1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

The Party

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game: Role Play & Games' started by I am the Future, Nov 14, 2005.

1. I am the Future

I am the Future Oi Oi Oi !!!

what ministry do ya wana be in ChopperHead?

2. Chopperhead

Chopperhead Chieftain

Don't care really just toss me in were ever you need people.
    Id like to end up as a thought police eventually tho ;) :D

3. I am the Future

first post has had the terms Political Role Playing added to help avoid players benig discuraged by a totalitarian party. Though we are a totalitarian party, we do it in hte sence of fun for all people in the demogame

4. Mmmm Butter

Mmmm Butter Chieftain

I've never played the previous versions of Civ, so this will obviously be my first experience with a game of democracy. I still don't understand fully how it works yet, been browsing through the forum. I read a few parties' pages, wished there was a Keg Party, but finding this, I feel the need to pledge my allegiance to Ingsoc. I'd like to be part of Minitrue, but if you'd need me elsewhere that's no problem. Just keep the gin coming, and the bliss shall ensue. :salute:

Edit: Apologies if I shouldn't be assuming you'd take any newcomer. I'm new to this stuff.

5. I am the Future

Welcome in, and around here it isnt Gin it is Victory Gin. I suggest reading the book if you have time.

6. Mmmm Butter

Mmmm Butter Chieftain

Sweet! :D

Oh, 1984's one of my all-time favorites... basically that and Brave New World top my list, I couldn't imagine how much more I'd have liked them had I been around during the cold war and all that. Doubleplusgood idea for a citizen group. :goodjob: I've read basically everything this site had to say about demo games, I got a pretty good understanding now I think. So, yeah, loved the book, and the gameplay style and civic choices of the group are pretty much exactly how I play, couldn't work out gooder. :beer:

I'll be changing the sig right after this post, btw.

7. I am the Future

Allright, the membership is rising. Anyone else want to run for upper party, 20 people max.

8. I am the Future

Now that their are 7 of us, I believe that discussions on how many Upper Party Members are necesary for The Party. I personally tink that my original idea was somewhat, optimistic. Right now I think I should amend the number to 6 one of which would become Big Brother. This amount wont be a far off goal if we get a few more members. PS I am looking for a early January PM election.

9. koondrad

koondrad Citizen Koondrad

Mr. Future,

Can I join? There seems to be a shortage of members in the Miniplenty so I would be happy to join it. I wouldn't mind being in the Miniluv either but I understand it is being done by appointment.

Cheers,

10. I am the Future

The time comes for us to send massive waves of propoganda to all of those around. Anyone who is in the party and wishes to be get a spot as an upper party member must show proof of sending a PM to 15 people regidtered in the citizens registry that have a post count over 50. PM me a list of all of those you Pmed and a copy of the PM. Make sure taht their is a link to the thread in the PM.

11. Armed_Maniac

Armed_Maniac Soldati

Very well... however i'm short on time right now and I feel a headache comming so it's gonna have to wait...

12. RoboPig

RoboPig Chieftain

the lists have been sent!

13. The Condor

The Condor On an excellent adventure

I want to join but what the heck do I do (new here)?

14. I am the Future

Condor what ministry do you wish to join, to find out what they do read the first post.

15. I am the Future

I propse that we stop at 5 upper party members, and 3 thought police. If I don't get any strong discuragement from our members within the next 24 hours it will be made law.

16. The Condor

I am expressing interst in being a upper party dude but what then can't or can I do and what do I have to do to be able to do it? How do I not think (I can not think but why can't I if I wanted to)?

17. I am the Future

Post 30 explains how to be in the upper party. Only 3 seats left. You still need to be in a ministry though becuase in addition to being the legislative section of the Party they are also the leaders of their ministry.

18. The Condor

Oh, well in that case I guess I will be one of the grunts. Also, I signed up on wherever Robopiggy and you said too.

19. I am the Future

I have added you to the Ministry of Plenty, please read the first post to find out your duties.

20. Dr. Yoshi

Dr. Yoshi Emperor of the Universe

I will join Minipax.