This Thursday's live stream will be "special surprise". 2nd BE expansion maybe?

I don't see why not.

We saw Giant Death Robots and XCOM Squads in Civ 5.

Well, perhaps in the future era that could be possible, but not in the scale its presented here; players first city could be a water city on BERT, its hard to imagine floating cities that can move realisticly presented on Ancient era civilization. So even if they were added they only come in so late that they cant be as integral part of the game as in BERT.

As I recall, fans were not particularly happy with Giant Death Robots and XCOM squad units being included in civ5 because they felt they were too scifi and futuristic for a game that is supposed to end in the current era. Unless civ extends the game into future eras like Call to Power did, I don't see water cities fitting into the game.

Heh heh. Giant Death Robots indeed were not met with universal acclaim by the fans, Westwall's hyperbole aside. I built one in my very first playthrough of Civ V vanilla (as Babylon - pre-order bonus) and thought they were quite cool ins spite of the disapproval of the fans. IIRC, the name alone drew scorn ;)

I don't recall any fuss about XCom squads but that's because I was inactive on most boards when they were released because I was too busy with beta testing obligations elsewhere.

Well, perhaps in the future era that could be possible, but not in the scale its presented here; players first city could be a water city on BERT, its hard to imagine floating cities that can move realisticly presented on Ancient era civilization. So even if they were added they only come in so late that they cant be as integral part of the game as in BERT.

Yeah that's what I said. The tech would arrive at just the right time for added expansion.

Yeah that's what I said. The tech would arrive at just the right time for added expansion.

Actually the tech would arrive at the right time for the game to End.

GDR and XCom actually made sense gameplay wise, because they helped you finish a Domination game fast (similar to Globalization/Internet for Diplo/Culture) (X Com more so... when all you need is vision to get troops from any city on the world, makes for a fast elimination with Stealth)

I think founding and building up your first aquatic city could make for a cool new victory condition in Civ 6. But other than that... unless they decide that Civ 6 takes us far far into the future I don't see any actual gameplay validity for ocean cities. Anything that is "futuristic" must either directly contribute towards a victory - which founding new cities does not - or it will not be useful.

I think founding and building up your first aquatic city could make for a cool new victory condition in Civ 6. But other than that... unless they decide that Civ 6 takes us far far into the future I don't see any actual gameplay validity for ocean cities. Anything that is "futuristic" must either directly contribute towards a victory - which founding new cities does not - or it will not be useful.

I think it would be cool if they decided do create two new eras that tie the game with Beyond Earth, we have a Space Victory, we always had the other victories not really being.. "realistic" (World Leader, etc.) in time of their moments, why not have a proper victory that includes sending a Seedship. Cultural and other victories wouldn't suffer because they were "pushed down".

I'd like a Transhuman Era, it's always a cool thing, they clearly have no issue getting unrealistic (XCOM and GDR) so why not take it to the extreme? As long as the CPU can handle it I say extend the games by two new eras :mischief:

Top Bottom