second. Hideyoshi enjoyed the aroma of his beer before he chugged it down. Jack Ijuno gulped his in time to keep up with the other men, and as he set down his mug smiled with a large smile, topped with a moustache of beer foam. The second beer went the same, but the third beer showed Hideyoshi tipping back his head to swallow the beer. Problem was he kept on going. Like the image of a windmill, his beermug left the bar in a circular motion and kept on going, as his feet stayed planted before the bar and he fell flat on his back, sound asleep.

"Well, he didn't last long," Tomo said as he eyed the floored contestant, "ladies and gentlemen, it's now down to Tajo and Jack Ijuno..."

Both remaining contestants smiled as beer #4 went down a little slowly. Jack Isuno was a smaller man than Tajo, but most men were. As the the fifth mug hit the bar emptied and within seconds of each other, both men let out a disguised belch, in an attempt to act dignified. Tomo took a large soft-tipped drum stick and struck the gong behind the bar, it's sound echoed throughout the establishment. "End of round One", he declared and set up the next round of beers.

"Are you up for this?" Tajo asked Jack Ijuno, who was wavering a little bit...

Oh, yeess, defnately", was he reply "bring 'em on, heh!"

Tajo watched Jack Ijuno as he drank his sixth beer, slowly pouring his down at the same time. Jack Ijuno was still smiling, Tajo had to give him that. When Tajo slammed that beer mug down, one of Jack Ijuno's knees gave in and he fell towards Tajo, at least that's what appeared to have happened. Tajo grabbed him and stood him up while looking at Tomo. "Slide my beer over here", he said as he held Jack Ijuno up with one arm. He reached for the beer with the other and as he finished drinking it, he realized the Jack Ijuno was barely able to regain his stance. "You done, man?" he asked.

Jack Ijuno sat on the barstool next to him and said "Heck, no...". Then he put his head down on the bar and pointed his finger at Tajo like his was going to instruct him. But he never said a thing. He went right to sleep.

Tomo struck the Gong again claiming Tajo the winner and presenting him with the prize. "Thank you, all" he said just before he stepped outside to relief himself. A healthy round of applause followed him out the door. Mamoru moved Hideyoshi and Jack Ijuno to a comfortable booth, wishing he could have been in the contest.

"I could have beaten him", he grumbled...

Jack Ijuno said Oh well i can ry agian at least i have a free mug! and smiles and shrugs.

Some time after the drinking game, Noldodan walks in to the Omo. Fortunately, no one recognizes him, as the ragged weather-beaten man now looked completely different from the proud, confident Internal Security officer of a few weeks before. He did, however, recognize some of Asano's men in the bar, and Diana, but no Immo. And without Immo... the Omo just wasn't the same without Immo. He would have to find another place to meet the people he needed to. There had been a new place opening up, the Bada Bing. It looked rowdy, but perhaps he could contact the right people there. After all, good mercenaries were quite energetic.

Returning to the Omo after visiting the Temple, Kin walked slowly in the dark. He saw the door of the Omo open and light pour out as a man entered. The door slammed behind him. "Hmm, that man looks familiar."

As Kin stepped up on the porch and reached for the door, it opened. The same man that just entered was coming out. They turned sideways as they passed each other, and Kin recognized him as Noldodan. Noldo, it seemed to him had lost all of his privilaged status and was now homeless. Kin had to hold his nose as he passed, being grateful that old Noldo hadn't stayed. But who had he been looking for, that he didn't find? Was that the reason he had come here, yet left immediately?

Pelon hadn't been back since that night he spoke with Asano. Now Noldodan was homeless. Another strange turn of events. This would all go in his report to Oishi.

The n ext day, Kin rode out to the Jakuza. The road was now well traveled, as small shops had been set up on the outskirts of town. The road that lead NE to Jakuza had as many curious site-seers as it did merchants. As he got closer to the compound, he could see the wall erected, still incomplete, and the watchtower. Looking to the East, the trail of dust that was cased by wagons leading to and from the new river docks was easy to see. Soon Jakuza would be using the river for commerce, adding more strength to the organization. The Omo, as always, was turning a profit. The Harvest was starting to come in, and things were starting to come around. Asano had done well.

Jack Ijuno bored started to use his room wall as an archery practice target.
The noise of the arrows could be heard from the bar.
Compliants rose.

JackA said:
Jack Ijuno bored started to use his room wall as an archery practice target.
The noise of the arrows could be heard from the bar.
Compliants rose.

Kin had heard the thump, thump coming from upstairs too. He signals Mamoru to go check it out, who bounces up the stairs with amazing agility for his size. Listening in the hallway, Mamuro confirms his thought that the noise would be coming from Jack Ijuno's room. He knocks and when Jack Ijuno opens the door, the Bouncer looks past him to see about six arrows stuck in the plaster walls. "What, exactly are you doing?", the large man asks.

Jack Ijuno shrugs and tries to look past Mamuro, but fails as his visotor takes up the entire doorway, "I got bored, so I'm practicing my archery skills.", looking up at Mamuro now, he says "Want to try?" and offers Mamuro the bow. The big man just shakes his head, "I knew you were trouble when I first laid eyes on ya." He takes the bow and throws it into the hallway. Then he picks up Jack Ijuno and carries him, twisting and yelling to the bed. Then he holds Jack Ijuno upside down and shakes him until all the gold and any valuables fall from his pocket (which wasn't much) and then lets go. Jack Ijuno bounces up and down on the bed, eyes wide open, trying to get up. Mamuro grabs him by the ear and takes him downstairs to Kin.

"He's been shooting arrows into the wall of his room. He totally ruined the plasterwork. Should I introduce him to the street?" He said to the bar manager as Jack Ijuno twisted back and forth from the pain in his ear.

"Yes, please do", he looked at Jack Ijuno, "and don't come back. If I see you in here again, I will assume that you are here to pay me for the trouble you've caused or are just wanting to get your butt kicked. Understand?"

Jack Ijuno made a whining noise and a pleading look at Mamuro took him to the door. Jack Ijuno, now banned from the Omotesando, stood in the road, looking at the establishment. "Fine", he yelled. "I didn't need a roof over my head or good food anyway!" and strode off to the Training Room.

Top Bottom