1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Triumph(?) of the Boers: Yet another AoI Story.

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Stories & Tales' started by DJ Bonebraker, Nov 19, 2008.

1. DJ Bonebraker

DJ Bonebraker a.k.a Laura

Probably Germany, since they're the 3rd or 4th largest nation in the world and are mad ad me... Need to take them out before they can screw me over on the League of Nations Vote.... Only a matter of time before SOMEONE builds it!

...Although New Granada is starting to collapse, and it would be nice to expand my base of operations in South America and unify Madagascar....

2. TheOverseer714

TheOverseer714 Overseer

Your empire is strong enough to take on a small war and a big one at the same time.

3. DJ Bonebraker

...Well, all my Mediterranean Task Force ships are currently about 2 turns from Crete.... If I can't reduce the defenders by shelling to the point where my (very) limited number of Naval Infantry can take them out, then I'm just going to blockade EVERY tile they own so that their city gets starved to size 4 and all but 4 or so of their units are force-disbanded because they're only making 3 Gold per turn. :evil:

I like to take care of things one at a time... That and I need to rebuild somewhat from my losses (I was losing troops slightly faster than I could replace them at the front during the war with France), and shuffle them around so that I can effectively defend Scandinavia and Denmark while I'm hammering Germany from the Nederlands, Lorraine, Byzantium and Anatolia (might even use my massive Pacific Fleet to take out the German outposts in Eastern Siberia, while I'm at it... I'll give them back to Russia, since the Russians are friendly with me and I plan on keeping all the former Russian territories in the West. ;)

4. DJ Bonebraker

Well, a little teaser: My next theater of war is NOT in South America OR in Europe, and I had NO part in making that decision... The nation that was stupid enough to start that fracas is going to be learning a hard lesson they won't soon forget, that's for sure!

5. Anossa

Anossa Chieftain

Hmmm America has the power to challenge you for awhile I think and I don't remember their standing to you so it could be them, but my bets on Japan.

6. Tani Coyote

Tani Coyote Billions and Billions

Bravo Hikaro! :goodjob: From now on, only the Americans shall fly the blue flag! And fortunately for them, they've followed the "British strategy" of taking over a whole island - a HUGE one at that - and then transforming it into a fortress...

I must say, Spain and Osterreich are quite ugly blotches on an otherwise beautiful proto-EU... Germans once united those two states under one banner, and it may fall to the Afrikaaners to do it again. ;)

But before we get to any theoretical recreation of the Habsburg Empire, I wish you luck on defeating your unknown foes! Until their identity is revealed, I shall christen them the...

Anti-Federalists! :lol: I'm looking forward to seeing them squirm on the stakes of the Republic. ;)

7. Auralia

Auralia Sand cockroach

Excellent work, honourable Field Marshal. I look forward to your next grand move to unite the world under a single flag.

I myself have finally been able to get a copy of C3C, and have dl'd AoI. I shall begin a game as Hispaniola. I'm looking forward to the challenge of it all. ;)

8. Anossa

Anossa Chieftain

Hikaro do you plan on continuing this story any farther or perhaps restarting it in v4? I really hope for either, since this is such a great story and playthrough

9. DJ Bonebraker

I'm planning on continuing it, but first, may I ask you if the term "Finals Week" means anything to you?

I'm trying to get my last minute school projects/studying done, and soon the Semester from Helltm will be over....

10. Civ Khan

Civ Khan Rarest Lurker

I'm so happy I don't have to deal with finals just yet. I look forward for the continuation, Hikaro.

11. IvanDolvich2

IvanDolvich2 Order of Lenin

Wow! Hirako! What a great story. I started reading this two weeks ago and just finished. Very inspirational read. It definitely has me hooked on AOI. I've got 4.0 running and am in the process of taking down my last two opponents on South America as the USA. Huge Artillery Barrages are definitely the way to go.

I'm looking forward to the completion of your epic Boer journey, then following along on your Scandinavian quest to restore Viking Glory.

Thanks again for a great read.:goodjob:

12. manofwar

manofwar Chieftain

Old Dec 08, 2009, 06:55 PM , semester over
    going to give us some updates?:eek:

13. Arexander

Arexander Trucker

I really hope so as my school's out and I want something to read. :p

But I can't read it in two (or more) weeks as I'm going to Sweden next week. But it will always be fun to read after the trip. ;)

14. JRush18

JRush18 Chieftain

I agree. Update plz, sir.

15. DJ Bonebraker

I'll update it when I get done with my Switzerland MeM story, which I need to update sometime... I've got trip to Phoenix this weekend coming up that I need to get around for, though....

16. IvanDolvich2

IvanDolvich2 Order of Lenin

Looking forward to it. Glad to see you are still around and kicking. Enjoy your summer.:D

17. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

ohh This is good news :D

18. superbounce7

superbounce7 Augustus

Great to hear your going to update this! This is the best story ive heard in these forums! Who'd of thought that the 3 city civ in south africa would destroy the British.;)

19. Sparthage

Sparthage Fighting Tyranny

This is a story that I was following before joining CFC. Glad to see that it's going to be updated.

20. BuckyRea

BuckyRea Boldly Going

Add me to the patiently waiting fan category, too. Just read the whole schmere from the 1890s to now, today. I'm hooked, even if this whole think smacks of the Draken books by SM Stirling.

Did I mess Hikaro's announcement whether it was Japan or the US that attacked him after he just finished off Britain and France in rapid succession? My money's on the Americans. That Teddy Roosevelt's always spoilin' for a bruising.