What do you want from a WoT MOD?

• Staying True to the Book

Votes: 61 37.9%
  • Game Play

Votes: 80 49.7%
  • JUST PUT IT OUT QUICKLY!!!

Votes: 20 12.4%

• Total voters
Don't get too impatient Omega. A good mod takes a bit of time. Lord of the Mods is one I've been waiting on for over a year. A few others I've been waiting for for over 6 months, like my own.

These are the unit suggestions I've received and also come up with on my own. These are not incorporated into the mod yet, they are just suggestions. So feel free to respond to what I've posted, suggest others, or just thrown in your two cents.

-----
WARNING: This is a long post!
-----

BORDERLANDS:
Pikeman- Pikeman [Civ3]
Militia- Otomo Swordsman [Kinboat]
Archer- Otomo no Makuta [PTW]
Crossbowman- Crossbowman [Aluminum]
Aes Sedai- ___ (requires resource)
Warder- Warder [Kinboat] (enslaved by Aes Sedai)
Horseman- Shoni no Kagesuke [PTW]
Catapult- Catapult [Civ3]
Curragh- Curragh [C3C]
Galley- Galley [Civ3]
*Shienar*
Shienaran Infantry- Samurai [Civ3]
Shienaran Lancer- German Knight [Bebro]
*Saldaea*
Saldaean Rider- Chi. Rider [Civ3]
*Arafel*
Arafellin Infantry- Kensai [Kinboat]
*Kandor*
Kandori- Kandori [CamJH]

Tarabon:
Pikeman- Pikeman [Civ3]
Militia- Cuchulainn [Kinboat]
King’s Life Guard- King's Life Guard [CamJH]
Panarch’s Legion- Panarch's Legion [CamJH]
Archer- Longbowman [utahjazz7]
Horseman- Horseman [Civ3]
Knight- Knight [Civ3]
Illuminator- Hwach'a [PTW] (tradeable by resource)
Curragh- Curragh [C3C]
Galley- Galley [Civ3]

ANDOR:
Pikeman- Pikeman [Civ3]
Queen’s Guard- Huscarl [Aluminum]
Knight- Generic Knight Late 15th Century [Bebro]
Currah- Curragh [C3C]
Galley- Galley [Civ3]
*Two Rivers*
Two Rivers Bowman- Longbowman [Civ3]
Perrin Goldeneyes- Axeman [Aluminum] (enslaves “Diar Wolves” [Embryodead]) + army
Rand al’Thor- ___
Mat Cauthon- ___ + army

AMADICIA:
Pikeman- Pikeman [Civ3]
Guardians of the Gate- Italian Foot Knight [CamJH]
Curragh- Curragh [C3C]
Galley- Galley [Civ3]
*Children of the Light*
Whitecloak- Crusader [C3C] (also produced by Dome of Truth/Knights of Templar)
Whitecloak Captain- Crusader [Kinboat] (mounted)
Questioner- Inquisitor [C3C] (enslaves Whitecloak)

GHEALDAN:
Legion of the Wall- Legion of the Wall [CamJH]
Knight- Knight [Civ3]
Curragh- Curragh [C3C]
Galley- Galley [Civ3]

CAIRHIEN:
Pikeman- Pikeman [Civ3]
Cairhienin Footsoldier- Ashigaru Spearman [PTW] (foot unit with “con”)
Cairhienin Vanguard- Tang Cavalry [Dom Pedro II] (mounted unit with “con”)
Curragh- Curragh [C3C]
Galley- Galley [Civ3]

ILLIAN:
Pikeman- Pikeman [Civ3]
Companions- ___
Curragh- Curragh [C3C]
Galley- Galley [Civ3]

MAYENE:
Winged Guards- Phoenix Guard [aaglo]
Horsman- Horseman [Civ3]
Mounted Winged Guards- Hussar [Aluminum]
Curragh- Curragh [C3C]
Galley- Galley [Civ3]

TEAR:
Defenders of the Stone- Swiss Mercenary [C3C]
Tairen Infantry- Bushi [Kinboat]
Knight- Knight [Civ3]
Curragh- Curragh [C3C]
Galley- Galley [Civ3]

SHADOWSPAWN:
Darkfriend- Spy [C3C] (also available to other civs later in game, has hidden nationality)
Trolloc- Minotaur [Kinboat]
Myrddraal- Blood Dragon Vampire [embryodead]
Black Ajah (Aes Sedai)- ___
Draghkar- ___
Darkhounds- Diar Wolves (pack) [Embryodead]
Grey Men- Gray Man [CamJH] * currently illegal :rolleyes:

SEANCHAN:
Blademaster- ___
Deathwatch Guards- Minamoto Samurai [PTW]
Mounted Deathwatch Guards- Nakamaro Horseman [PTW]
To’raken/Raken- Wyvern [Embryodead]

