1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny - HoI2 AAR

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by SuperBeaverInc., Jun 11, 2009.

1. Bratmon

Bratmon Super Bratmon 3

You could just change those colors :mischief:

2. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

The Indian forces don't appear the be that numerous; if China or Japan made a concentrated
    attack, I think India would be in trouble.

3. plarq

plarq Crazy forever

Nice concept, could you give me your scenario file so I can play-test it? Thank you in advance, SuperBeaverInc!

4. Serutan

There's already a link in this thread.

5. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

Update?

6. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

Update IX - January 1, 1940 - July 1, 1940

Russia does me, and all of us a favour, as they eliminate the Transural Republic from the game. And so now, the long line running between Japan and Russia in the middle of Siberia isn't the same colour, and I don't have to bother drawing a big thick black line across the map. And so, I thank you Russia, now have fun with your new border with Japan and China.

And one more country gets knocked out. This time its Angola. After surviving a ridiculous amount of time considering the fact that they've almost been eliminated half a dozen times already. This leaves Gabon as the last African country in mainland Africa, along with the giant pink blob.

Europe continues to be coloured blue, as French armies march across the continent. They have kicked the last Russian forces out of Crimea, and continue to push into eastern Ukraine, having reached the border of what was Russia at the start of the game. In Poland, the French are making advances, though much more slowly. The French have also crossed through the Aland Islands and into southern Finland, taking Helsinki. In the Middle East, British lines have been broken and the French are running rampant across Iraq and Jordan. In more bad news for the British, their invasion of Iberia has been repulsed, though they still hold onto Gibraltar.

In Asia, Japan has landed in Burma, getting behind Indian lines, and leaving India wide open to them. Japan has appeared to have made minimal gains, if any, against China. Japan has been making numerous landings in Japan, and this current one appears to be a strong one. If they can reinforce it, they might actually succeed this time. India has lost Turkmenistan to Britain, and with British forces being cut off in the Middle East by France, India might soon have to face concentrated British forces, followed by French forces. India has advanced some against Russia, moving along the Caspian coast. After Russia took the Transural lands and all that Siberia land, India and China have been taking the undefended areas.

Just two left on mainland Africa, Gabon and Britain. Gabon and Britain went and signed a peace treaty, so Gabon now controls lands they have annexed, instead of occupied British. Meaning of course that I have to force them to go back to war. Everyone is doing that, so its really quite annoying.

Finally, South America. As expected, the US continues to advance, though its a bit slow because of distance and jungle.

Finally, armed forces. Yeah, the US has been busy on the naval front.

7. Bratmon

Bratmon Super Bratmon 3

Could you spoiler your screenshot of SE Asia + Africa? It causes the post to expand so I can't see a whole line at once.

8. Serutan

Hmmm... According to those numbers Russia ought to be able to hold off the French - unless there's
    a large tech difference. Oh, never mind - just checked the air force #s.

9. Serutan

I'm playing this as Russia. It's strange to be Russia and start off short of resources (especially rares) and IC. Snarfing up Belorus, Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbejan, and Transural helped fix that, even though IC is still short of the other majors. France and Germany seem to stalemated at the moment,
    and since Germany declared war on me earlier, I'm leaving Poland, the Baltic States and Romania
    strictly alone for the moment. Kazakhstan is next on the menu (currently December 1936).

10. steviejay

steviejay Now in Black and White!!

Normally I'd just point at the USA's manpower and say it's over but do we think that the US would be able to invade somewhere like mainland Europe or Asia?

11. Serutan

If they get a beachead established in Africa, then it's likely over. Your guess is as good as mine
    as to whether that actually happens or not.

12. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

Do you mean in China?

13. mythmonster2

mythmonster2 BEC NOIR! RUN!

No, I'm pretty sure he meant in Japan. Can't you see all the splotches of yellow in Japan?

14. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

Yes, that's because Japan's color is that shade of yellow.

15. mythmonster2

[/sarcasm] ;)

vcl

16. Karmic Knight

Karmic Knight Neurotic To the Bone

Burma, I think.

17. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

18. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

Update X - July 1, 1940 - January 1, 1941

France continues to dominate mainland Europe. They have broken through the Russian lines and are quickly spreading across southern Russia, and are even now beginning to threaten Moscow. In Finland, the French continue to advance against Russian forces, but haven't made as large gains as those in the south. In the Middle East, the British are in full retreat, as the French have taken the Suez and are advancing down the Nile. The Indians are now advancing into European Russia, and now have a border with the French. And the British still continue to hold on to Gibraltar.

The Japanese offensive in China appears to have ground to a halt, as they have not made any significant gains in a year, and have even lost a few provinces to China. The Japanese advance in Burma has been beaten back by the Indians, though the Japanese have made a landing on the western coast of India. Australia has managed to prevent the Japanese from overrunning the island, even after Japan had taken Perth, the northern coast, and the coast of Queensland. In Siberia, both China and Japan are making gains as Russian units are just trying to hold off the Indian and French forces. And Thailand is still hanging on, despite being completely surrounded by Japan.

Lastly, South America, where the United States is on the verge of victory against Argentina. They could very well annex them by the next update.

19. mythmonster2

Wait, Madagascar and Ireland are still alive?

20. Karmic Knight

Karmic Knight Neurotic To the Bone

Victory, now the US must put their carriers to use and take the Falkland and Caribbean Islands.

Islands are very good for defence.