1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Tribal Elders of Delphi

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by mrkingkong, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Gurra09

Gurra09 Guru of Hekkia

As a courtesy to Stathis, along with the fact that we cannot act on these orders until the Minister of Trade and Provincial Affairs have presented his aswell, we the Chief Ministers would like to extend the voting period for these acts to end at the latest 24 hours after Stathis has presented orders in regards to trade and provincial affairs.

Also, the Neo-Dualist Party votes Yes on the five acts already presented.

2. Wyverncraft

Wyverncraft ¡Viva la Revolución!

Stathis votes Yes on the five acts presented.

3. Gurra09

Gurra09 Guru of Hekkia

The Neo-Dualist Party votes Yes on the Provincial Trade Act and Provincial Unification Act.

((OOC comment: How exactly is the second act going to work from a gameplay point of view? Are the city-states to be seen as self-governing cities of the kingdom?

As for point 1, how do we even identify their neighbourhoods when we don't have access to their city screen? And what orders are the city-states even going to follow for point 3, considering we as a player of Civ5 have no actual power over city-states?))

4. Wyverncraft

((Well, the act was from a proposal/conversation to/with Melda, whom I assume is a strong enough wizard to work it out (he did manage to make Apollonia a separate city-state.)))

5. Melda

Melda Wannabe Psephologist

I have ways and means. :)

Obviously there will be limits as to what orders can realistically be placed upon them, same as with existing self-governing territories already within the kingdom.

While they're allied with us they will be (more or less) like puppeted cities. Albeit with more autonomy (and the possibility of secession).

So: looks like I have some orders to work with now. Nothing else that needs to be proposed before I go ahead?

Edit: Also the interpretation I'm using for the provinces is one seat (two for priests) per eligible neighbourhood given that they're effectively self-governing cities. That's the intent, yes? You didn't intend for them to have capital voting rights that I didn't realise?

6. Wyverncraft

7. Wyverncraft

I vote yes on everything I proposed ((Gurra reminded me of this trade rout)).

8. Gurra09

Gurra09 Guru of Hekkia

The Neo-Dualists vote Yes on the amended Provincial Trade Act.

9. Melda

The flag of the Kingdom of Delphi is now half a century old:

Some people have been pointing out that because the provinces are valued parts of the kingdom they should be reflected in the flag:

Yet others believe the flag should also reflect the new Dutch conquest:

Does the Synedrion want to adopt either of these suggestions?

10. Gurra09

Gurra09 Guru of Hekkia

We the Chief Ministers believe the current flag should be kept, but rather have its official meaning repurposed. Instead of the stripes each representing a city in the Kingdom, we propose the blue stripes should stand for our countries and regions: Delphi, Siam, the Delphian Netherlands, and the autonomous provinces; and the white stripes stand for the three pillars that uphold this Kingdom: the Basileus, the Law, and the Hellenic faith.

11. Gurra09

Gurra09 Guru of Hekkia

Ever since the attempted coup d'etat we in the Neo-Dualist Party have been of the firm opinion that the Delphian Council is outdated and should be disbanded. We the Chief Ministers therefore present the following act:

*refers to the Monarchy social policy adopted forty years ago.

We have also been informed that the Polish would be interested in a trade agreement with us, and present the following act to the Synedrion:

The Neo-Dualist Party votes Yes on these two acts.

((OOC comment on the Luxury Trade Act: Casimir says no if you propose Salt and Crabs for 10 gpt, but he accepts two separate deals for 5 gpt each.))

12. Wyverncraft

I vote Yes on the Luxery Trade Act
    I vote Nay on the Delphian Council Dissolution Act

13. Gurra09

Gurra09 Guru of Hekkia

According to the Synedrion archives you already voted Yes on these acts yesterday? (it's on this same page):

Construction and Military Trainign Act
    War Orders Act
    City Neighbourhoods Act
    Worker Orders Act
    Research and Exploration Act

14. Wyverncraft

I have edited my previous statement. I did not realise that I had previously voted on those acts. The new acts' votes are still valid though.

15. Melda

So everything after 'COMPLETELY DISREGARD THE FOLLOWING I HAVE MADE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE' can be disregarded?

16. Wyverncraft

That is correct.

17. Melda

Okay, aiming to have a more substantial update by this time tomorrow, but for now here are the neighbourhood maps for the provinces.

Spoiler :

18. Melda

Almost have the electoral results for the provinces (as a preview: one province has five seats, the other three). Taking longer than expected to calculate.

19. MiguelBazil

MiguelBazil The "Always Late" One

I haven't forgotten this, I've just been way too busy. Back from Paris 2 weeks ago, but now i'm taking care of the project and leaving the company at the end of the month, so chaos... I'll try to read some updates this week.

20. Melda

No hurry, take your time. :)

The year's currently 210 (although will probably be 220 by the time you catch up), so I would assume King Bazil will have died, along with possibly Kirillos (I haven't actually done the maths; just guessing).

I'm also wondering if Gurra's Queen Mother might be getting close to kicking the bucket, too, as I think she must be quite ancient by now (again, haven't done the maths so . . . :p).