Thread to Report Issues with new xenForo version 2.2

....er... you are sure that can only distinguish this in the grey theme?
Because in the default Civ6 theme it's blue-ish (normal thread) against yellow-ish (stickies).
In both the default Civ6 and the Modern themes, I see a background that is white in normal thread names and, if I look closely, a faintly yellowish offwhite for stickies. This is in both Firefox and Safari.

:think:
Okay... I really only want to make sure that we're all on the same side when we look at this.... could you (don't get me wrong please) have a look at these first: https://www.colorlitelens.com/ishihara-test.html ?
I passed the test that you sent me to. I am not color blind. :) I thnk that I found the problem. I am looking at the forum now with two different browsers. My old "out dated" Firefox and the latest release. On my old version the stickie yellow color is quite obvious and, now that you mention it, I see the faintest hint of blue, although I would call it extremely light gray, in the other thread labels. On the newest Firefox and the newest Safari, the colors are so faint as to be not noticeable. It appears that the programers for the browsers don't understand "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" and have screwed up the color rendering to suit their own personal preferences.

Site occasionally doesn't load, hangs while loading:
metrics‑collector-beta.s‑onetag.com
and
bidder.criteo.com
either says page cannot be found, or it reloads the ads and says done.

Still... curious.
Could you please attach a screenshot?
It turns out that the color problem is either due to the monitor on my newer Mac system or the MacOS version itself. When I took and viewed the screen shot on the newer system the yellow was nearly unnoticable. However, when I moved the screenshot to my older Mac, which is the one that I mostly use, the colors in the newer Foxrfire version screenshot looked fine. Due to a router failure, I was using the newer system while I awaited the delivery of my new router. I don't think I had visited CFC on the newer system before, so I thought there had been a change in the color of the stickies. I only use the newer system normally for sites that I can no longer access on the older system, since I dislike most of the "improvements" that have been made on the later OSes. Althuogh they now look the same on the older systeem, I am attaching both screen shots, labeled as to which version I was on when they were taken.

When I moved both screenshots to the newer system, the yellow again became nearly invisible. So, it is apparently a problem with the color rendering on the newer system's monitor.

Attachments

• Screen shot Firefox 48.02 2022-09-08 at 2.38.54 .png
    Screen shot Firefox 48.02 2022-09-08 at 2.38.54 .png
    173.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot Firefox 104.02 2022-09-08 at 14.42.49.jpg
    Screen Shot Firefox 104.02 2022-09-08 at 14.42.49.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 12
Glad this is solved and that you figured it out, not so glad that your monitor is basically broken :/. I hope you can find a cheap replacement :).

So, any decision on what will happen with "laughing reaction" trolling?
Since it's another feature that has gotten all sorts of geniuses enthused ;)

Glad this is solved and that you figured it out, not so glad that your monitor is basically broken :/. I hope you can find a cheap replacement :).
FWIW, I was able to use the color rendering software for the MacOS to tell it to use a modified definition of white, rather than the monitor's default. With the calibration change, the yellow now shows up fine and white still looks the same. So far, I have not noticed any other change in color appearance in various softwares.

Great to hear :).

So, any decision on what will happen with "laughing reaction" trolling?
Since it's another feature that has gotten all sorts of geniuses enthused ;)

Still under discussion. Sorry, I have a bit limited time at the moment :/.

Still under discussion. Sorry, I have a bit limited time at the moment :/.
It might actually be good there is no decision; laughing is also a reaction.
Either way, as I mentioned from the very start, the only problem would be acting differently in cases where the spirit is the same, so either allow all or none.
We all have to play by the rules, so as long as it is still undecided upon, it is still not trolling but "useful expression" or along those lines :yup:

In account details, if I click on my avatar it asks me if I want to upload a file to change it. This doesn't happen for you?
@Leif FWIW, I just changed my avatar that way without issue. There was no message about details not being editable for me.
Please try the suggestion in the top quote. Others have been able to change their avatars. It is not obvious that you must click on your existing avatar to bring up the change menu.

If you cannot get it to work, please start a conversation with me and I will look into your specific issue. Thanks.

Is anyone able to change their avatar post migration? I don't seem to have the option to, and a few others I've spoken to on this forum that have changed their avatars are unable to change it at this point in time also

No problems here.

Is CFC now hacked, too ? The recent forum posts now appear in Asiatic letters!

CFC  hacked, too.jpg

Top Bottom