1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Rood and the Dragon - the Anglo-Saxon scenario

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Plotinus, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Sir Sam Vimes

Sir Sam Vimes Duke of Ankh

An ethical dilemma, alright...

2. T-mun

T-mun King Numa

I can't see the point here: these files were not taken down by their authors, they are unavailable because the hosting site shut down. Making them available again shouldn't be a problem, at least if the files are 100% identical to the originals and the credits are still there (no Mod's Mod).

3. Plotinus

Plotinus Philosopher Administrator

I'd guessed that my scenarios had probably suffered from the AtomicGamer shutdown, but not had a chance to check.

I will have a root around to see if I still have the latest versions somewhere (I've changed computers any number of times since finishing them!). If I do, I'll aim to reupload them. If I don't, I'd be very grateful for any "rescued" versions that members might have that could be uploaded instead.

My guess is that any other author whose mod has been lost would be happy to have it re-uploaded by someone who has it, but certainly check with the authors first. If they're happy for it to happen, or if they've disappeared and don't reply, I don't see why they shouldn't be re-uploaded. I can edit OPs to put in the new upload links if people let me know.

4. register

register Warlord

I have your files Plotinus and I will upload it later this weeks to our database. I was trying to do that earlier but this forum works very slowly for me recently.

Or I can send files to someone and that person will upload, no matter.

5. Sir Sam Vimes

That's fantastic!

6. register

register Warlord

Do you want to upload it yourself? I can you files I have even now...

7. Sir Sam Vimes

I can upload the game files but not the soundtrack. Does anyone have the soundtrack?
    Polinus, if you're interested, I have The Desert And The Mountain (including soundtrack) and I know it's working fine because I was playing it last night, so I could upload that if you like?

8. register

register Warlord

I don't know about soundtrack.

Here is the link to Plotinus mod https://www.dropbox.com/s/hi1vswhw4iqyitd/plotinus mod.zip?dl=0

Open it and unpack to a folder. In there you will find 8 files, rood.zip is a main file you have to unpack from to have access to the mod files. All files are split to volumes 20mb each, that's the biggest file size acceptable for upload to our database.

9. Plotinus

This sounds great. I'm downloading it now. Sam Vimes, if you're willing to do the Desert, that would be a great help.

10. register

register Warlord

Can one of you inform me whenever this mod will uploaded? I need to delete it from dropbox cause I need space for other files.

11. Sir Sam Vimes

12. Plotinus

register - I've got the files, so you should be able to delete them now. Thanks!

13. register

register Warlord

14. r16

r16 not deity

ı would expect Plotinus would have the soundtrack but as a last resort ı think ı had it downloaded somewhere even if without installing .

as for uploading out of the 6 scenarios Sir Sam Vimes mentions , ı have 3 if that last one is the LotM and they are a blast to play . They surely need to be up , somewhere .

edit : Sorry ı posted without reading page 43 . ı still think ı have the music to Rood somewhere . Also ı think this scenario had two versions and ı should have them both .

15. Sir Sam Vimes

Register - did you have the Rood soundtrack?

r16 - it's not LotM, looks like we have two different LOTR scenarios, both of which should probably be uploaded?

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

16. register

register Warlord

@Sir Sam Vimes - No, I don't I am afraid.

17. r16

r16 not deity

am a fan of the thing and would say all the scenarios should be uploaded . LotM is already back online , ı think ı have the War of the Ring as well in case anyone looking for it .

18. Node60

Node60 Warlord

I will not speak for all, I can only say for myself - the old mods are interesting, and very sorry that many of them are already not available.

19. Sir Sam Vimes

Agreed!

20. Blactartan

Blactartan Chieftain

Is this mod available for download somewhere? It looks extremely interesting to me. I'm not sure if there is a link to it that I may be overlooking.