Things you only just now realized

That i could click a tech that's still far away and the game would beeline to it. Instead of trying to do it manually.

And that was after approximately 1400 hours of civ 5. I'm serious.

What's even better than that, is you can then shift-click on another far away tech and it'll beeline to that one after the first one is finished. That helps a lot with RA overflow so it doesn't get wasted on a tech you don't really want as much.

That i could click a tech that's still far away and the game would beeline to it. Instead of trying to do it manually.

And that was after approximately 1400 hours of civ 5. I'm serious.

Your're not alone, I just realised the same thing last week...

That we never see the sky in Civilisation V.

This is philosophically depressing.

We never see the sun, only aim for achieving its glory. But we are still mere shadows of the sun.

Maybe Sun in Civ series is deep metaphore of God?

No, I didn't smoke anything, just random thoughts :lol:

2) If you right-click on an arrow in the WC screen, all your remaining votes will be added. This is very handy when you are going for a Diplo Victory and have 40+ votes. You only need to right click once on the up arrow and choose yourself rather than left clicking 40+ times.

This one destroyed me :lol:

My God... I was still clicking this damn button 40 times...

Units next to an enemy, including cities, should go on "Fortify" instead of "Alert" otherwise they wake up from "Alert" and lose their defense bonus.

That we never see the sky in Civilisation V.

This is philosophically depressing.

We never see the sun, only aim for achieving its glory. But we are still mere shadows of the sun.

Maybe Sun in Civ series is deep metaphore of God?

No, I didn't smoke anything, just random thoughts :lol:

Makes sense. Players are God and nukes are our babies. Sun God's even a really good Pantheon.

Units next to an enemy, including cities, should go on "Fortify" instead of "Alert" otherwise they wake up from "Alert" and lose their defense bonus.

That is not correct. When the unit wakes from alert, and you put it back on alert, it keeps its accumulated defense bonus.

But the bonus won't exceed 20%. if you want the full 40% fortify bonus, you need to fortify.

But the bonus won't exceed 20%. if you want the full 40% fortify bonus, you need to fortify.

Ahhh.... thanks for clearing that up.

Crap, I did not know that, and I thought I had read/experimented to the contrary. One more reason that fortify should not be on a submenu!

Does being fortified (for several turns) in a city make any difference as compared to the same unit just reaching the city on the turn it is attacked? With Tradition, and maybe some other SP, garrisoned cities are stronger, and stronger units seem to help city strength more than weaker units, but does alert versus fortify make a difference there?

Not strictly a 'just discovered' for me but this is such a useful thread I thought contributing this little tip would be helpful.

Let's say you have just founded a city, switch it to production focus and lock the available citizen to a high food yield tile. When the city grows, the actual between turn process handles city growth first and then production. What this amounts to is your newly popped 2nd citizen pulls in a turns worth of extra hammers during the turn the city grows. Free production!

I must note that I did not discover this and think the original source was these very forums but like I said, re-posting in this useful thread for all to see.

From now, until Civ x when I review this, this is how I will start all my cities.

Just remember to reassign the new citizen to a suitable food tile, or you will find yourself stagnating.

I didn't read through this whole thread (sorry) -- so I don't know if it has been stated already, but I just realized last night that Spains UA gives you double happiness for simply finding Natural Wonders also (+2 happy instead of +1, so if you find great barrier reef, it's +4). I previously thought the the bonus was only for NW within your borders. Not much, but a few extra happy can make a difference early.

Creating a beaker overflow of 255.000 by burning GS will break the game and set your current accumulated science beakers to the negative value of -255.000. So it is a hex value with only 256 possibilities, from zero to 255, right? (I have no clue about programming)

I just learned how to use properly the UA for France, damn this is quite powerful, I was +34 tourism, and in one strike I am +58. I still have a lot to learn it seems!

Top Bottom