• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The Sailors Dirge

Is the Sailors Dirge to powerful?

• Yes, it definitly needs to be toned down

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • No, its about right

Votes: 31 38.8%
  • No, in fact it should be made more dangerous

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • I have no opinion

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DieselBiscuit said:
That means they can't pillage either, right?

Thats actually a seperate value, but skeletons are also set to be unable to pillage.

Kael said:
Thats actually a seperate value, but skeletons are also set to be unable to pillage.

Ah, the bPillage tag. Ehrm... that was rather obvious :blush: I guess my notion comes from the fact that FFH has been fairly consistent in abilities common amongst units which share the same unitcombat type. Live and learn.

Dora190 said:
Yup I had something similar except it was turn 31, with 3 skeletons.

On the skeleton point is the combat calculating correctly? They seem to be winning even when they are outpointed. I had a hunter with +60% (melee and the +20 bonus) and first strike in forest, up a hill get completely creamed. It wasn't a one off for the skeletons either. Other strange examples that repeat include a first strike scout with +20% in similar terrian got cuffed by a wandering lion. Conversely the enemy orcs can't seem to fight their way out of a rice pudding. Any ideas?

In my expierence, it moves until it finds a player then annihilates them then goes to sleep. I think it should arrive disgorge then move on. every game I've played someone has died before turn 50, goto worldbuilder and you see the dirge sitting next to the ruins.

I agree. The sailor's dirge should be improved so that it doesn't camp out. It should come to shore, drop off a few skeletons, and move on to the next city. It should not dock outside a city and siege it for 100 turns, and it should not park in a barbarian city that happens to be near the shore.

Right now the sailor's dirge is a great idea that needs some refinement to make it better. I'm sure there are plenty of other features in the works that prevent the scripting for the dirge to be improved though. Only so much free time after all.

Top Bottom