The title below the username?

GuitarHero

Caligula II
How do I change the little title below my username? What are they even Freaking called?:mad: :confused:

Thank you! Thank you both so much!!!!:) :D :worship: :woohoo: :thanx:

Wow, a couple of moderators didn't know the "exact" answer to that question when I asked it back in July. Still not at 30 even after that much time. Guess I should spend more time posting (or breaking long posts into several posts) and less time playing, not! ;)

Or maybe I should notch up another post now. :D

Right! It turned out to be 31 posts before I could change the 'Custom User Title'. Either I didn't log out all windows before logging back in or perhaps it took 30 minutes for the website to update my permissions. At any rate it works! :king:

30 posts, 30 days..

Related question: has Thunderfall ever given any thought to making new ranks for higher postcounts? Right now it caps at 2,000 with "deity," yet we have quite a few people running around with well over 2,000 posts. I was thinking maybe two new titles at 5,000 and 10,000... however this is likely not going to be well-received. :mischief:

Right! It turned out to be 31 posts before I could change the 'Custom User Title'. Either I didn't log out all windows before logging back in or perhaps it took 30 minutes for the website to update my permissions. At any rate it works! :king:

It technically is 30 posts, but since the server takes about an hour (IIRC) to "recognize" that you have that many posts, it isn't automatic. Thus, you were able to get to 31 posts.

Related question: has Thunderfall ever given any thought to making new ranks for higher postcounts? Right now it caps at 2,000 with "deity," yet we have quite a few people running around with well over 2,000 posts. I was thinking maybe two new titles at 5,000 and 10,000... however this is likely not going to be well-received. :mischief:

I say just adopt Apolyton's system for people without custom-titles:

-Settler 1-30
-Chieftain 31-100
-Warlord 101-300
-Prince 301-1000
-King 1001-3000
-Emperor 3001-10000
-Deity 10001+

We don't have custom titles for regular users (custom titles are reserved for lifetime Plus members and staff members) so many people take pride in thier title. We had talks of adding a title or at 30,000 or giving custom titles to people with 30,000 although the only 2 people with more than 30,000 have custom titles and 3 of the next 5 top posters are staff members.

Didn't TF just change the posts per title, or title, a couple years ago? I seem to recall the discussion in regards to making the titles [civ4] related.

I don't remember if it actually happened, though; a lot of us old folks lamented the potential loss of nostalgic happiness.

This has been discussed several times before over the years, but since I cannot understand why anyone wouldn't prefer a custom title, I pretty much ignored those threads.

Yeah,
3,000 posts = Spammer
5,000 posts = "What is reality?"
10,000 posts = Elite Post Crew Member
20,000 posts = Perfection:mwaha:

Top Bottom