Thread to Report Issues with new xenForo version 2.2

Now all Asiatic letters, but also all news are gone:

Asiatic letters and all news disappeared.jpg

Maybe it's just that some spambots got in?

Yes, some spam bots got in and it is all cleaned up now. Trying to figure out how deleted posts stayed on in the front page recent posts though?

Now even posts with Chinese (?) letters appear in the CFC homepage. Here are the screenshots of the homepage and the posts when clicked on the marked links in the homepage:

Homepage.jpg

1. Post.jpg

2.Post.jpg

3.Post.jpg

4.Post.jpg

Last edited:
It is bad, that it is not allowed to delete one´s email address to protect that address, when a hack of CFC is observed.

I'm not sure whether this has to do with Xenforo or is a separate issue, but on this page the formatting is displayed instead of rendered. There might be others; I haven't checked them all.
Please check 1-2 more, I need to know if this is a wide-spread problem.
And no, not a Xenforo issue, this part of the website runs on wordpress.
It is bad, that it is not allowed to delete one´s email address to protect that address, when a hack of CFC is observed.
We have not been hacked :)!
It is just spam. But in Chinese. Not different from spam in English or a regular poster posting in Chinese. Just annoying, but not inherently dangerous to anything.

Please check 1-2 more, I need to know if this is a wide-spread problem.
And no, not a Xenforo issue, this part of the website runs on wordpress.

We have not been hacked :)!
It is just spam. But in Chinese. Not different from spam in English or a regular poster posting in Chinese. Just annoying, but not inherently dangerous to anything.
I see the russian hackers succeeded in the misdirection part of the operation admirably :mischief:

Are you aware there are two cookie consent things, with different options? When you first visit you get the unavoidable lightbox that gives the option of rejecting all:

Spoiler Cookie consent lightbox :

After you get through that you get a cookie consent bar at the bottom of the screen with only Agree and Learn More:

Spoiler Cookie consent bar :

Weirdly, I seem to have the ability to select posts for moderation in the Archives subforum. I can't actually do anything, just select them, but still seems like unintended functionality.

Every post in this thread, for example, has a toggle box at the bottom left for selecting for moderation: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/random-rants.142607/

It's not just you. It's the same for me (wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it).

It's likely just a mistake with the usergroup permissions mask. The Retired Moderators were accidentally included when we shouldn't have been.

It's not like we can do anything in the active threads.

Weirdly, I seem to have the ability to select posts for moderation in the Archives subforum. I can't actually do anything, just select them, but still seems like unintended functionality.

Every post in this thread, for example, has a toggle box at the bottom left for selecting for moderation: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/random-rants.142607/

I can select them for moderation too, and i've never been a moderator

Top Bottom