The "other Europeans" respawn exploit.

Refar

Deity
I just stumbled over a interesting bug/exploit

Once completely eliminated from the map the other European Colonies will respawn with a new Caravell.
I assume this is by design, the :crazyeye:-part is:

The Ship will allways spawn at exactly the same location on the map (I presume the location where they spawned in the beginning of the game). The location is quite easy to track down with a pair of Privateers.

Better yet, it will spawn direclty adjacent, completely surrounded or even under my own ships (While at War...), right during my turn. The moment they last unit is killed (or the mokment the Ship is killed) the Caravell respawns in exactly the same spot, ready to be killed again. And again....

Very convinient to train a stack of SoTL...

Yeah. I imagine you could easily get full promotions this way. It might take a looooong time, but eventually...

EDIT: Plus this is a good way to get a huge about of Military Points.

In the unofficial patch, you can't DoW a European colony for the first 20 turns. This helps the AI establish itself. And coupled with a better AI military buildup, makes it a lot harder to use this exploit. :)

In the unofficial patch, you can't DoW a European colony for the first 20 turns. This helps the AI establish itself. And coupled with a better AI military buildup, makes it a lot harder to use this exploit. :)

Nevertheless, it's still be possible to wipe out European nation. And then it will respawn endlessly. Annoying.

As I remember in Col1 there was a chance European nation at some point (when lose all or almost all colonies) will 'surrender' to other nation, gift all remaining units and leave New World forever.

It was nice just for stopping this endless caravel hunt.

I play with the unofficial Patch. It has many really great improvements.

Still i just had whiped out all 3 by turn 150. (On Epic)
Some early Privateers do help a lot. Finding the Last Spanisch scout was a bit of a PITA (he just kept wandering the map insted of making a new Settlement).

In the meantime put 8 SotL on the French (and later others) cavel spawning wormhole and got them to Veteran 5 within 30 turns. Had 4 Generals too. Used one on a Medic Dragoon and 3 on SotL (These 3 could eat Man-o-War alive).
Reduced the Kings fleet down to 2 Ships (could have taken out these as well, but i was afraid i will loose of he cant deliver the Troops for me to kill...)

Btw. Another case of AI-BS here:
Adams managed to sneak thet one of the respawning Caravells (he hed a FF giving +1 :move: and i was a bit sloppy) past me, founded a new town, got it to 50% Rebel Sentiment within 3 turns, DoI'ed (Which a population of 2) and Got Smashed by the REF of course.

Top Bottom