The Playground Mod: The Hall Monitors

I think his problem is that he is using the Prtscreen button, and since you can only have one saved at a time, and that the popups will come immediately after each other...

Meh.

Omega does. (he mentioned it earlier in his story)

Playground mod... Time to put on XTC Apple Venus CD no2!

Part 12: Silly Kids, Wonders are for n00bs!

Principal Omega was once again amongst the mountains, killing barbarian kids. Barbarian activity had sharply decreased since he had taken control of the school, and Omega was very proud of that fact. He was about to take a nice, loverly nap, when his radio came on.
Omega: "What now, Irene?"
Irene: "Remember the QUEST Program you started?"
Omega: "The what program?"
Irene: "The advanced program for the kids..... You signed the papers and everything....."
Omega: "Ummm..... Would those be the papers that were hastily signed without reading before I ran off to kill stuff?"
Irene: "Yes, that probably's it.... But anyways, Freak Attack's gotten most of their people into the program."
Omega: "What? We can't be having with that! Nuke them!!!!!!"
Irene: "...... What?"
Omega: "Nevermind. We'll deal with them later. How long would it take for our armies in the area to get there?"
Irene: "About 19 days."
Omega: "Get them moving."

Irene: "Oh, Omega, we have the ability to establish embassies with the kids. And since it doesn't look like we'll be wiping out all the groups anytime soon, how about we form some of those embassies."
Omega: "Fine. Send me any info that seems important."

*10 minutes later*

Irene: "Omega..... YOu have to see this...."

Omega: "169 TURNS? Has S gone mad?"
Irene: "That's not the worst. The Rebs capital will take 171 turns. In fact, only a few of he kid's groups aren't wasting time trying to build this."
Omega: "Wow..... Dat is pitiful...."
Irene: "Oh, and we've gotten a bunch of kids to help form us a spy agency."

Omega: "Yes!!!!!!"
Irene: "Oh, and we weren't able to get a picture, but the Girls have completed the Flower Mound."
Omega: "That wonder any good?"
Irene: "Actually, yes. It seems like its the only thing the kids have built so far that wasn't completely useless."
Omega: "Well, just let those kids build waste their time, while we actually build useful stuff."

Nice update! :)

May I ask, on the screen of SJ Forest, are the luxuries
  • Gameboys
  • Soda Cans - as the aluminum icon
  • Gunpowder icon as ... what? Sugar?
Thanks in advance, and keep it up! :yeah:

Part 13: Oh, Noes! Barbarians!

Coach Renfro was a happy Teacher. Most of the Staff was happy about the latest news, but she was the happiest. The Teacher's Union had finally been finished, and she had been given the honor of guarding it. She did think it was a bit strange that it had been built in the middle of the Gym, but she had learned not to question the new principal. And with the new Union built, more and more money was pouring into the Staff's treasury. Coach Renfro was so happy, she decided to celebrate by having her P.E. class run 5,000,000 laps around the school, or until they collapsed form exhaustion and died. The sound of dieing childrens was music to her ears....

But the celebrations were short lived. A new threat was coming from the darkest parts of the Playground's, one that could disrupt the Staff's plans forever....

Irene: "Omega! Come in Omega! This is urgent!"
Omega: "What now?"
Irene: "The kid's are starting to enter 3rd grade, and they've gone crazy! The barbarians are partying all over the Playground and the School!"
Omega: "So, exactly who's graduated into 3rd grade now?"
Irene: "Senso and Freak Attack are both already in 3rd grade, and everyone else is going to finish 2nd grade soon."
Omega: "Okay, I'll talk to S and Chris, and warn them that we won't appreciate anyone trying to mimic the Barbarians antics. Have all the Teacher's on alert, especially Coach Sheard, the Towers, and anyone else who's outside of the School. I'm going to continue moving along the mountains, securing the area from Barbarians."
Irene: "Yes sir."

*Southern Playground Entrance*

Tower Guard1: "So, we've got to watch out for large groups of Barbarians?"
Tower Guard2: "I doubt we'll see much. No ones been by here for a long, long time."
Tower Guard1: "Hey, what's that?"
Tower Guard2: "It looks like a bunch of..... Soccer players?"
As he spoke, a soccer ball hit him squarely in the chest, throwing him off the tower.
Tower Guard1: "WE'RE UNDER ATTACK! EVERYONE, TO YOUR GUNS!!!!"
Throughout the tower, Teacher's got on their machine guns, and opened fire on the charging horde. The nearby tower opened fire with as many MGs as they could, but the distance between them caused the second tower to only have a small effect on the horde. With all the guns focused on the advancing horde, the soccer players suffered many casualties, but there were still enough of them to reach the tower, and start hand-to-hand fighting inside. Parts of the tower were damaged, and some Teacher's were killed, but eventually, the soccer players were forced to retreat.
Unortunately, while the Toer had won a victory against the Barbarians, there were still many, many more left to kill....

Part 14: Disciplinary Action

*Memo From Principal Omegao to the Staff*

With the recent Barbarian uprisings, and the increasingly blatant opposal of Teacher rule from the groups, some of you are probably wondering if we can actually put an end to this horseplay. I have good news for you all. We have begun a process of smashing barbarian resistence wherever we find it, and already we have found success from this.

With these successes, we believe that we will soon put an end to the Barbarian threat, and restore some order to this chaotic school.
But no matter how hard we try, some chaos will remain, as shown by the recent hostilities between Char and Freak Attack.

To try and stop this foolish fight, we have declared war on Freak Attack, and will not stop until they give up their foolish fight with Char.

While I have recieved many complaints from those who think we should attack both Freak Attack and Char, please take into consideration the fact that there's no way we could possibly move our forces into Char territory, as we lack a navy or air force. And even if we could, none of our troops our positioned near Char territory, while we have a large force right on the Freak Attack border.

I am also pleased to announce that our spy program is underway. While most of our spys were caught, we still have some amongst the kids, and we hope that one day we will have spys in every group.

Good night, and good luck.

Nice. :goodjob:

Hmm, 4 out of 9 isn't bad. Normally I would get (from normal games) a 25% sucess rate approximatly.

Part 15: DIE, INFIDELS!!!!!!

*SJ Forest, Freak Attack's Capital City*

Emperor S and his second in commander, Alexander, both stand over a map of the Playground. Little flags and stuff like that show troop positions all over the Playground. S and Alexander are both in the standard black and gold uniforms of Freak Attack, as is all the other non-important-people-whom-I'm-to-lazy-to-give-names-to. In some strange twist of all logic and common sense, Alexander, the second in command, has a much more ornate and shiny uniform than his emperors.
S: "Staus report."
Alexander: "Char has driven all of our forces off of Octogonia. We have no navy to counterattack with, so the only reason to remain at war is to make Char's people unhappy."
S: "We can afford to keep this up for a few more days, until Alexi and I can agree on a favorable treaty. Until then, I won't see any of their envoys. Freak Attack never surrendures."
Alexander: "What of the Teachers? They say that they will not allow fighting amongst us."
S: "We've seen the Teacher's fight. They may be powerful, but their lack of mobility greatly weakens them. And they wouldn't dare set foot into this forest."
Alexander: "If you say so, sir...."
At this moment, a messanger runs in, franticly waving a piece of paper.
Messanger: "Emperor S! Outpost #5 has fallen to the Teachers!"
S: "What? That's practically right on our doorstep! What about the reserves we had for a counterattack?"
Messanger: "They've been wiped out! General Chen's trying to gather as many people as he can to retake the city, but the best he says he'll be able to do is hold off the Teacher's advance for a while!"
S: "This is not at all according to plan.... Start training boy agents! And I want workers to start building road systems to allow better movement for reinforcements!"
Another messenger comes into the room.
Messenger2: "Emperor! Teacher Informers have snuck into our territory, killed most of our workers, and are destroying the roads around the capital! And Outpost #19 and #15 have both fallen!"
S: "Curse you, Omega!!!!"

