Threads at the top of the forum?

Luckymoose

The World is Mine
I know they may seem important, but if there any reason they have to be permanent? I prefer the old notification system where the user can select to remove them from view. Why must all of these threads (2 by Cami and 1 by Chieftess) force my index finger to scroll my mouse wheel?

The other type of (removable) announcement has to be done by admins, and is kinda buggy (and I'm not sure how easy it is to effectively use BBCode and HTML in them; would likely be difficult to present information as clearly/neatly). The announcements that you're talking about are the ones that mods can put up. It's good to see they're noticeable, though; that's kinda the point of them after all. Also it's more convenient for those that don't want to dismiss them straight away, because if done the other, removable way, they'd take up far more space.

I know they may seem important, but if there any reason they have to be permanent? I prefer the old notification system where the user can select to remove them from view. Why must all of these threads (2 by Cami and 1 by Chieftess) force my index finger to scroll my mouse wheel?

Well the one by chieftess is specialized for AoG so it isn't too bad. I stopped caring about the other the second or two it took to read them and In AoG they do nothing but to increase the ridiculous amount of page space you have to scroll down past to actually read the subforum even longer (about a screen and a half down at 16x10 res). Another poor choice added to the pile.

EDIT: Also they abrely have any views too, 188 for the first and 250 for the 2nd one.

I just find them annoying and unimportant. If anything they shouldn't be forum wide announcements.

Top Bottom