The Science Thread

Karl Townsend

Prince
All Science Issues Needed To Be Disscussed Should be placed here

sry for the late writing ive been real bust with college due to recently changing corses

they decided to think it was good to give 7 assignments at once

Sailing - for the Great Lighthouse! major commerce bonus for all our coastal cities (which is all of 'em so far).

after that, well, we really need to be talking with innovia and aloha to see about getting some of these early techs we skipped. Why don't we authorize Koondrad to begin negotiations with both of 'em and hopefully we can have a deal before finishing the next tech.

Well Early Techs Can Be Quite a Draw Back i suggest we get all the BIG Early Techs out the way becasue we may have to trade more then just 1 tech for em

I thought Innovia said they where "close".

For Innovia's part we may be on the verge of a ground-breaking innovation that will allow us to share knowledge with other civilizations.

that was over 2 weeks ago. we may have already missed the boat.

yes that does give us a clue where there at at the mo

but they might have shot stirght too it
just to skip early techs

but what if teams where to denie them techs then there stagey would be ruined and look EXTREMLY weak

Knnowadgle is power
when they dont have any there not powerful

without the Alphabet ourselves, how can we tell if they have it or not?

right, that's what i'm saying. Well, i was wondering how you knew they did not have it when we can't see their available techs. Are you just assuming they don't have it cause they didn't offer a trade? I don't know that we ever replied to their email asking if we where open to tech trading.

well if one player has the alphabet they can start trading tech with other players but player wWITHOUT the alhapbet cant trade techs with the player who does

right. But, how do we know if they have the alphabet - without having the alphabet ourselves?

jeejeep - as of last turn they still didn't have it

this implied that their was a way to "know".

I was sure that if they had the alphabet we would be able to see it because tech trading would be allowed. That's what I've noticed in single player, but I don't have time to open up worldbuilder and check.

i checked it out in a single player game and you are correct; you can initiate trade techs with someone who has the Alphabet even if you do not.

thats a bit scwed up

I guess we should not be surprised that someone build the great lighthouse before us. Any "water" based wonders will be a high priority for ALL the teams on this map. We can still aim for the Colossus which requires tiles to be "worked" to benefit from it, but should still be worth more :gold: then the great lighthouse in the end.

so, i think we should seriously consider metal casting after monotheism.

well do we have any good tiles to work eg fish or clams?

we are already working both fish and clams. work boats come with the tech "fishing".

Lighthouses, coastal trade, and galleys come with "Sailing", which i still feel should be our next tech.

Who Votes For Sailing Raises your Hand

*Hand Raises

Karl, please copy the picture/link below into your original post. As a tech is researched you can updated it or create a different system of your choosing, since you are the Science adviser. Obviously, Items with a Red check are those we have researched. I suggest Iron Working next so that we can build the colossus before someone else.

Attachments

• tech tree for loco copy.JPG
    tech tree for loco copy.JPG
    353.7 KB · Views: 365
Top Bottom