1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

The plain GEM - modern resource

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Giant Earth Map Mod' started by Genghis_Kai, May 28, 2008.

1. derflensburger

derflensburger Chieftain

Hi,
    ist there any chance to play your really neat map with the normal set of civs or for my personal mod? Maybe a seperate download somewhere?
    I don't seem to able to load the map without the mod...

Too bad I'm not a modder... otherwise I probably wouldn't have asked!

Thanks in advance!

2. Jabarto

Jabarto Emperor

3. StJude1

StJude1 Grand High Poobah

A great map, my thanks and congratulations :goodjob:

My first experience of a 36 civ start, very tough but interesting game! And of course of all the 36 civs to choose from, I managed to get the only one with an isolated start
    Spoiler :
    Australia

And then when I finally do meet someone else, its a frikken warmonger that controls most of the region
    Spoiler :
    Sury

No chance of defeating him militarily. But I did eventually manage to snatch a space victory from his grasp.

The slow speed factor cannot be helped, it really is that big of a map. So the only complaint I have is that quests are now ridiculous. Build 36 libraries! Settle 40-odd landmasses! :eek:

Apart from that, I haven't enjoyed a map like this in a long time!

4. DodgyDave

DodgyDave Warlord

stjude1, i was about to write that as well and ask how it can be changed to like half that value, as i as china still in ancient times got a build 36 or so libries, but had only 18 cities, which i felt was many at that time :)

so hope it can be changed...

5. Schnookums

Schnookums Chieftain

Is there any way to put in a Canada civ? I would love to play this with all the members of the commonwealth.

6. C-Kompii

C-Kompii Chieftain

Any way I could get the clean version of the modern resource GEM? Haven't been able to find it anywhere, would be much appreciated! Thanks!

7. Jabarto

Jabarto Emperor

Here you go. I also stuck in the blank ancient-resources map for completion.

8. C-Kompii

C-Kompii Chieftain

Many thanks Jabarto!

I am having trouble patching with my BTS thus have not been able to enjoy the scenarios like many others here so this is much appreciated! Thanks!!! :D

Cheers