Time to backslash all negative things about HK in one megathread... so Civ 7 won't pick those up...

Lazy sweeper

Prince
Add screenshots if you can.

War Support - every single bit of it - from not allowing you to start a war, to end a war in the middle of your campaign (making you lose, most of the time)

UI - It's just terrible

Leaders settings - You can't mute them, you can't make them static, they will eat your vram, and keep talking. It's annoying beyond relief.

Roads - they are just there, somehow, nobody knows why or how they got there. Perhaps a race of Aliens built them ahead of times.

Districts resource scaling - no workers . To build farms, or any other district, stability will go down. And then you can't build nothing anymore. It take ages to build up any district unless
you haven't started with Egypt>Maya>Aztec>Khmer and pushed Industrial districts in an infinite loop, and newer cities, starting from zero in a new age, will just get ages to build just any kind of district,
and you need farms to grow your cities... They cost too much, and after a while it's not fun to have to micromanage everything. Old school civ workers could just build farms non stop and the only thing to worry about was protecting them from barbarians... this is the single most annoying thing to me in HK.

No minimap or strategic maps - the game will stutter no matter your hw config, vram, etc. both M2 mac and PC.

Building queue - downright impossible to rearrange, cursor never follows your directions, the icons slips away when you try to drag them to rearrange the queue... it's just broken and never has been fixed

Sieges - you wait for your siege ballistas to builds up, whilst starving the sieged city population, and you you are defending, you can't send reinforcement to your city under siege.
Walls upgrades only work in one hex, unless you add defensive districts all around. Palisades, then stone walls, dont get any visual help on the map snf most of the units, except chariots, go over the walls as if they weren't there. Every archer unit can bombard units inside a walled city, so with a few - two archer units, it's possible to kill every single defender, without even launching an assault.
It's risible, and when more powerful ranged units come into play, it only gets worse. The different heights of the map, don't make any difference, and walls should act as a height layer, but they don't.
Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 04.26.02.png

Fame - I have to compete with both 'AI collecting all the stars in an age' and 'AI beelining to the next age'. I have to keep age advance pace for military competence but getting enough fame isn't really feasible. In the end, I am forced to eliminate the biggest rival.

Combat - Some people really like it, I don't. AI is braindead and whole process is just a simple grind. And I have to go through this chore as I wrote above, I am forced into war.

Top Bottom