The World Turned Upside Down

I will give you the wag of the finger Argentina, because we the people of Nicaragua feel that it would be to the betterment to not to trade with the USA and instead trade with local Latin American nations. But it's your choice.

To Spain
From Nippon

We're interested in purchasing the Philippines for 1 IC. Its wealth, and possession, would be valuable to the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere, while it exists as a distant and vulnerable colony for Spain.

In South America the emerging power of Argentina with US support

We understand that you dislike America, but we owe them a debt of gratitude, and will not let Nicaragua disrupt our cooperation with them. As shown, we are doing a lot of trading with the Conservative Republics of South and Central America. What business have you telling us who we should trade with or not? We are a free country, but acting like this towards the USA and you might not be for long. We wish it will not be so, as we wish to see a strong and united South America. However, just because someone wishes something to happen does not mean it will. Just because you wish South America would unite against the USA does not mean we will. I urge you to reconsider your ways before you lose your soverignity. If the time comes, we will not support your military dictatorship who tried to tell us what to do.

To: Japan

We will never sell the Philippenes, Manila will always be the Gem of the Pacific!

To: Argentina

We will agree to your Accord if you support our claims on the coastal regions unlawfully occupied by Chile.

We will agree to alliance.

We do not find interest in alliance at this time.

To Argentina
From USA

It has always been the United States of America to help our South American cousins. We will concede to a trade agreement with your nation and begin talks (through PMs) for an alliance between our nations

Farow needs to post... Or I'll send orders for Germany.

Adding a new part of the stats now, this is Global Opinion, which reflects the way your nation is viewed by the average citizens of the world. An example of this would be the United States in RL modern day being "Abhorred"

Confirming the Congress of British Workers.

Global Opinion. That's a neato idea. :D

I know you all think Switzerland is boring...and I don't care! I like playing boring idealistic countries. Sue me. :E

Sorry Amon, but we could probably use your particular NESing skills for Dar-al-Islam or China

To: Council of Nations

The United States puts forth two resolutions for the Councils consideration.

Resolution 001-10- All nations of the world will agree to a code of conduct as to the treatment of prisoners of war. These codes would call for medical care equal to that of your own soldiers, appropriate quarters for captured soldiers, and a ban on torture. This will keep death on the battlefield and allow soldiers to know that they will not be mistreated because of whom they fight for. The Resolution would also call for limits on attacks of civilian targets. While collateral damage is inevitable in war, it is wrong for countries to target unarmed civilians. Nations not abiding these rules would face embargo, politcal pressure and possible military action from the Counicl

Resolution 002-10- Any nation which declares unprovoked war on another country will face economic sanctions from the Council.

USA votes Yea on both propositions and urges other countries on the Council that also wish to never again witness the horrors of the Great War do the same.

The HRE votes nay on the Resolution 001-10, it is an unfair rule that will be ignored by the barbarians of the world. This "retaliation" would never happen...what nation is going to fight for another nation's civilians? Time and time again we have seen this does not happen.

The HRE votes in favor the Resolution 002-10.

Argentina votes in favor of Resolution 001-10

Argentina abstains on Resultion 002-10 (this might change pending consideration)

France votes against Resolution 001-10

France votes yes on Resoulition 002-10

Eq, I don't get what you can spend your Public and Private Enterprise IC on.

Liberia votes Nay on both resolutions.

The Council of Nations has no place dictating the economic policies of the world. That should be for the Market to decided. We're here for peace, not illogical mandatory economic humbug!

@nuclear kid: you cant spend either public spending or private enterprise like military spending. Public spending can be used on great projects, like the ones we had in Eve of War. Private Enterprise affects the growth of your economy, the well-being of your people, and technological growth not related to the military.

@EQ, Is Germany's government similar to OTL government? I do realize that it is an absolute monarchy but the Reichstag still had some representation for the people even if the Kaiser ultimately held authority. If so what party controls the parliamant.

Top Bottom