AIEL:
Stone Dogs (Shae'en M'taal)- Stone Dog [CamJH]
Red Shields (Aethan Dor)- Red Shield [CamJH]
Water Seekers (Duahde Mahdi'in)- Water Seeker [CamJH]
Maidens of the Spear (Far Dareis Mai)- Maiden of the Spear [CamJH]
Wise One- Wise One [CamJH]

ALTARA:
Pikeman- Pikeman [Civ3]
Knight- Knight [Civ3]
Curragh- Curragh [C3C]
Galley- Galley [Civ3]

ARAD DOMAN:
Pikeman- Pikeman [Civ3]
Domani- Domani [CamJH]
Knight- Knight [Civ3]
Curragh- Curragh [C3C]
Galley- Galley [Civ3]

MURANDY:
Pikeman- Pikeman [Civ3]
Knight- Knight [Civ3]
Curragh- Curragh [C3C]
Galley- Galley [Civ3]

SHARA:
?

ATHA'AN MIERE (Sea FolK):
||foot units||
Windfiner- ___
Sailmistress- ___
Cargomaster- ___
||ships||
Darter- ___
Soarer- ___
Skimmer- ___
Raker- ___

Other:
Asha’man- Asha'man [CamJH] (produced by Black Tower/Sun Tzu’s AoW, or requires rare resource)
Ogier- Enkidu Warrior [C3C] or Berserk [PTW]
Someshta (Green Man)- Ent [Kindred72]

As for generic workers and settlers I think it should be Tinkers for workers, and Jenn Aiel for settlers... this will allow us to delay settler production until Jenn Aiel are rediscovered and The Sickness hits the Aiel.

tjedge1 said:
I was refering to the people and cultures of these lands not the landmasses. Shara sounds very much an arab nation from what I've read with a few rumors of channelling there. They are actually quite a powerful nation and defeated Hawkwings invaders quite easily. The Sea Folk trade with them and do not even attempt to enter their lands as the Aiel also respect them. Leaving out these 2 lands would not be very cool, IMHO. Shara could have have some serious curruption to limit their power, and if you remove communications trading then none will really have much contact from Randland there. There is enough information to make up a few things to add to Shara to flesh it out and it wouldn't hurt since Robert Jordan hasn't really fleshed it out himself. The Land of Madmen could be moved far to the south as it is in an arctic sea anyway. According to the book I mentioned above it's bordered by icebergs and is a very cold region. Just move it south of where you plan to put the Sea Folk isles.

Hawkwing faught the Aiel, not Shara.

Wrong. He fought both. His fleet that traveled to Shara was utterly destroyed when it attempted to come ashore. That's according to the Seafolk's accounts. The people of Shara deny this to any outsider as much as they deny ever being attacked by Trollocs when during the Trolloc wars where even the Aiel admitted to huge numbers invading the waste. They are very secretive people, but powerful none the less.

EDIT: On page 153 of "The World of Robert Jordan's The Wheel of TIme" Hawkwing's fleet is mentioned.

Ah... so that's where I remember reading it. :)
I knew it mentioned somewhere about Hawkwing sending his heirs across (along) the seas to expand his rule to both Seanchan and Shara. TJ you just saved me the time of looking it up. ;)

On another note, what other suggestions do you guys have for units? I'm sure I did not exhaust all the possibilities.

Another one I recently came across was Dom Pedro II's "Tang Cavalry" as a possibility for a Cairhienin officer. The flag on its back is a little large for "con" and it is a little light on the armor, but otherwise it could fit in nicely. Thoughts?

That's a good unit.
I was thinking of one of the many Hussar cavaly units for the Winged Guards.
For the Draghkar, Drift made some Angel units, and the male one might fit somewhat. Not perfect and the wings are not leather, but it almost fits.
For Myrddraal I think embryodeads Vampire for War Hammer might be fitting. Although the attack would need to be changed and the clothes darkened.
Still thinking about the others.

tjedge1 said:
Wrong. He fought both. His fleet that traveled to Shara was utterly destroyed when it attempted to come ashore. That's according to the Seafolk's accounts. The people of Shara deny this to any outsider as much as they deny ever being attacked by Trollocs when during the Trolloc wars where even the Aiel admitted to huge numbers invading the waste. They are very secretive people, but powerful none the less.

Ah. I've only read the books.

Kinboat made a couple angel units back in June also. "Elohim" was his name for the male version. It's pretty much naked except for a loin cloth though, and fights with a sword which I don't imagine the Draghkar doing. If Embryodead made a vampire unit, wouldn't that be a good possiblity for a Draghkar? I'll have to check it out... Drift's angels too.

