The World Becomes Ours: Pre-Thread

Ishiel Province/Arrow Gamer

Colour: Blue-grey

Government/Ruler: Harlow Windrunner, Former Imperial Governor of the Ishiel Province, General of the 17th Legion, Commander in Chief of the Ishieli Remnant

Religion: The native Belhali of the jungle follow the Vine, a path that teaches of a strict hierarchy, with gods of varying strength at the top of the vine and humans at the bottom, with animals in the middle, for they are more purely in communion with the gods of leaf and tree. Their religion is heavily self-abasing, and the priests teach suicide as the highest calling, believing themselves not worthy of the afterlife. However, such teachings have not been practiced seriously in centuries, if they ever were, and the focus of the Vine today is on oneness with nature, sacrificing possessions and blood to the gods, and cleansing the sacred jungles of heretics.

The men of Ishiel Province, drawn from across the Empire to protect the Great Road, follow almost as many religions as there are men at the forts. Some follow the Vine, hoping to curry favor with the natives and thereby save their necks, while others follow religions from their home province, or the Pantheon, or have found a peculiar god in the road itself. Regardless, religion has small place in the military, save as comfort in one’s dying breath, and open displays of devotion are looked down upon.

The pirates of the east are considered godless heretics and men dare not engage them in long enough conversation to find out more, for to do so would be to have one’s throat slit and body thrown to sea. However, they are often found chanting in their strange language while out on sea or in battle, and seem in unison even when out of earshot. Carvings of their gods are strange and unnerving.

Values: The Belhali value sacrifice above all else, viewing such as the purest expression of devotion to gods and the sincerest attempt to remove corruption from the earth. The military state that exists in the remains of the Ishiel Province value strength and martial prowess above any other trait.

Sample Names:
Benhali: Tiri (M), Istena (F), Resirti (M), Osa (F), Rentrin (F), Osri (M)
Imperial: Drawn from other cultures
Pirate: ???

History: There are three major factions in the Ishiel province. The first, that of the player controlled Ishiel Governorship, was a former Imperial province. They were stationed on the road to protect the only road traversing the two landmasses of the continent, the rest of the isthmus too overrun by the Benhali Jungle. The road was constructed under Qinghu, but built on the remains of an ancient road. The natives of the jungle, spurred by destruction of their homes and the doctrine of their religion, had long contested the military presence in the area, but frequent raids, heavily supported by other legions, had kept the natives subdued. However, a large, protracted war had broken out under Batdai III when he withdrew much support for the legion there, but since then the guard has never been let slip.

The second faction, the Benhali tribesmen, or the Forest-dwellers, have lived in the jungles since time immemorial. Legend tells that when they arrived, all that was present on the isthmus was an untamed jungle and a ruined road. The jungles, while inhospitable to outsiders, teemed with life for those who knew where to look and the Benhali flourished. Not only that, but the punishing heat and disease of the area, and easily defensible narrow neck, had led to prosperity for the natives. They remained undisturbed until the Empire took notice of a stretch of land that contained the single most important land trade route in the known world, and conquest soon followed. While goods flowed up and down the isthmus, the Benhali were pushed further and further east, away from the road until they at last they struck out, burning an outpost. The imperial response was immediate, tracking the natives deep into the jungle, but disease, unfamiliar terrain, and guerilla attacks whittled down the strike force. Since that failure, most military presence has been limited to the road, as it is the only point of import.

Finally, there are the eastern pirates. Their outpost located somewhere in the dry savannah of the peninsula to the east of the isthmus, they often raid the sea trade in their neck of the woods. Their origin is unknown, as their base is located in too hospitable an area and the piracy not nearly lucrative a business for them to be simple opportunists. However, the fact of the matter is that they exist, and little is known about them. They rarely venture outside the peninsula unless to raid what little sea trade there is.

Claims and Capital City:

Neighbours: Included elsewhere.

Note: I hope to add more information about the natives.

THE GREAT ROAD AND POLITIES LOCATED THERE
-an itinerary written by the traveler Malus of Ramosa

The Great Road was one of the main trade arteries through the continent Dofangdau (as it's called by Imperial contemporaries) or Moravena (its proper name; the land of Mora). It begins from the city of Miridion, goes through the capital Iewraiver, all the way to border city of Ramosa on the banks of Vafurc. Afterwards, it goes a long way through the scrubs of the Xi-Peng.

