The Path to Enlightment

Meta

Chieftain
I, a mystic of Japanatica, have been studying the evils and cruelty throughout our empire and have come to realize four noble truths.

I There is Suffering, Dukkha, and it should be understood. Birth is suffering, aging is suffering, sickness is suffering, and without contact of loved ones is suffering. The first noble truth is the truth of suffering, and understanding that living is suffering.

II The origin of suffering must be abandoned. There is the origin of suffering, which is attachment to desire. Desire should be let go of. Desire has been let go of. Desire is an important thing to understand. Kama Tanha or the desire for wanting to sense pleasure through the body, therefor leading to addiction of pleasure. Desire of becoming something else what you are right now is just an attempt to become happy. Seeking wealth to become happy is another but it does not make the world right and only feeds into your suffering. Desire should be let go of.

III There is cessation of suffering and should be realised. People rarely realise none-suffering because it takes a special kind of willingness in order to ponder and investigate and get beyond the gross and the obvious and contemplate "What does attachment feel like?".

IV The Eightfold path is the way out of suffering. The path that should be understood and developed.
A. Wisdom
B. Morality
C. Concentration
These are the groupings of the eightfold path.

Information and the future:
I am hoping for this Buddhist Temple to be approved as a civgroup since we are a largely buddhist asian nation.

Sources for information about Buddhism www.buddhanet.net

The temple is in need of another monk and is as open to as many followers true to the Buddhist faith(in civ3 demogame).

Samurai or other warriors may not proceed to the path of a monk as they do not meet the requirements of harmony. Samurai are accepted as followers since many were buddhists in pre-industrialized japan.

Honorable Meta-kacho. If it would please thee, I, Asano and my companion, Oishi-sama would join as followers. We are mere Kohai (students). Oishi-sama is a Zen Master and also proficient in Nirvana and Lotus Sutra. I am the grasshopper he shows the path to inner light. He has shown me the way to examine the matters of my life and to question my answers.

In our ignorance, we do not qualify for anything but followers. Oishi-sama is a prominently ranked Samurai, and I have much to learn before he will even consider me as his student. We ask your permission to join your house.

The path to the cessation of the suffering called life is a hard undertaking and the temple accepts you if you will be zealous to its cause. We are asking all great samurai to be fanatical about Buddha's teachings.

Meta said:
We are asking all great samurai to be fanatical about Buddha's teachings.

I am sorry to interject revered monk, but this in itself is a paradox. Lord Buddha looked down on needlessly killing and unnecessary taking. While his word is revered, it would appear to not apply in the position of those who would take up arms and defend our homes. Also, what do you mean by fanatical?

Top Bottom