Things You Are Afraid About Civ5

fdgsgds

Mustard Enthusiast
Mine is that the game's art makes the units look like cartoons or objects in a spore game.

What are you afraid about? Any expectations of yours you don't think they'll meet?

I'll have to buy a new computer and wont be able to afford one for about a year. That's it. Everything else seems great, including the graphics.

that the game is too positive.

the thing that got me interested in history is why large empires fall, the turnover of Civilizations, so to say. Now game play wise...no negative events, bad goody huts, etc...

the thing that got me interested in history is why large empires fall, the turnover of Civilizations, so to say. Now game play wise...no negative events, bad goody huts, etc...

This too. I want my civ to fall sometimes!!

Ding! Ding! I agree 100%

Now I know why the Art Director was going on about why he chose Art Deco for the game. He went on about how people don't like bad things to happen to them. Only good things and that people want to feel they are progressing.

I'm calling ciV the Shiny Happy People Civ. Don't worry, be happy! ;)

I'm calling ciV the Shiny Happy People Civ. Don't worry, be happy! ;)

I prefer this approach. At least they think about every aspect of game design, not just add features chaotically. And I'm totally ok if bad news come from rivals, not random events :)

I am really worried about social policies ! :cry:
That concept is a bit illogical. I hope it will fit very well in terms of gameplay so I don't feel that much.

I'm afraid we see a Civ IV rehash and that it will will take 3 major patches for the game to not have 1 h IBT in 1600 AD in a standart map while using a far above the minimum specs computer, like it did happened to me when Civ IV got out.

I'm afraid Civ5 will ruin my grades.

I'm worried that this edition will ruin the franchise like Mass Effect ruined BioWare RPG's.

I wasn't even going to comment, but you changed my mind. Mass Effect was a different kind of RPG, but that doesn't mean that it's ruined every other Bioware RPG that is to be released in the future (though Dragon Age 2 doesn't favor that). Don't like it? You can play Baldur's Gate, KotOR, Dragon Age: Origins, etc. I, personally, think we should embrace both extremes but encourage the advance of both.

Sorry, but I couldn't let a comment like that go unreplied. On topic, I think the game looks good so far.

Overall I'm really excited about the game, and I think it's good that they're not afraid to try out radical new ideas, however the two things worrying me are:

1) That the AI might not be able to handle the 1 unit per tile rule well (e.g. strategically laying out units in the best positions).

2) Hiding what AI civs think of you and (more importantly) why they like/dislike you. I think the transparency in civ 4's system worked really well, so hiding all this information from the player just sounds like a step backwards that would make diplomacy more frustrating & confusing.

I'm afraid we see a Civ IV rehash and that it will will take 3 major patches for the game to not have 1 h IBT in 1600 AD in a standart map while using a far above the minimum specs computer, like it did happened to me when Civ IV got out.

I agree. At the very end of 2009. I have improved my comuter, but I think that I will be able to play civ 5 max on medium, maybe on minimum. Those graphics are fantastic and blind me:scan:. I remember when with my comp, before improving, when I loaded scenario Road to War, I should watit 1 minute for every turn and there wasn't sound in game. I hope so:) that in modern age won't repeat that as before.

Top Bottom