Xi-Peng is a successor state of the Empire, and as such, has inherited plenty of it's traditions, and in more short-terms - it's military units stationed there. Once the downfall of the Empire had became painfully clear even here, a local governor in the city of Jiuan has decided to wrestle control of the area for his own good. His troops have conquered the city of Paret to the north with little difficulty, however, the city of Pinzou in the south turned out to be a much bigger problem - it was besieged for 5 long months, and once conquered, it turned out to be worth less than it's worth. While it was an important trading post to the newly forming Republic of Eamoa, the city had hosted before the Fall many Eamoan transplants lived there, which led to the natural spread of the worship to the true goddess Mora. This has made the situation untenable there, as governmental forces, trying to force the Pantheon and Morans are in a daily conflict, a trend slowly spreading over the other larger centres, as trade along the Great Road is being revived. The struggle for identify for Xi-Peng will be a hard one; will they hone into their Imperial past, or succumb to the Eamoan influence? It is yet to be cleared.

An awful misunderstanding borders them. In the past, the worship of Mora had many sects; ironically, the Imperial Conquest destroyed many of them, fearing possible fanaticism. One of those sects were exiled long before the Conquest, to the north. Where the Xi-Peng borders, or at least, where the border patrols dare go, begins the border of the Morazens, an ancient sect, thought to be extinct. As unfortunate as it might seem, however, these heathens didn't perish from the terrifying inquisitions or the harshness of life as they should, but have rather remained under the cowl of the Pantheon, pretending to be obedient, while they were worshipping their own versions. This was all good and all; the Pantheon didn't care in what you believed, so long as you paid taxes and didn't stab Imperial soldiers in the face. Which is why the Empire fell, I'd say! Those Morazens worship their own interpretation of Mora - they dispute that She's the absolute Goddess, ruling over our lives as She sees fit. Instead, those fools, those bastards believe that She rules with another (!) God, Zen, who controlls the fire in the lands. Absolutely awful. It is the most absurd thing! Yet, sadly, they have great sway in the cities of Teira, Koen, etc all the way to the river of Min, where the city of Min (they can't even properly name things!) is. Their road finally meets with the critical to everyone living in Moravena Ishiel Province, who are yet another Imperial Remnant.

But let us stop here. Those heathens have only made me angry...

May Mora Bless Us All

First draft of the rules are in the second post. Take a look and tell me what's buggered.

Introducing Chien Hao, the city of merchants and inventors! The evil and the soulless, the driven and the fearless, they all call their home here!

Cadellion, mind ceding me the island?

Soxyn Horde/Terran Empress
Government/Ruler:
Horde

Khaigon (Great King/Emperor): None, the Soxyn Horde is currently in a Sucsession War

Khon: Bardel, Khon of the Untkonate (dark/red orange)
Colour:

Religion: The Soxyn religion consists of multiple deities, mostly dealing with war, strength, family, and the pasture.
Values: Strength above all else, as only the strongest can survive in harsh desert steppe.
Sample Names: (M) Adalbart, Aelfbayar, Olfbaatar (F) Cyneari, Eddnai, Emmie
History: The Soxyn people are a Nomadic people, and were mostly left alone during the Empire, sometimes payed tribute, and sometimes being forced to pay tribute. The whole empire is called the Soxyn Horde or Soxyn Empire, long ago the homeland of the Soxyn people were united by the first Khaigon, Theojin, and went on to conquer many neighboring kingdoms. Firstly he moved south and conquered the valley kingdom of Dolina, which its great city of Pev was set up as the capital of the Soxyn Empire. With Dolina conquered, Theojin moved east, conquering what would later be known as the Untkonate, and eventually the Osthorda. at this time his son Olfbaatar took his own forces and moved west, conqering the Olfbaatar Khonate.

However upon Theojin's death, the various conquered lands were split between his Sons, none of which were named heir, and a bloody war ensued until finally Olfbaatar, who was nominally last in line because of his own conquests, became the Khaigon. This tradition has stuck with the Horde over the years, and with the Theojin Dynasty having mostly died out, and no longer controls the Khonates, the various Sucession wars have become bloodier.

The Only way to become Khaigon is to get elected by the other Khons, including the lesser Khons below the four Khonates, because of this, succession wars are very common, and the internal territory of the Empire rapidly shifts, as lesser Khons always vote for their own liege at threat of death or loss of land, or both, and every Khon votes for himself. Until a Khon proves his strength against his other Khons, and subjugates their lesser khons, and forces the other khons into submission, a Khaigon will most likely remain unnamed, and the empire disunited and weak to outsiders.

While strength is highly prised in the Empire, it is not unknown to see a Khon use deceit, wisdom, and a sharp tongue to win over the lesser khons of a stronger Khon, and unite the empire
Hordes (From West to East): Olfbaatar Khonate (yellow), Soxlynd (Light orange), Untkonate (Dark/red Orange), Osthorda (Orange)

sorry about the lack of info, just wanted to finish it up

Up to date claims map
Spoiler :

@ Nuka/Cadellon - Cadellon's claims will hold until he agrees to hand over the islands.
@Terran - That's a very large claim. As I said before to Zappericus, there's a very good chance you'll lose control of a chunk of it within an update or two (assuming all that territory is in your direct control).

Considering I only have those two islands and the 2 tiny ones I'd at least like to have the entirety of the one with my city on it

TRAVELS TO THE EAST: WILD, WILD LANDS
yet another itinerary written by the hit chronicler Malus of Ramosa

In our previous issue, we've explored the lands lying on the Great Road from Miridion all the way to Min and the heathens living there. Today, however, we'll be going through another direction. A more barbaric one. The Imperial Conquests by far weren't easy. Due to the terrain and the mountains, the land beyond the river of Zelisk resisted for far longer than the conquests of the Eamoan city-states, or the native polities which today inhabit the lands of Xi-Peng (and, of course, the wretched heretics that border them).

This reflects even today, as the heritage and traditions of the Empire that are very firmly rooted in the foundations of states like Xi-Peng or Eamoa, are much less present in the East. Therefore, governance usually is done the same way as it was done before the Conquest, which can result into some very peculiar forms of rule.

One such example is Maliso. For the most part, their lands are covered with deep jungle. The rest is tall peaks bordering the skies, where most of their larger cities are located. This, naturally, has made the process of conquering them a nightmarish affair; chroniclers speak of heavy casualties through the jungle. So, the Empire used the good old "divide and conquer" tactic, plus a good deal of treachery. Even then, the casualties mounted were very high. Yet, all that amounted to nothing; Imperial tax collectors, once sent to the mountainous cities, didn't return, or at least, not in one piece. While nominally controlled by the Empire, this region was relatively untouched by them, as they sought to carve a path through the jungle, an exercise that failed time and time again. This, in turn, resulted into the cities holding their previous ways, and preserving them even after the Fall - a sort of disorganized aristocracy holding over the cities, with the king ruling over them. In theory, not in practice. Very few times is the king able to do so.

sketch of the jungle landscape in Maliso; the Pass.

As I left the last town controlled by the Malisans on the river Krask (editor's note: that would be Aja), I was in a jungle much more denser than the one in Maliso. I had entered the lands of the Imarki natives (although they call themselves in a name with more consonants than I'm able to pronounce), who didn't know of the existence of the Empire. Ironically, neither did the Empire know of the existence of Imarki, which is probably showing enough. There's no cities in the way we see them; no grand capitals or huge ports. Rather, there's every year upon the holy ruins of a once-grand city built deep within the jungle (why did the ancients have a fascination with building places in the most improbable places and then leaving them abandoned after some time, I've never been able to figure out). It's name is Imarki, which is where I took their non-tongue twisting name. Its location is "where the jungle trees and the mountains meet shoulder-to-shoulder", according to one of the tribals. Unfortunately, they weren't so kind to me when I asked to lead me there, and they have sharp spears that probably can cut through my leather cuirass as if it were hot butter. After that, their hospitality disappeared, turning into cold politeness with a bit of a "get out now" tone, showing that I was no longer wanted here. And so, I crossed the river of Malisha, seen only by the wild animals and probably a few of the younger and more curious Imarki.

An Imarki hunter.​

Much to my relief, the jungle cleared a bit. It's density has certainly decreased; I explain that with the many tree-stumps I've found recently, clearly showing that humans inhabit the local area and they've made use of the hard-woods found here. It still remains hot and humid and strange animals are flying around, and, much to my chagrin, into me. Good thing I didn't pack a chainmail for this travel, eh? Anyway, eventually, I did find the source of the chopped down trees. As I climbed up on a steep hill, I saw down into riverlands below a large clearing filled with little wooden buildings with the same colour of the wood that grows here. Something brownish? In any case, I climbed down, and once I reached the place, I was in for a shock. Qeng Ho robes! And natives living in the town! Not as slaves, a rather unfortunate practice that the Qeng Ho love using. That was most curious.

As I asked around, it seems that most of the Imperials are actually Qeng Ho prisoners, uncomfortable nobles and crazy writers arguing that maybe, maybe, they should lower the taxes a bit. That's why, they were exiled into this place, to "redeem themselves with the accomplishments of their descendants", as the official order said. Apparently, soon enough, it turned out that the jungle wasn't unpopulated at all. The Imperials, apparently were strangely filled with goodwill towards the natives (Amraki, they're called), probably because the ship which carried their guns was gutted by a wave on the way to the continent. This forced them to try a more diplomatic approach, using gifts to impress the Amraki. Soon enough, their settlement grew, as curious Amraki came. Some of them converted to the Pantheon and vice-versa, thus turning their nation into a bizarre mix of Qeng Ho traditions and Amraki beliefs. More and more Qeng Ho prisoners were sent to "redeem" themselves as the government considered more and more people "uncomfortable to the State" (monarchy, y'know?). Little towns like Paktana (where I'm right now) soon grew near river estuaries, with little houses made out of sandalwood. It was rather heart-warming, I must admit. It seemed that the Amraki have perhaps somehow managed to quell the desire for absolute and total power that so many Imperials seem to suffer once they gain any position of power. Or perhaps it was because of the land itself; it showed the prisoners that there can be a new beginning for them; and it lead the Amraki into the favours of civilization, whether good or bad.

The Amraki Ho, as they call themselves, is one very peculiar place, and I believe I'll stay here for a good amount of time, studying it, until I head once more. This time, for the mountains...

MAY MORA BLESS US ALL

--
Polav Drużyna tearing through Qeng Xo remnants on the southern fields of Xidau (Post-Cataclysm)

***​

"The Polavostronyans never took well to being put in chains when the Qeng Xo arrived upon their shores all those years ago. They had always been a bunch of proud, stubborn horsehockys, the lot of them. You can imagine the face on that ancient old arselord Mongdei when he first encountered this slimy bunch and started receiving his ambassadors' heads tied to their own horses, covered in piss and rancid dung. Oh, it must've been outright bloody divine.

Of course, those narrow-eyed slugs weren't going to be pushovers, no sir! This Mongdei fellow was getting mighty pissed, you see? No putrid-lookin' peasants were going to tell him to sog off! So what he did, was he sent another group of ambassadors from the southern continent over towards one of the outreaching Polav fishing towns, and had hidden this huge-as-balls fleet brimmed with your standard narrow-eye guns - y'know the one's that really puckered you up even on a good day - behind a thick fog which had laid down across the shorelines of the Polav lands. See, even the gods hated their guts, so they gave the Qeng a hand, though some say that Mongdei was some sort of sorcerer, or whatever the hell that means. Heretical scum-talk, if you ask me. It was no secret that he had a thing for being a smug bastard when it came to exploiting terrain during his military campaigns.

Of course, the Polavs, being the mentally backhanded beefcakes that they were, didn't see this one coming, and so when they sent out their merry gang of rapist executioners to take these ambassadors out, all focused on these losers. Meanwhile, the Emperor's armies slipped unseen into the harbours of Polaskrakow and just began blasting away and deploying their guys, just slaughtering everyone, ye? Brought the Boyars right down to their god damn knees in one single day. Shamed them right into space!

It didn't end there. Those Polavs kept fighting throughout the years, resisting the narrow-eyes at every turn, buggering with their deliveries and trade caravans, slitting soldiers' throats in the night and raping their nobles in their homes for giggles. They were being persistent little ratbags.

And the Qeng Xo just kept hammering down and reinforcing, hammering down and reinforcing, never being able to pin these savages down permanently, never adapting to the situation. They couldn't really destroy every single one of them either, cause an outright rebellion would've overthrown their, at this point, stretched out occupant garrisons.

So, you can possibly imagine the sheer amount of smug glee that began running out of every Polav orifice when this massive god damn empire began to collapse three hundred years later through the cataclysm. Imagine all that rage, just bloody spilling out in an instant. Didn't take them more than a few bloody hours either before all of the principalities rose up under this new Radziwill guy, and just began shoveling the Qeng out of their territories and beyond in droves. These putrid scumbags, as a final middle-finger to the burning narrow-eye empire, began impaling any and all ethnic Qeng Xo families, noble and peasants alike - on huge pikes, up the arse and out through the mouth, until they bled out. Twas' a grotesque sight!

Nonetheless, the Qeng held up a firm fight, holding their ground throughout the western continent in small strongpoints. Took the Polavs and whoever else was up in this nonsense some time before they could mop them all up. Local peasants state that they can still see Qeng Xo banners of the old empire flying about at times, but that's probably just horsecrap to rile people up for no bloody reason.

But.. Do I enjoy the company of a Polav? Sure, they're a merry and dull lot when you drink with them.. mostly, or fight by their side - but bugger me if I ever get stuck in against one of those pest-ridden maniacs on open ground."

- Ishiel Pirate; "On the subject of Polavs"

Setting a rough deadline of Friday to get completed signups in. Setting up stats and filling out the map with npcs now.

Loving all the stories, really helps flesh out the world.

NPCs for Xidau (western continent) mostly filled out, except for those in the northeast. Giving some time for Mosher, Terran or SK to give some input, then I'll fill in the blanks. If you want to change or expand on any of the NPCs, go ahead. New players can still claim over NPCs. WIP stats for Xidau should be up soonish.

Stats are up for most of Xidau, besides SK and Terran. If you have any issues with your stats, PM me please. I'll most likely be doing Jiadau (southern continent) next.

Spoiler map :

Important Persons of the Tha'madian Collegate.

Shadow Headmaster Khama
Knowledge and wisdom has always been our strength.

The current Shadow Headmaster, and the Speaker of the Eyes (current Shadow College), is Ambassador Khama. The Eye is a political party in the Principality of Tha'mad who believes and argues with the Arm (current College) that the correct method of greeting visitors is by sending out delegations formed entirely out of one-eyed men and women. She lairs in an office built over an arena for pugilistic men and women. Her sentences are often punctuated by sounds of blows and screams, and she smiles at every such sounds. She is rumored to hold a large network of agents and spies in every corner of the Qeng Xo Empire. She is also rumored to buy information and secrets, no matter how insignificant it may be, and also sell them to the right ears. Some of these rumors may even be true.

Headmaster Kharazam
We cannot allow signs of weakness in times of chaos.
General Kharazam lairs at the port, where he constantly listens to the sounds of dockworkers shouts. His officers tirelessly work through mountains of paperwork everyday while he and the Arms constantly argues with the Eyes that the correct method of greeting visitors is by providing them with special masks and clothes and indulging them in ceremonial dances. He and the Arms are rumored to have significant control over the docks in Tha'im, and he and his officers pays well for the sea captains from faraway lands who bring accurate news, and information, from afar.

NPCs for Xidau (western continent) mostly filled out, except for those in the northeast. Giving some time for Mosher, Terran or SK to give some input, then I'll fill in the blanks. If you want to change or expand on any of the NPCs, go ahead. New players can still claim over NPCs. WIP stats for Xidau should be up soonish.

Stats are up for most of Xidau, besides SK and Terran. If you have any issues with your stats, PM me please. I'll most likely be doing Jiadau (southern continent) next.

Good stuff, Decamper! Loving the diversity

9 Spirit Faith of Northern Dofangdau

Introduction

The northern lands of the eastern continent of Dofangdau have historically been inhabited by various tribes of relatively unsophisticated peoples divided amongst diverse tribes and cultures yet united by a single faith, that of the ‘Nine Spirits’. Today the civilizing influence of Qeng Ho imperialism is felt in the growth of the city states of the Honorable Wind Republic and the abandoned imperial cities of Lifung, Che-su, and Tai-chu but the lands remain wild and so too do its people. The Nine Spirits faith remains strong and for the most part decentralized- except amongst the Vélache and its neighbors where Qeng Hu influence has centralized and codified the ancient faith. This, more structured form of the faith, has spread across northern Dofangdau and is widely recognized and yet not often adhered too amongst the more wild tribes.

Theology of the Nine Spirits

The witches of the Nine Spirits (shamans/priests of the faith are called this regardless of gender) teach that each of us has a soul, as too do the animals and weather, the sea, the forests, the rivers, the mountains. Every individual, man, woman or child, is guided by nine spirits, and the spirits that guide an individual may change as they journey through this life. But one spirit stays with us throughout our life and this is our guardian spirit and somehow, each of us just knows what that spirit is, instinctually and spiritually. The guardian spirit and eight guiding spirit influence our lives in every way and we influence them, and indeed all spirits, through meditation and prayer.

