• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The Release Sucks!!!!!!!

claudius888

Chieftain
That about says it all..... but, half-baked also comes to mind. Any half decently managed software company should at least be able to get a patch in place by the time the software hits the shelves.

WHERE'S MY PATCH!?!

...thanks, i worked on that one a long time. Anyway, at least i got some frustration out.

Maybe someday when the patch is released i'll be able to play this game.

They don't even have anything like the phrase "We are working on these issues" anywhere on their nearly nonexistant support page. As I've said before, they have until next Monday to keep my mighty Grant and four Washingtons.

I find the initial post quite eloquent and to the point....and he didnt even question anyone maternal parentage. This release and its non existant support is all to similar to releases that NEVER get fixed.

It will never be fixed. Sucker born every day. We are all suckers. They got us for 50+. Why should they care now. Gaming companies do not care anymore. The fix will be in the expansion pack where they rape you for more money. Whats that line from full metal jacket. I am sure Sid and the boys at firaxis live by this Moderator Action: Text deleted
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

There is a patch in the works, Firaxis has confirmed this. No they aren't going to say when it will be ready or what it will deal with.

You all sound like a bunch of whiny children. :rolleyes:

No just a pissed off consumer who bought something that he can only look at and not use. If thats being whiny, then yes I am being whiny.
As for them saying a patch is in the works. Of coarse it is. That like the check is in the mail.
Another question would be where did you hear about this so called patch that is in the works. The one that is not listed on any official website. Or did you read it here on the forums. This is a valid question, I am in no way attacking you. Unlike you attacking us for being upset at wasting our money to beta test someones product.

I wish that some of the reviews would take note of this horrid version of the game. maybe then Sid and the gang would get on the ball

rancor said:
I wish that some of the reviews would take note of this horrid version of the game. maybe then Sid and the gang would get on the ball

That is a good point. I read every review I could on this game. I saw no mention of any of this. I would never have bought it if I did. I guess if you pay a good sponsor fee you get good reviews. ;)

Willem said:
There is a patch in the works, Firaxis has confirmed this. No they aren't going to say when it will be ready or what it will deal with.

You all sound like a bunch of whiny children. :rolleyes:

There should not be the need for a patch thsi early.

It is a shoddy and poorly managed release.

And yes WILLEM I am whining ! I spent good well earned cash on this rubbish. In this day and age these things should not happen.

Well I am happy that w/ a 50 dollar purchase that I can atleat listen to this crappy music CD that came w/ my preorder:)

Willem, If we all spent the time writing over seventeen hundred posts about Civilization, we would probably be as harsh towards the game's critics as you are. Unfortunately, we don't have an incredible bias or blind faith in Sid or his games like you do.

His game is faulty.

The good news is that (TTWO) Take Two Interactives stock is down 15% so far today.......I am very excited about this!!!! The company has announced they expect sales to be alot lower then what they originally forecasted (wonder why?)......Maybe this will wake this joke of a company up

blue3c said:
No just a pissed off consumer who bought something that he can only look at and not use. If thats being whiny, then yes I am being whiny.
As for them saying a patch is in the works. Of coarse it is. That like the check is in the mail.
Another question would be where did you hear about this so called patch that is in the works. The one that is not listed on any official website. Or did you read it here on the forums. This is a valid question, I am in no way attacking you. Unlike you attacking us for being upset at wasting our money to beta test someones product.

This is from http://planetcivilization.gamespy.com/

Official Update from 2K Games on Civ4 Bug fix.

13:22 PST | NooM | Print News | Mail News
Since many people were having so many problems with Civilization IV, apparently incompability issues with some nVidia drivers as well as ATi cards and AMD processors; I contacted 2K Games and Firaxis regarding the issue, and it seems an update of sorts is coming tonight. Here's what Tom Bass of 2KGames officially says:

There will be an update to the CivIV.com website tonight that will offer
solutions to the most common errors that users have been experiencing.
2K Games and Firaxis have been working diligently to determine
workarounds for these issues, and working with our hardware partners to
determine the solutions. We have been monitoring Civ forums and have
been speaking with consumers, and thank everyone for the support and
information that has been provided.

I do want to clarify that the issues that have been reported are not
affecting all or even the majority of ATi cards or nVidia drivers. It is
our intention though that the game works on systems that fall within the
minimum system requirements, and thank users that are experiencing
issues for their patience.

Have to att that the citat Mwelling12 used are 5days old "Oct 27 2005" and are refeering to the simpel solution that already are posted on 2k's support page.

Mwelling12 said:
This is from http://planetcivilization.gamespy.com/

Official Update from 2K Games on Civ4 Bug fix.

13:22 PST | NooM | Print News | Mail News
Since many people were having so many problems with Civilization IV, apparently incompability issues with some nVidia drivers as well as ATi cards and AMD processors; I contacted 2K Games and Firaxis regarding the issue, and it seems an update of sorts is coming tonight. Here's what Tom Bass of 2KGames officially says:

There will be an update to the CivIV.com website tonight that will offer
solutions to the most common errors that users have been experiencing.
2K Games and Firaxis have been working diligently to determine
workarounds for these issues, and working with our hardware partners to
determine the solutions. We have been monitoring Civ forums and have
been speaking with consumers, and thank everyone for the support and
information that has been provided.

I do want to clarify that the issues that have been reported are not
affecting all or even the majority of ATi cards or nVidia drivers. It is
our intention though that the game works on systems that fall within the
minimum system requirements, and thank users that are experiencing
issues for their patience.

Why did you post this? This is old junk!!!!!! You had me believe there was a patch coming out tonight!!!!! I really should return this game:mad:

Top Bottom