• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some brown stains on a white wall where some chocolate milk decided to explode on me (long story). I tried using cleaner to get it off but all it did was make the brown stain spread around. How do I remove it?

Cave in the wall with a sledgehammer. Remove the wall, remove the stain.

I have some brown stains on a white wall where some chocolate milk decided to explode on me (long story). I tried using cleaner to get it off but all it did was make the brown stain spread around. How do I remove it?

With a lot more cleaner. A bucket of soapy water, sponge or rag, and just keep at it.

Is Jane Norton really for Colorado? Does the Senate need her voice and experience?

Also, why is google ads telling me this on CFC? I prefered the ads for North Korean holidays or Muslim singles.

After a couple of days you are not going to be able to clean an emulsion wall to look A1. There is a reason kitchen paint is twice the cost of normal paint. If the paint is newish go buy a can of policell stainblock. Take care to spray from the recommended distance and not to spray long enough on a single spot to make a drip. This will cause a "clean spot" on the wall if it is more than a year since it was painted. Also bad fumes. Leave the room, with a window open for a while.

Is Jane Norton really for Colorado? Does the Senate need her voice and experience?

Also, why is google ads telling me this on CFC? I prefered the ads for North Korean holidays or Muslim singles.
At least your singles ads are for straight singles. I don't think I've seen an ad in 'My Account' for weeks that didn't assume I was gay.

What is the name of those hard lumps you have on the side of your foot, where the leg joins the foot?

in rome there's this small church where you can can go down into excavations of two older churches it has been built upon.
(i think you cant actually go down to the second one, just look down on it)

what's it called?

Not if they have the intention of moving back in the next 10 years or so.

My window is frozen open. I don't have a hairdryer and I can't turn the heat on. How do I close it?

I have some brown stains on a white wall where some chocolate milk decided to explode on me (long story). How do I remove it?

Take care to spray from the recommended distance and not to spray long enough on a single spot to make a drip. This will cause a "clean spot" on the wall if it is more than a year since it was painted. Also bad fumes. Leave the room, with a window open for a while.

Time loop! :run:

What's the most common order of adjectives and nouns in Slavic languages? As in, do you say "I have a red book" or "I have a book red"? Or is it entirely language-dependent?

I'm asking because in Germanic languages, they are usually "adjective->noun" (like in English), whereas in Romance languages they are usually "noun->adjective".

Additional question: what about ordinal numerals? Do you say "I took the third prize" or "I took the prize third"?

From my limited knowledge of Russian, it should be "I have a red book" and "I took the third prize".

That's all right, I'm sure someone else will know for sure, thanks a lot. :) How is it in Estonian then? I'm just trying to get the jist of how it is in most European languages. I am aware that Estonian is Finno-Ugric :)p) but why not? Just curiosity at work here.

I'm asking because in Germanic languages, they are usually "adjective->noun" (like in English), whereas in Romance languages they are usually "noun->adjective".

It's not always like that in Catalan. Sometimes is adjective-noun and, where there is more than one adjective, it's always adjective-noun-adjective. Here some examples:

The red house -> the house red and sometimes the red house too (usually when you put emphasis on this characteristic, or when you want to deliberetly sound pedantic).

The old red house -> the old house red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom