The world of Lone Wolf: Magnamund.

Originally posted by mrtn
"You have come to a Magnamund thread started by mrtn.
*If you have any comments, post them here.
*If you want to know more about Lone Wolf, or even play some of the adventures, go here!
So, Nahuixtelotzin, I did know about Project Aon. :p ;) But thanks anyway. :)
Nahuiztelotzin and LouLong, are you guys interested in the mod?

Interested ? Yes

But I haven't played the series for 15 years at least. I have forgotten lots of things (except the caves of Kalt). So I cannot really help you... Well, if you need, you can ask me but I won't probably be able to help you...

Keep up the good work.

Originally posted by LouLong
Interested ? Yes

But I haven't played the series for 15 years at least. I have forgotten lots of things (except the caves of Kalt). So I cannot really help you... Well, if you need, you can ask me but I won't probably be able to help you...

Keep up the good work.
It's just that if you think you'll try it out then it seems the "fan-base" has increased with 100%. Maybe I'll work 100% faster now. :hmm:
And I think you should play the books again at projectaon.org. I did this a while ago, it was fun to play it after 15 years (or whatever long it's been). :D

Oh, sorry mrtn, bad looking. :rolleyes:
I'm interested in giving the mod a try, but have too few energies to help you with it. That little guy from my avatar keeps me busy...

Originally posted by Nahuixtelotzin
Oh, sorry mrtn, bad looking. :rolleyes:
I'm interested in giving the mod a try, but have too few energies to help you with it. That little guy from my avatar keeps me busy...
I didn't crave, that, I just wondered if anyone cared. :cry: As the people caring seems to have tripled in the last day I'm more than satisfied. :D
And with the locked alliances from C3C I see a possible scenario coming up, with the Darklords and the Vassagonians against all the others.

Take a look at this map. :)

King Arthur, sorry if I haven't been around for a while. This week I was away because my RAM crashed. :mad:
The thing is that I'm stuck in the tech tree. The attachment (stupidly called Second era.doc) should really be expanded to three eras. I'd love some input from you on this. The red names of techs are those I have icons for. Some of the techs are very tentative.

Argh, a dreaded RAM crash -still at least it wasn't you're hard drive. I've downloaded the tech tree at work so I'll have a look when I get home tonight. Doing the tech tree is one of the hardest jobs. I'm glad to see the fan base has expanded for this mod too (especially if it makes you work harder) :)

This tech tree design is a difficult business. I need to go home and swallow the books again but in the meantime here's a spreadsheet I knocked up. It's very rough at the minute so I need some guidelines for you what you want to see in each age:

Here's my thoughts on the ages - a bit off the wall and probably not what you had in mind but it may give you some ideas. If it sounds interesting to you I can flesh out the details.

Ancient: Age of Dragons.
The first inhabitants of Magnamund. The Dragons were demigods loyal to Kai who took upon themselves mortality in order to secure victory for the cause of Good. They lived in the oceans at the dawn of history. Naar sent False Dragons who mimicked the Sea Dragons' form and corrupted their society. Kai warned Nyxator of the danger who lead the remaining loyal Sea Dragons out of their ocean homes to build Cynx. They eventually lost their war with the False Dragons and were all destroyed with the exception of Nyxator.

You could include some mega units in this age that would later upgrade to useless units in the next age- so you could have sea dragons and that sort of thing which are only buildable for a short time.

Middle: Age of Agarash and Elder Magi.
Naar then sent Agarash to destroy the great dragon Nyxator. In 6700 MS, Agarash emerged from Naaros and conquered all of Southern Magnamund. He then created the Doomstones in mockery of the Lorestones. He used the Doomstones to create an army of Agarashi who devastated the face of Magnamund. Agarash destroyed Nyxator and stole the Lorestones.
All seemed hopeless for Ishir and Kai. They sent the Elder Magi to defeat Agarash and his followers. In a war that lasted a millenium, the Elder Magi recaptured the Lorestones and defeated Agarash. Agarash managed to hide the Doomstones before his death. After this is when humans start to appear.

Industrial: Age of Humans and Darklords
Ascent of human civs (sort of like a normal ancient to middle age civ game but with development of kai and dark lords).

Modern: Age of the Books
Set in time period of the books where you get bad guys coming to the fore and some climatic battles.

ps. have you seen this website?
http://www.lw-oasis.org/oasis-archive/study/tome/

Originally posted by KingArthur
This tech tree design is a difficult business. I need to go home and swallow the books again but in the meantime here's a spreadsheet I knocked up. It's very rough at the minute so I need some guidelines for you what you want to see in each age:
To begin with I don't see a realistic way to include the dragons and the agarashi, too much big powers included. So begin it with the ascent of man. The first age is already finished, see this link, which I posted earlier in the thread. Some of the techs in your tree are already included there (Military Training, for example).
The resources are decided already, the strategic ones are iron, horses, wolves, timber, Magic Nodes and Lore Stones. I wont have saltpetre as a resource, as only the dwarves would use it.
And I already said I veto plague nukes. :mad: ;)
You didn't include some of the techs I had in my Second Era.doc, is this because you think they should be in later eras, or because they are bad ideas, or did you plain forget them? :) :hmm:
This is the Second era document (renamed to Later tech tree, to avoid at least some confusion) and my Magnamund.xls, which is updated with some things I haven't posted before.
In the excel sheet I have unit lines, I want one unit line (both offensive and defensive) per era. This means for example that crossbows will be in the second era, and pikes in the third.
Ah, that's it for now, gotta eat dinner.

