The States in Flames: it's Crimson Skies!

1) Nah, you get something better thn windows' un-usable zip-thingy
2) I'm not the one who came up with the idea. www.crimsonskiesuniverse.com
That does have the Russians fighting in Alaska, Japanese & British in Hawaii, French supporting Louisiana, and The Protectorate of Ontario is exactly that: a British Protectorate. But when (not if ;)) I come back to this, I'll make python codes that will help (and fight) various civs with reinforcements of money, troops & techs.

1) Nah, you get something better thn windows' un-usable zip-thingy
2) I'm not the one who came up with the idea. www.crimsonskiesuniverse.com
That does have the Russians fighting in Alaska, Japanese & British in Hawaii, French supporting Louisiana, and The Protectorate of Ontario is exactly that: a British Protectorate. But when (not if ;)) I come back to this, I'll make python codes that will help (and fight) various civs with reinforcements of money, troops & techs.

So you ARE gonna get back to this eventually?! Sweet!!!

I was wondering if anyone has found a solution to the CTD problem that many people seem to have? I really want to play this scenario and I'm sure there are others that feel the same.

In fact... I've been doing a BtS version :D

Thing is, I need to make the Airships move like the gunship, except that it can move over oceans as well. I'd also like them to be able to occupy the same plot as any infantry, and be able to bombard other Airships. Can anyone forward me to any modcomp that allows units to be "amphibious". I think I can resolve the land unit issue by adding a +1000% vs land units and only defensive for all zeps.

The idea of this scenario is pretty incredible and i think ur doing a great job:) will this mod once complete be for warlords too?

In fact... I've been doing a BtS version :D

Thing is, I need to make the Airships move like the gunship, except that it can move over oceans as well. I'd also like them to be able to occupy the same plot as any infantry, and be able to bombard other Airships. Can anyone forward me to any modcomp that allows units to be "amphibious". I think I can resolve the land unit issue by adding a +1000% vs land units and only defensive for all zeps.

In that case any stack of troops could be protected by stacking with a zeppelin. Land units wouldn't be able to attack the stack without attacking the zeppelin first.

Dammit, that's true...

What about using python, and giving the zep a -1099% (to counter the +1000% and to take the rest of it's strength away) vs land units promotion if there's another unit in the square, or the zep is in a city, and remove it if it's alone oustide a city? That could work. Of course you can still anchor your zeps and create impregnable walls...

Paasky,
Okay one final plea here, because I truly don't understand what's going on:

With winrar I download at get two folders and a .txt file.

Question 1: Your original post (and subsequent) say to extract the "Mods" folder into the "c:\program files\...\warlords" folder, which you say will add the embedded "Crimson Skies" folder to the already existing "c:\program files\...\warlords\Mods" folder. Is there some drawback to directly extracting the "Crimson Skies" folder directly into "c:\program files\....\warlords\Mods" folder?

Question 2: Are we to also extract the "Saves" folder directly into the "c:\program files\...warlords" folder? There is no existing "c:\program files\....warlords\Saves" folder, so this seems to run contrary to the Civ4 file alocation system.

Question 3: The really confusing part is that you state in the "README.txt" file I download that BOTH folders should be saved in the c:\Documents and Settings\...\My Games\Warlords" folder. Which is it? Or do you mean to say it should be save in both locations?

Here's the reason I ask these questions:

I've done it every which way, and if I save it only in the "c:\program files\...\warlords" folder, it crashes everytime I try to load the mod. If I save it in the "c:\Documents and Settings\...My Games\Warlords" folder, I can load the mod, and it even recognizes that the Scenario "Crimson Skies" exists, but when I choose it it says "cannot read worldbuildersave file "c:\Documents and Settings\....\publicmaps\crimson skies.civ4warlordswbsave"

I would LOVE to play this game and give you some feedback on gameplay, but I can't think of any way to get this thing to work! I've spent 2 plus hours now, so I can attest that I am committed, just throw me a bone here.

Thanks!

That version is basically just a few new units, but otherwise defaultciv with a new map, without any improvements or units at all. Also it has random crashes here & there, so I wouldn't really suggest you even try it :p

Once I get the mod running (which requires about an hour of fixing) I'll give some insight on what units, techs & buildings I'll include.

Now, I have a few questions which I'd like brainstorming on: Corporations, religions & civics.

I'll have 2 different maps: One with the world from Siberia to Australia to Capetown to Norway, with America in the center. Another is of the Continental US.

even though it did crash, and it needs a lot of work the concept of the mod in the preview still seems pretty cool, i can't wait for the full the version.:D

I've been working on some 3d-models from the original CS boardgame:

No textures yet, which will be the hardest part, seeing that I really suck at it :p

Still to do are 4 planes and 5 zeppelins. Prob one or two Armoured Cars as well.

Some ingame shots:

Empire State

Texas

The Ununited States

Civlist

I'm almost ready for the first release. It will be a bugfixing game, the complete version will have python, new events, and some new kind of gameplay for the 4 pirate civs (which don't do much atm).

Long time, no update.

I've done most of the XML, still to do are finalizing the religions and corporations. Then add various new events which I'll have to dream up at some point. Then there's the reinforcements-python from the European powers, and finally unit & building graphics. I've modeled all the aircraft I'll need, and some land units too. Still to do are a few Zeppelins and texturing everything.

That said, it'll be some time for the release, depending entirely on how much I do. But I can tell you this: it's not just civ on a new map, the style of play you need is a bit different ;)

Sooo....it's been almost 2 months since your last update...what's goin on? Everything going alright? I REALLY want to play lol

Thanks for reminding me :)

I have had a beta version ready to upload for a long time now. Note that this has no new graphics, no extra python scripts, or much testing past the first 30 or so turns. But it doesn't CTD, and I've had some fun with it.

New concepts:
- Airships can go over land, water, and mountains.
- All light aircraft can destroy units (this is so that they can destroy airships), the medium & heavy bombers are best used against large stacks & cities.
- Civ3 artillery is back! Same goes for the airships.
- There are a few large Barbarian armies, these are supposed to be the remnants of the Federal Army.

Download here: http://koti.mbnet.fi/peksoft/cs/cs_beta1.rar (1.5mb)

Extract into ...\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Yes, that's weird... Has BtS had a new patch at some point? As it works for me :confused:

EDIT: Be sure to play the 1932 scenario, I accidentally included the old scenario file (Americas).
EDIT2: Yes it has, I've still got v3.03, I'll update into v3.13 and fix it :blush:

Yes, that's weird... Has BtS had a new patch at some point? As it works for me :confused:

EDIT: Be sure to play the 1932 scenario, I accidentally included the old scenario file (Americas).
EDIT2: Yes it has, I've still got v3.03, I'll update into v3.13 and fix it :blush:

Yeah, I'm running 3.13, that's hopefully the problem.
Thanks for the speedy reply.

Top Bottom