Perhaps the most powerful spirit is Psilocybe, who’s spirit resides in the magic mushrooms of the highland forests and who’s use opens a gateway to the dual reality of the spirit realm.

Our souls are immortal and when we die we will return as a spirit to guide another, or as an animal or person, depending on the whims of the spirits and our own desires. The faith of the Nine Spirits does not believe in heaven or hell or a spirit world divorced from our own material existence.

Nine Spirits in Practice

Adherents of the Nine Spirits teach us to seek enlightenment, to meditate upon the influence of the spirit world upon ourselves, those we love, and the world we live in, to see the mark of the raven in the boisterous laugh of a child, the protective tenderness of bear in a mother’s smile for her child.

Nine Spirits teaches us to seek attunement through quiet reflection, often in some wild place, and often alone. This has led to a plethora of monasticism and monasteries, both ancient ruins and shining new structures, that dot northern Dofangdau. Visitors to northern Dofangdau may be surprised by the humble beauty of a secluded monastery locals do not speak of but all know very well, as they travel through the highland forests.

Those who have obtained enlightenment call themselves ‘awakened’ and know the sign of the spirits in the lives we live. They are called to help others find personal peace in themselves, to see the influence of the spirits in their lives and to invite to their lives those they need most. The awakened are teachers, and many become witches if they were not before.

Nine Spirits in Our World

The northern Dofangdau are known for their stone and wood carving skills and these skills are reflected in their faith. The Nine Spirits faith are most obvious in the various monasteries strewn throughout the eastern continents more secluded lands, and especially the totem poles present throughout forest, mountain, coasts, and fields. These totem poles are always composed of nine animals and typically carved from the giant redwood trees that grow on the eastern slopes of this continent or from stone. Adherents will also wear stone or wooden bracelets or necklaces carved in form of the spirits that guide them or that they wish to guide them.

Practitioners of the faith engage in prayer and meditation and make extensive use of incense and ‘spirit dances’. They also make extensive use of hallucinogenic mushrooms to engage in spirit walks.

Witches of the faith typically wear black robes and may adorn themselves with intricate jewelry or body art in celebration of one or more spirits. They take no vows of asceticism, celibacy, or charity but typically live simple lives with extensive time spent in quiet and secluded meditation in the wilds.

Planà

By the year 117IC, the Vélache were increasingly adopting many of the ways and customs of the Qeng Xo who made their home at the three imperial cities in their lowlands. One of these was to organize their government as a sort of meritocracy where government posts were awarded to the best educated and most competent individuals of academies both in the distant Qeng Xo heartlands and locally at Donvaj. These practices greatly changed the Vélache and the local faith of the Nine Spirits was not unaffected.

A witch making her home in Planà spoke of a dream, given to her by Psilocybe, of organizing the faith, of establishing a great temple and academy in the manner of the Imperial pantheon and their priests. She was taken as a sort of prophet by followers of her movement, and the Planà beame a holy city for them.

Today the Planà sect is widely accepted as the more ‘civilizing’ force within the faith; they scribe the lessons of the Nine Spirits and fund (through Vélache government subsidies) educational ministries for witches from across the continent and beyond wishing to travel to Planà and learn the intricacies of their faith at the Nine Spirits academies there.

Followers of the Nine Spirits do not see the Planà as a separate faith, but do not always adhere to their teachers either. To date the almost 200 year old sect has peacefully co-evolved with the traditional faith, spreading slowly as the civilizing influence of the Qeng Xo did, and receding as the latter’s reach also withdrew.

Great stuff Immaculate. I've got the map of northern dofangdau drawn up, but if you want to do the borders of the some of your neighbours, I'd be more than happy to change it up before posting it.

I'll actually be doing dofangdau (eastern continent) before the south, so if anyone wants to get some npc changes in, you have until tomorrow (though I'll still make changes afterwards if you really want something different).

General thought is that it's not very well developed with the primary inroads for the Qeng xo being the three Chinese sounding cities in my nation. I can roll with whatever though.

The rivers along the northeast coast will likely be relatively more developed and dotted with Qeng Xo (or Velache) influenced nations or colonies, but further inland will be much more native. That's what I'm planning, at least.