I thought I'll help this thread up from the second page. :)
I've started work on the techs again, using some techniques I've used for the LotM.
I still only have about 30 techs for the last three ages, just a bit more than in the first age.
King Arthur, I'm using most of your "Magic tech"'s names, though I'll make a new tree. ;)
Does anyone have a good tech name for making Vordaks? Would Necromancy work?

Good to see you breathing life into this thread again. I think Necromancy would work considering Vordaks are undead creatures. Here's a definition of them from the Magnamund Tome:

"Undead lieutenants of the Darklord armies. They are grey-skinned and skeletal in appearence (they do have flesh). They are able to use Mindforce to attack their enemies. They are spawned in Helgedad and when they die, they sometimes leave behind a gem of power known as a vordak gem. This gem is used to give "un-life" to these minions of Naar. "

The bit about the gem gives you scope to put them in another tech -Cristallology where you could also shoe-horn in Crystal Explosives. I like necromancy tho'

I thought I'll help this thread up from the second page. :)
I've started work on the techs again, using some techniques I've used for the LotM.
I still only have about 30 techs for the last three ages, just a bit more than in the first age.
King Arthur, I'm using most of your "Magic tech"'s names, though I'll make a new tree. ;)
Does anyone have a good tech name for making Vordaks? Would Necromancy work?

Originally posted by KingArthur
Good to see you breathing life into this thread again. I think Necromancy would work considering Vordaks are undead creatures. ... The bit about the gem gives you scope to put them in another tech -Cristallology where you could also shoe-horn in Crystal Explosives. I like necromancy tho'
Crystal Explosives will be 4th era, while Vordaks are 2nd era. So I'll put it at Necromancy. This will use Kindreds Skeleton, btw.
Now I just need a pedia icon. :)

I made pedia icons for Diplomacy (3rd age, enables ROPs and MPPs), Necromancy (2nd age, Vordaks) and Shadowgates(4th age, gives Daziarn Shadow Gate wonder).

Attachments

• diplomacy-necromancy-shadowgate.gif
    diplomacy-necromancy-shadowgate.gif
    38 KB · Views: 309
I like those.

I made pedia icons for Diplomacy (3rd age, enables ROPs and MPPs), Necromancy (2nd age, Vordaks) and Shadowgates(4th age, gives Daziarn Shadow Gate wonder).

Here are icons for Architecture (will give some wonder), a "Magic" tech that needs a name :))) and will give the Intelligence Center (which also needs a name), Slavery (a 2nd era tech for the Darklords only. I thought that it would double the worker rate. This way the Darklords will have a greater chance of really kicking some butt.) and an icon for Cloth Making (2nd era), which will make silk and cloth appear on the map. I have made it so that almost all resources need a tech, even if it only is Farming or Archery, or so.
Please post any name proposals. ;)
EDIT: Obsolete pic removed.

Here are icons for Architecture (will give some wonder), a "Magic" tech that needs a name :))) and will give the Intelligence Center (which also needs a name), Slavery (a 2nd era tech for the Darklords only. I thought that it would double the worker rate. This way the Darklords will have a greater chance of really kicking some butt.) and an icon for Cloth Making (2nd era), which will make silk and cloth appear on the map. I have made it so that almost all resources need a tech, even if it only is Farming or Archery, or so.
Please post any name proposals. ;)

Magic tech could be Divination or Psychomancy (these were the sixth sense abilities that a Kai or Magi respectively could possess). I guess if you had these sorts of powers you could conduct and direct spying activities. The Intelligence centre could just be called Divination Chambers / Towers. I can't think of much to put against the Architecture tech.

The tech will be called Divination, and the Int. C. Tower of Divination. :)
I have a "advanced trade" tech that will come in the Age of the Kai (aka 4th era) that will give the Coach Station (Stock Exchange), doubles wealth, and enables Trade Embargos. This needs a good name.
Also some general "Religious" tech names would be good.
I also need a name for the tech that gives the Darklords the "Ironclads". Should the ship be called Ironclad? What about the tech?

The tech will be called Divination, and the Int. C. Tower of Divination. :)
I have a "advanced trade" tech that will come in the Age of the Kai (aka 4th era) that will give the Coach Station (Stock Exchange), doubles wealth, and enables Trade Embargos. This needs a good name.
Also some general "Religious" tech names would be good.
I also need a name for the tech that gives the Darklords the "Ironclads". Should the ship be called Ironclad? What about the tech?

What about "Transcontinental Coach Network" or "Overland Trade Networks".

Ironclads was the name used in the book so it's fine to use that for the ship. The tech should be something that represents advanced shipbuilding and engineering: "Nautical Engineering", "Steel Shipbuilding", or summit like that.

Religious Techs. Let me think about that one but you could have things like "Cult Worship", "Organised Religion" is also fairly generic.

Just wanted you to know that I liked your map and I will eagery await the mod. Did you say it would be for C3C or PTW? if you did I missed it.

Thanks, tjedge1. :) The map has been modified a bit , since I posted it, but I probably won't post an updated version until the mod is ready. I think that the mod can be made as a .bix (it is a bix now), but I will probably post a .biq too, I want to add a Locked Alliance between Durenor and Sommerlund, and maybe redo the map, with both jungles and marshes. Any scenario should probably be a biq, as I would want the Darklords to be at war with a locked alliance of Sommerlund, Durenor, Dessi and Lencia (probably). And some added goodies. ;)
Your welcome to help me with the mod, if you want. ;)

KingArthur, I'm not really fond of those "Network" names, they don't have enough of a "fantasy feel", if you see what I mean. They don't have to be about the coaches, a "generic economic" name should do.
I think I'll use "Nautical Engineering". :)

Top Bottom