The Shen Ling Accord

Agreed 40J.

What I meant by they had nothing to gain, was a territorial/city issue. It is much more profititable for them to ally with us to destroy their threat! Why would they rat us out, when they can remove the threat of GC?

Maybe I'm being too paranoid. I'm not sure. I just have a gut feeling that this is too ambitious at this time.

Now, if we were to go to them and tell them that Poly's server is apparently down, and thus they are operating sans forums, it couldn't hurt our relations.

And if we tell them that we want them to know that if either Poly or GC gets nasty with them, we're going to back them up 150%, and ask them for the same in return, I can't see that backfiring either.

My point is, I feel like a formal alliance is a scary thing at this point. The thought of it makes me feel a bit exposed, like we're putting a bullseye on our foreheads for both Poly and GC to shoot at. I just figure that word of a formal alliance will get around and we'd be foolish to sign up for one without considering the consequences of such action very carefully.

Having said all of that, I fully admit that it is quite possible that you are 100% right and a document like this is the best way to go, and if the rest of the citizenry agrees, then I'll just have to come to terms with my paranoia.

I know what you mean 40J. Remember when everyone was calling me paranoid ;)! I do! Anyways, I will talk to MicNair, CDG's ambassador to us. He was very receptive last time when I talked to him for about 2 minutes. He talked about our long and prosperous future toghther! Now, I dont want them to think that we will back them up in case of war with Poly! We dont want to fight Poly anytime soon. I will find out, about their relation with GC though.

On a side note, check out my office on the new forums. Great info on the whole situation.

Because, we can assume that Elucidia has more to gain from a war with GC. We can assume that GC's territories are closer to Elucidia which means that for Elucidia GC's land is worth more. And we can extrapulate from our conversations with Ken that they fear GC and Poly are out to get them, which means that this war will take away one potential enemy for them.

Just be careful before discussing war - CDG may actually be allied with GC, and this could just be backstabbing
maybe.......any possibility we could do that to them? :satan: (the military advisor says we have a strong army compared to them???)

Top Bottom