History of Karnei and Surr since the coming of Xeng Xo

63 BIC – rumors of the rise of a new empire in the west arrive at the many kingdoms. The northern Karnei kingdoms of Amalke invades the small duchies, causing many to leave the land.
59 BIC – tablets and papers about the conquests in the west arrive at the many cities of the Karnei and Surr. Amalke and Malat begin a war for small duchies, Amalke slowly losses ground, but the destruction causes the diaspora of the Kishlahi population, a smaller ethnic group that used to live in the coastal parts of the small duchies lands.
58 BIC – the Qeng Xo cross the central deserts and begin the conquest and enslavement of the Occulta tribes, causing the tribes to be pushed eastward into war with the Karnei and the Reqq tribes. The death of Batday II brings diplomats from the empire into Karnei and Surr demanding their surrender to the newly crowned empress Khulan. Most kingdoms and duchies ignore the warning, but in the north the kingdom of Takrit sends a letter of surrender, and swears allegiance to the Qeng Xo.
57 BIC – the armies of Qeng Xo eat the Occulta and declare war on the kingdom of Subuk, a southern Surr kingdom. A letter arrives at the court of Takrit, naming the king as a lord of all Karnei and requesting him to settle 1000 Qeng Xo in his capital. He accepts, reforming his small fledging kingdom as the province of Karnei. He sends letters to the Reqq tribes for an alliance against the Occulta horse lords advancing on their lands. They accept and a campaign to take over the Saada River with the aid of the Reqq quickly takes place.
56 BIC – Subuk falls, as well as most of the other Surrlands. Malat calls for peace with Amalke and the two, together with many smaller kingdom and duchies declare an alliance to end the outside threat. Malat leads the alliance to invade Takrit and attempts to cross the Reqq Mountains to surprise, not knowing about the alliance formed there. Warning comes to the lord of Karnei and he begs the empress for aid, as well as promising any Reqq who wishes to farm the lowlands a strap of land.
55 BIC – Qeng Xo arrive at the river Damhai as the small kingdom of Gebhal, west of Malat, is pressed hard with the Imperial forces eventually burning the capital city and crossing the river. Malat and its allies in the north find themselves surrounded by the Reqq and begin returning home. The Karnei kingdoms in the north east advance into Takrit. The blessed empress Khulan sends a large force to aid Takrit which quickly helps smash the Occulta in the center and move into Takrit together with 3000 Qeng Xo settlers that settle in the capital and begin to quickly form the administration of the Takritian lord.
56 BIC – Qeng Xo forces lay siege to the city of Malat as their province of Karnei advance upon the small duchies, bring them down one by one with the aid of both the Reqq and Imperial forces. The most north western of the Karnei kingdoms, Ashul, surrenders to the empire and is given as a vassal to Takrit. The lord of Takrit tears a piece of land from Ahul and declares it protected for Qeng Xo settlers. The city of Xino-Khulan is formed from those lands inside a great harbor.
55 BIC – the siege of Malat continues as the unified alliance against the Qeng Xo attempts to alleviate the siege, only to find that Imperial forces, together with Reqq and Takritian ones have conquered and brought the surrender of all of Karnei, leaving the Surr and the little duchies still not occupied to fend off the invasion.
54 BIC – Malat surrenders. The lord of Takrit, a man named Mossul Tallaal is made a direct vassal of the empress. He is given the title lord of Karnei and Surr, the two new most western provinces of the empire. (The Surr kingdoms east of the river Damhai are formed into another province called Shexo and are not given to the lord of Takrit). An official imperial letter signed by Mossul Tallaal allows the Reqq to settle the rich lands on the border between the two provinces, and many happily move there, as well as into other lands (including the new province Shexo). The empress leaves a large force with a Qeng Xo general in Malat, to work together with Mossul to maintain the stability.

52 BIC – Mossul sends his own private army to aid the empress in subduing an Occulta slave rebellion. She gifts him the province of Occulta Western, which he renames into the Occulta Nearea and quickly merge it into the province of Karnei. To maintain stability Mossul creates a system of vassals under him from the leaders of the beaten kingdoms and allows a certain level of autonmy.

