1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Road to War - Ultimate Edition!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by Dale, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Dale

Dale Chieftain

You need to go through the python files related to the screen the name is shown, and change the text reference from the leadername to the country name similar to what I did for the scoreboard.

There's quite a few files which would need changing.

2. LoneTraveller

LoneTraveller Chieftain

3. Kleudde

Kleudde Chieftain

Is it me or this mod is too easy? Even when you change the difficulty in the beginning and put it higher I barely see any change in the difficulty... Is it normal? I even find it easier the more I put the difficulty since when I start the game I expect it to be more difficult so I play more carefully...
    Does anyone else noticed that?

4. PashaM

PashaM Chieftain

someone help me find the patch for this mod, the pack1

5. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

There is no patch - Ultimate Edition replaces all previous Addon patches for Road-to-War see www.daleszone.com for details

6. PashaM

PashaM Chieftain

ya, but the link above not working... :confused:

7. Austin_SJ

Austin_SJ Chieftain

Hey all,
    I tried to play as the uk using the retail verison but when I realised they had no oil, I thought I'd download the ultimate version. I'm just wondering what should I turn off and how do I do it before I start again? or should I just give it a go as it is?

8. Dale

Dale Chieftain

9. dwilliscp

dwilliscp Chieftain

Dale, thanks for the work. It is good that you can now sink ships..not allowed in Civ4. BTW why is there two copies of each version? Also have you created a 'how to modify' document?

10. DoubleRD77

DoubleRD77 Chieftain

Dale, do you have any intentions of working further with this mod? ^=======^

11. kiwitt

Dales has indicated he is now working on Colonization mods.

However, you are free to try my mini-mod, which requires UE. 1.1

12. DoubleRD77

DoubleRD77 Chieftain

I do not know how to do stuff like that. I am American, and I expect to have everything my way, when I want it, and for low prices. I want more more more and he should make the game for my needs. It is all about me and no one else. I want fast food, a big car thats burns lots of gas, and a big house. I want to make a lot of money, and I want it bigger and better everytime. Too bad, maybe when Civ 5 comes out he can do a great WW2 mod :) As long as Civ 5 is not a botched and buggy game like Empire: Total War ^======^

13. kiwitt

I actually think there are a lot of WW2 enthusiasts here @ civfantics and it could be "Joint" project" for Civ 5 and I would be a keen member of it.

If we all work hard on it, it could be included in an expansion pack, like Dales was.

RE: Empire:Total War - I agree. Like Medieval II:TW and Rome:TW it is not as good as Medieval:TW.

14. deanej

deanej Chieftain

15. Maaximillus

Maaximillus Vice Admiral

The original maker of mod Dale announced to stop modding this mod so it might be unlikely.

16. ltccone

ltccone Chieftain

I hope not. "Vanilla" RTW isn't that good.

17. kiwitt

As 3.19 makes some modifications to RTW and not wanting to support 2 versions of RTW, I will be forced to not using the "Ultimate Edition" in future versions of my mod.

18. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Does anyone know if UE has any DLL changes that the Firaxis version does not (as in, did Dale change the DLL between add-on pack 2 and UE?)? If not, I may take some time this summer to convert UE to 3.19. But I don't have the time necessary to do DLL updates.

19. os79

os79 Chieftain

Dl-ing for you. Will inform you if there is any .dll files in there.

Update: Yes, it does have dll file.

20. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I know it has a DLL, but is it different from the Firaxis version (other than the fact that one is 3.17 and the other is now 3.19)? Since UE is a full install, it would have a DLL file in the download even if it wasn't changed between versions (the one that comes with civ has a DLL too).