What do you want from a WoT MOD?

• Staying True to the Book

Votes: 61 37.9%
  • Game Play

Votes: 80 49.7%
  • JUST PUT IT OUT QUICKLY!!!

Votes: 20 12.4%

• Total voters
That would be a much better concept for "Traveling." I'm not familiar with the hacked editor though. You have a link to it?

Is that how come I can't get the teleport option? I need the hacked editor? How many times have I not downloaded that thing thinking MultiTool was all I'd need.

Just giving you guys an update on my progress with the map.

All of Randland, the Aiel Waste, and the Sea Folk Isles are complete... and Shara is getting close (should hopefully finish it today). After that, I tackle the realm of the Seanchan, and finally the Land of Madmen (which shouldn't take long at all). So hang in there, it's getting close. :)

I'll post a notice here before I throw it out into the Maps forum, that way you guys can give it a look over and send me some feedback.

In regards to travelling....

I would suggest a unit (Ashaman) that would be able to transport a set number of units (more units/ experience would be nice to mimic experience with the power) a fixed distance in any direction (kind of like a land-based transport). This unit would also have lethal bombard ability but no attack or defense.

In regards to this mod.. how close is it to completion... and what can be done to help?

The only problem with it as a land transport is that the AI won't use it ever. With lethal bombard it would just be used as artillery, which the AI rarely uses either. I do like your idea though. A shame that hasn't been added to the game. Maybe the patch coming out this sumer will fix that. It was supposed to be a big one according to rumor. I geuss we'll see. Land Transport strategy would open a whole new world.

I wonder if you give an Ashaman unit the above mentioned abilities, but set as a defensive or offensive strategy, if the AI would use it. Not necessarily as the human would, but if the AI had the unit then it's zone of control & bombard abilities should make a pre-emptive attack on approaching enemy units. Thus for AI fulfilling a portion of the unit's true actions. But that is something which could be tested out in game....

Who cares if the AI uses them, I just want to use them. :) J/K

I think giving them some off/def. capabilities and then giving them those strategies will help in coercing the AI to use them. I've tried similar strategies with tradable units associated with a resource (tabac) and the AI actually employed them when I gave them the required resource (although I don't know if they used them to transport or not... couldn't see). I think avoiding the artillary box is key.

As for how close we're done to completion, I can only speak for myself, that I've passed the half-way point with the map and hopefully will get it done within a week (i did say hopefully). Alerum's been spearheading most of the other work so far, so he'd be able to tell you better as far as total progress and what's still needed. Although I'm sure UNITS is way up there on the list for what can be done to help. :) Drop him a line if you're interested in lending a hand.

I'm no where near the point that Cam is at. I'd say I'm about 10% complete. And yes, the biggest problem I've running into now is finding units, so if you want to start making some... maybe starting with the Asha'man, I'll have no problems with that.;) I'm taking out all the units in the game, and will add some back if I feel they won't ruin game play, but as it is, want to have 100% unique units... the only problem is that will take time. I can probably have a base MOD put out in a few days, but then it would only be something of a cover, with it really being basic civ just renamed. Of course It's been about 2 weeks or so since I started the mod... at my current rate, it should come out about the same time as book 13.:p

The Ai never uses Land Transports as a transport, but with the ZoC and bombard abilities with maybe an equal amount of offense and defense then assigned the offense strategy the AI will build and aattack with them. Also if the are assigned the defense flag as well, the AI will use them both to attack and defend. If Artillery is attached also it will use them as that as well, especially with the of/def flags it will build them for sure. Could be quite a dangerous unit but it would be fitting. THe AI would take advantage of the combat aspect but ignore the land transport thing. No big deal to me as the player will use that option and the AI would still have the ways/airfield option. And might still use the teleport for the individual Ashaman. If you give the unit a high cost it will build this unit more than any other once available.

Just wanted to give you guys a quick update on my progress. Shara is now added to the list of completed realms. For those of you keeping track at home, all that leaves now is Seanchan and the Land of Madmen. :)

Maybe this isn't the biggest of news, but I'm still geeked about it. :) I'll get a start on Seanchan this afternoon... and then it's the home stretch!

I know I'm getting way ahead of myself, but I was wondering what you guys were thinking as far as a title screen.

I've always liked this cover from Path of Daggers personally... or would the traditional symbol be more apropriate?

Attachments

• Path of Daggers.jpg
    Path of Daggers.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 153
  • frontispiece.jpg
    frontispiece.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 161
Like you said, the Path of Daggers pic looks great but I think the traditional symbol would be more apropriate.

:hmm: I really like the Path of Daggers much more, but you will have to make the picture much larger in order ot get it to work. THe traditional symbol is fine to so I won't complain either way. But if I had to vote it would be the Path of Daggers.

I don't want to use Whealen's cover art. (shrugs) I'd be willing to make it whatever, but maybe throwing a few symbols that blend into a collage of images might be best... Ying-Yang symbol, that symbol there, maybe twin dragons... thinks like that.

I just wanted to say that I am VERY interested in this mod and hope that those involved continue to work on it. (in case you couldn't tell by my username).

Thank you for the welcome. I actually found this site while searching for a Wheel of Time mod because I thought "As awesome as these books are, someone HAS to have made a mod for it already". This thread is as close as I've seen. So, for now I'm playing the "Master of Myrror" mod, which is quite excellent by the way.

Top Bottom