51 BIC – 21 BIC the provinces are mostly maintained peacefully. Mossul dies on 24 BIC and the provinces are given to his youngest son, born to a Qeng Xo settler woman, Khul Tallaal. A small uprising in Occulta Nearea is stopped by the end of this time span.
20 BIC – with the assassination of the empress the provinces rebel. The new emperor Mongdei ignores the pleas of Khul for more help, letting Khul work with the Qeng Xo general in the area. Khul is ruthless, in particular with Malat, weakening it and ripping pieces from the duchy and giving it to the Reqq officially. The rebellion causes the losses of thousands in the different cities as Qeng Xo stationed forces and Khul’s forces rip through the rebels and cities, taking plenty of loot to Tikrit.
19 BIC – Khul rearranges the kingdoms, making those that rebelled smaller, and those that didn’t bigger, but he does not remove from power the old royal lines of those cities.
18 BIC – 115 IC – a hundred years pass, anything but peacfuly. Every time a Qeng Xo ruler dies the provinces open in rebellion and are quickly and ruthlessly put down by Qeng Xo forces and the Lords forces. The other cities loss their greatness from the past as much plunder is moved into Takrit and Xino-Khulan, now mostly known as Xino. The work between the Tallaal and the generals stationed in the provinces is in fact so close that eventually the generals begin to answer directly to the Tallaal heir, who in return is usually educated by the Qeng Xo generals of the province.
115 IC – the death of Daiger goes peacefully. The different old kingdoms are weakened and bled after a hundred years of rebellion. But another threat shows up. Plans to enforce higher centralization scare the lord of Karnei, a man named Messun Tallaal. He leaves to the capital of the empire to try and maintain his own autonomy. He steals much from the provinces as a gift to Dinanhai, the emperor. Messun never returns, and his sole daughter is not made lord. The provinces are led by a Qeng Xo general.
117 IC – Lakish Trebiler, a merchant from Xino marries Messun’s daughter and is apparently a part of a conspiration by many provinces to rid the world of Dinanhai. Dinanhai dies later that year, in the in the next two years his entire line dies as well. Emperor Zhuley is crowned and the council makes Lakish the new lord of Karnei and Surr, excusing it with the ties to the Tallaal. He is surprisingly also made leader of the Qeng Xo forces in the area and indeed quickly after he quells a massive rebellion in the provinces.
118 IC – Xino is made capital of the provinces and many Qeng Xo are helped in settling in it as well as in other cities across the provinces. Thousands come to settle, and they receive high autonomy, unlike the true people who live in the provinces, who are still made to pay heavy taxes.
194 IC – the beheading of Malat’s duke again make the land rebellion. Shulx Trebiler, Lord of Karnei and Surr and general of the western army crashed the rebellion within a month. The city of Malat is burned into the ground as well as several of the small duchies.
195 IC- empress Shanilian completely ignores the western provinces as they were not at all ravaged by Xixin-Nashin. Shulx is allowed to increase his centralization over the provinces.
196 IC – Shulx is murdered by his eldest son from a Qeng Xo woman. Rebellions begin again, but this time aimed at Qeng Xo populations. Maai, Shulx daughter, becomes lord of the provinces.
199 IC – Maai finally defeats the rebellions, as she did not have the respect of the Qeng Xo forces like her father did. She marries with a far flanged nephew and is rumored to sleep with others.
200 IC – 250 IC peace has finally fallen upon the provinces. The lord, one named Serxi Trebiler, puts much into trade with the far away other provinces of the empire and looks into enlarging his own provinces. He sends letters to the emperor Tagao begging to make him lord of more provinces and sends large gifts of gold and silver. Tagao takes the gifts and makes Serxi de jure lord of Shexo province. The province goes up in the flames of rebellion against the “traitor lord”. They are put down ruthlessly but when Tagao asks for more gold and silver, Serxi finds he cannot pay as large gift as before and tagao quickly rips away his title as lord of Shexo. This all happened within 2 years but the dates are uncertain.

Until 297 IC the provinces are mostly peaceful but at the day of the news of the death of Dinanhai the Occulta all through the empire attack everyone around them, many Occulta slaves even goes as far as to commit suicide. A huge rebellion opens in Occulta Nearea as well as the other Occulta lands. Lord of Karnei and Surr, general of the western army, Maee Trebiler declares himself king of the Kingdom of Karnei and swears to the kingdoms and to the Qeng Xo in his empire, and mostly, in his highly trained army, that he will bring stability in the Qeng Xo way. He goes as far as marry a Qeng Xo noblewoman and declares that any son born with a Qeng Xo will always have first right to the throne of the Qeng Xo kingdom of Karnei…

And now we begin…

Map added with 4 NPC's from the Shexo province (that was Surrian kingdoms before)

Attachments

• sHN0GNJ.png
    sHN0GNJ.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 96
Top Bottom