While S cursed him for being a bloody genius, Principal Omega was still wandering the mountains, huntind down Barbarians. But with his new laptop, which the School could easily afford now that its treasury had broken $20,000, allowed him to control his troop movements, and gather info much faster than with a radio. He was particularly pleased with the efficency the informers now had at cutting off Freak Attackian supply lines, and sabotaging their workforces. Back in his army days, Omega had been taught that weaponless workers should be captured, not killed. However, in light of the current situation, Omega had given his informers the right to decide for themselves whether or not the captured workers should live or die. He was getting surprisingly few slave workers because of that order....:mischief:
And then, a new message from Irene popped up on the screen. Apparently, the Girls had been the first to complete building the Toy Store. While it brought a warm glow to Omega's heart at the thought of how all that time and effort the other groups had put into trying to build it first had been wasted, he also realized that now Freak Attack would probably start using those resources to pump out military units. He had to finish this war fast.

To finish the war faster, he sent orders to the Teachers in the forest to divide into two groups, one to strike deeper into the Forest, the other to attack Freak Attack's outposts to the east. Results came much quicker than he had expected....

*Back at SJ Forest*

S: "This is getting worse and worse.... We have to end this. Send a message to Alexi. Tell him we're willing to end this war."
Alexander: "But what if he asks for terms of surrendure? Surrendure is against the Code of Freak Attack...."
S: "Forget the code! I don't want to end up with us wiped out just because of stubbornness."
Alexander: "Yes sir. I'll try to contact him. But with all the Teacher's everywhere, we'll be lucky if any messanger gets through...."
S: "We'll have to risk it."
Another Freak Attackian walks into the room. Everyone but S and Alexander salute him, even though many of those people are the same, or even higher rank than he is.
S: "Ah, Chen. What news from the front?"
Chen: "Nothing good. The United Forces have made an agreement with the Barbarians, so we'll have a bunch of Barbarians charging at us pretty soon."

S: "That's not good.... I'll take control of a force to defend the souther part of the forest. You try and hold the Teacher's back."
Chen: "I mean no disrespect sir, but we dont' have the manpower to have two fronts at once. And even if we did, I can't do anything to stop the Teachers. We've only been able to kill one, and that was only because he was wounded after killing 5 of our warriors. We can't win this war."
S: "I know.... But we just have to hold out until we can get a peace treaty with Char...."

*Back to the mountains*

Omega was thinking of taking a short nap after a long day of killing little childrens. But before he could go to sleepyland, he had to check troop movements. Everything looked good. Freak Attack Outpost #4 had fallen, and with iits fall, the QUEST Program was securly in Teacher hands. Plus, SJ Forest was almost completely surrounded. And then another message appeared on the screen, which put Omega in a very, very sad mood.

Without the war between Char and Freak Attack, the Staff had no good excuse to keep fighting. Omega decided it was finally time to give S a call....

S would forever remember, and fear Omega's last words before leaving the peace conference....

"Always remember that we could have killed you. SJ Forest is only a short distance away from most of the city's we captured. However, you still have some uses left for us...."

Hmm, I guess Office Max is now more useful than ever...

Actually, airports are probably the best improvement for the Staff in this game.... I now Office Max allows them to actually build a decent amount of units, but without airports, I wouldn't be able to move my troops to where I want them to go, and I'd just be sitting in the School, waiting to get those blimp things.... (They're only 127 turns away!:dance: :rolleyes: )

Ah.

But in 2.0, the teachers will get Jeeps that can carry 1 unit. So that would help as well.

Part 16: I'm Evil.:D

*Radio Conversation*

Omega: "Irene, what would be the best way to get Freak Attack and the UF to declare war on each other?"
Irene: "Probably giving one of the cities you got from Freak Attack to the UF. Why? Planning on going to war again?"
Omega: "No, I just want the UF to bring all its barbarian units out into the open where I can kill them. Hows about we give the UF Outpost #12? It's not really important...."
Irene: "Yes sir."

Omega: "Actually, I'm thinking we could give away some more stuff...."
Irene: "Sir?"
Omega: "Well, we could either continue like we are, stretching out our forces are far as they can go so we can defend a few nonproductive cities from barbarians recruited by the groups, or we can keep only the important cities, gift the rest to other groups, focus our armies on the important cities, and watch as Freak Attack declares war on everyone and gets killed."
Irene: "But what about our job to intervene in every war?"
Omega: "We'll kill every barbarian unit we see, which would decrease their fighting potential, so it'll count as intervention."
Irene: "So you're going to start a Playground-wide war simply because you want to shorten your lines?"
Omega: "Yup. Start giving away cities."

Top Bottom