[TOT] The Test Of Time Patch Project

I also would find ToT/PP compatible CivCity and CivTweak to be very useful. Also, if you are reinventing the Civ Map editor (or Mercator's MapEdit, even better), please include the ability to brush on terrain improvements like irrigation and roads. Having just finished a map for my Operation Seelowe scenario, I can attest to the tediousness of the process.

Techumseh,

ToTPP allows you to quickly add/remove terrain and improvements (irrigation, roads etc...) with hotkeys. A lot quicker than using the cheat menu. I don't have access to the launcher just now to check, but I think its something like CCtrl+R or Ctrl+Numbers for terrain. You can also add and remove rivers with these hotkeys.

If I have completely misunderstood what you're talking about I apologise.

Would it be possible to have a function that records gameplay as a script that could then be used to play the game automatically if you re-started the turn? My reason for this suggestion would be to implement a rudimentary form of simultaneous play for PBEMs.

Everyone would start from a saved game and skip all other player turns until their own. They would then record their own actions and send the script to a player, who would run all the scripts and produce a saved game for the next round. Obviously, there would have to be a way to deal with invalidated actions and so forth, but if this idea is relatively easy to implement, it may be useful for speeding up PBEMs and might be worth further discussion.

First of all, a huge thank you for everything you've done. Finding this thread was a huge, huge, huge reason I reinstalled civ. You've literally made this a brand new game.

I would love to oblige by Curts request, but I can't help asking a question... Is it even possible for a combat to conclude without one unit being destroyed? If possible, that would be a true game changer.

Sorry Curt I had to!

Its physically impossible, Curt. TNO said it would require a complete rewrite of the entire game, and that is pretty much beyond his skill levels, iirc.

Sowwy :(

If ToTPP ran on Android tablets, it would be perfect as is. I mean more civs would be great but realistically with high number of cities on a huge map, can work fine with seven civs if barbarians can be equal civs or stronger.

On a giant map, you might have 700 cities with complete terraforming. More civs just means knocking over weak ones and consolidating power as happens in Civ 3. ToTPP cuts to the chase in a prebuilt scenario where the lion's share of cities have been established.

I never used it, Curt. What was I missing out on?

It allowed you to quickly go through the entire list of cities in a scenario, and assign improvements, trade-routes and city coastal abilities.
Saving a ton of time and laborious nonsense. There was also CIV-TWEAK, allowing you to enforce city styles and barbarian governments, etc.

Making a scenario without these tools is like trying to do home improvement with lego.

I'm about to enter that point in building Over the Reich right now! Yes, that would be a great tool indeed!

After playing and modding for a while, I've encountered two main bugs, an app crash, and a settings reset during very long games. I do not remember if you have encountered these before or not.

The app crash happened when I was trying to make a single map spinoff mod of a multi map mod, within the first few turns the game would always crash no matter what I did to try to aleviate the issue.

The Second one might be related to that tech paradigm initializaiton thing; during very long games, all scenario settings would seem to reset to zero or default. In games that prohibit government switching, this is indicated by a spy report saying someone overthrew their government when they shouldn't have.

A similar thing happens when creating, saving and reloading new games started the standard way. Setting custom tech paradigms in rules.txt for a mod does't seem to affect world/game generation either, as it will show up as default 10/10 when accessing the scenario editor in 4000 bc.

Attachments

• crashProne.7z
    1.8 MB · Views: 106
  • govtOverthrown.7z
    1.4 MB · Views: 143
After playing and modding for a while, I've encountered two main bugs, an app crash, and a settings reset during very long games. I do not remember if you have encountered these before or not.

The app crash happened when I was trying to make a single map spinoff mod of a multi map mod, within the first few turns the game would always crash no matter what I did to try to aleviate the issue.

You have some rogue engineers building transporters to nonexistent maps, and the game crashes when these complete their work. You can verify this in the Lua console:

Code:
> for unit in civ.iterateUnits() do if unit.type.id == 1 and unit.order == 11 then print(unit) end end
Unit<type="Engineers", owner=1, damage=0, moveSpent=6, x=144, y=42, z=0>
Unit<type="Engineers", owner=2, damage=0, moveSpent=6, x=200, y=66, z=0>
Unit<type="Engineers", owner=2, damage=0, moveSpent=6, x=202, y=54, z=0>
Unit<type="Engineers", owner=1, damage=0, moveSpent=6, x=147, y=57, z=0>
Unit<type="Engineers", owner=2, damage=0, moveSpent=6, x=204, y=54, z=0>
Unit<type="Engineers", owner=3, damage=0, moveSpent=6, x=47, y=79, z=0>
Unit<type="Engineers", owner=1, damage=0, moveSpent=6, x=148, y=34, z=0>
Unit<type="Engineers", owner=2, damage=0, moveSpent=6, x=214, y=74, z=0>

This is caused by engineers (still) having transport-building capabilities:

Code:
> civ.getUnitType(1).buildTransport

It is easily fixed by setting this to zero, and setting the units to idle:

Code:
> civ.getUnitType(1).buildTransport = 0
> for unit in civ.iterateUnits() do if unit.type.id == 1 and unit.order == 11 then unit.order = -1 end end

I'll take a look at the other issue later.

Another bug you may or may not be aware of is that units which can navigate rivers are also invisible. Further, they can't use "go to" commands while on rivers.

I have this working in wine, but there's no music. Is there a way to make that work?

Hi TNO,

I'm trying to avoid posting any requests for the time being while you work on your current projects but I thought this one was worth mentioning.

Looking at the following thread for CIV II MGE User Interface by FoxAhead, I see he's been working on a similar type of project for MGE. There's one feature in particular which is lacking in ToT which I believe would be extremely useful to have in ToTPP and that's item #2; Scrollbar was added to Activate Unit popup dialog with more than 9 units in stack. I can't say how extremely convenient it would have been to have this feature while playing McMonkey's Korean War Redux scenario.

If you could consider adding this to your list of possible future enhancements, I think it would be very beneficial to have.

Last edited:
Top Bottom