Should I keep going back and editting in units into the list I've already made as we go to keep it somewhat organized? Just an idea. If there's more than one unit suggested, then it could possibly be decided by votes or something along those lines.

My bad. I can't believe I did that. :twitch: They were Kinboats Angels. Drift requested them.

A lot of units are stored and organized by GIDustin in the civ3files site. There is a link in my sig to his site. There are over 600 units available. It's worth the time to scroll through and you might find a few things from other forums as well. He gets stuff from CDG also. That's the best and most organized unit library I know. The only things missing mostly is the newest units. He did update just recently. So it's not too far behind.

EDIT:About updating your list, you could do that and then just copy it into a new post every once in a while to let newcomers see it and maybe join in.

EDIT2: There is also a Firelancer unit somewhere, if you want another Illuminator unit.

I forget how the rankings work among the Children of the Light... whether it's captain, commander, lord captain comander, or whatever, but as I was looking through the unit pages I cam across Kinboat's mounted Crusader unit and figured it could fit in as a higher rank than just the foot unit Whitecloak. So for now I'll just throw it on the list as Whitecloak Captain until a better suggestion comes along.

There is 2 branches of the CotL. One is Questioners and one is just CotL. There is a title of Captain, Lord Capitan, and for the Questioners... I believe they called themseleves Hand of the Light, but I can't for the life of me remember the commanders name.

I'm also going back and editting the creator's name into the list, both to give them their proper respects and also to help identify exactly which units we are talking about.

I won't bother doing the same for all the Civ3, PTW, and C3C units though... don't think that's necessary.

EDIT: I had a couple extra minutes, so I did it for all the Civ units also

Aluminum also made a Throwing Axeman unit (with a non-throwing alternate attack) which could work for Perrin as a type of hero unit. (one you begin the game with but cannot build, so if you lose him earlier on in the game... sucks to be you)

Sounds cool. Too bad there aren't any black clad mages to use as Asha'man. I'm going to do a search for pictures of exotic units for Seanchan since they have some very unusual animals. Also the Samurai type units might go well as Seanchan units as they do have a Japanese/Chinese feel to them. Kind of a mixture of both maybe. Either way it's an Asian type civ. I'm referring to other standard units, as I realize you know they look samuraish. Maybe some of the units in the extras folder for PtW. If you don't have that, somebody uploaded them to the forum somewhere or GIDustin has them.
I might have the pictures up this weekend.

I can't wait for this mod. I would love to playtest it if you like. Or anything to help you really. I am a complete illiterate with this stuff, but anything I can do let me know.

PS I know you guys are planning a scenario type thing, but you could you do that and allow the map to be played using your mod's civs starting out like a normal civ game. That way Shadar Logoth might have more then one city.

You could have friends of the dark, as invisible units, or nonnationality units, same with Senchean "Hands". I think the guy was called a "hand" of the empire (the one who talked to the senchean in her dining room). If you do one Civ an invisible or nonnationality unit, I would give one to all the civs, otherwise it seems pointless. I mean as if you would never know who was attacking if only the Blight has nonnationality units.

Oh how I've searched and searched for black clad mages to use as Asha'man, but to no avail. :(

The extras folder is where I found the Minamoto Samurai for the Seanchan's Deathwatch Guard, a pretty good match, and also a few others like the Ashigaru Spearman for the Cairhienin soldier, etc. I've got both the PTW and C3C expansion packs, so I've been looking through their unit folders to see if any match up. Let me know if I've overlooked any after you go through them.

If you can find any grolm, torm, lopar, or corlm to round out some of Seanchan's exotics, that would be awesome! I know you've got "The World of Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time," so I know you're familiar with all of them. Good luck in your searches.

Glad to have you onboard tombuazit. Although I'm pretty sure play-testing is a little ways down the road, there's probably plenty of other ways you could lend a hand that Alerum could tell you about.

As for hidden nationality units, I love having them in scenarios. Yeah, you always know who's behind the raids... you just can't prove it. ;) I played a LOTR scenario that I found on this site where Mordor and Isenguard had orcs and uruk hai as hidden nationality units, and that way they kept raiding throughout the whole game (as they should, being the blood-lust creatures they are). I think Shadowspawn units at least should be hidden nationality. It's not as though Andor will all of a sudden start building trollocs... we'll know where they come from, but that way Shadar Logoth is constantly barrading all the other civs with its units. Plus, it seems like half of the towns and cities in Jordan's novels don't believe in trollocs, myrddraal, and other such things anyways, so it might work out as a nice little catch.

I like the idea of Trollocs as hidden nationaltiy. Would allow the Trollocs to raid and be killed with out an all out war. The way it really is.

Top Bottom