Time to clean house!

I like having necromancy as a dead-end, since it forces a choice from "good" nations: Do I really need this? In my current game as the Luichurp I haven't bothered researching it, I'll make do without free skellingtons.

As for the other techs, even just making them prereqs for the mage tower techs makes them worth it IMO.

Think about cutting:

1. Tavern building (but keeping it as a Grigori specific building).
2. Fermentation tech (combining with agriculture).
3. Saboteur unit (combining with the shadow).

What do you guys think?

I never build Taverns or saboteurs and research fermentation only if I have wine nearby or it takes 1-2 turns way late in the game. Sounds good to me.

I like Taverns as they provide a good, and well needed boost for the commerce (+25% Trade Route Yield, 1 Trade route).
Maybe we move the effect with another not so fine building. I'l propose something when i'm back at the buildings.

Sabotouer, throw it out.

Do we have a real spiing unit in the meanwhile (no attack capability)?
Fermentation? Move the brewery and wine a bit up i think. I'll have to look at the tree later to propose a good place (agriculture already provides a lot of usefull things, we should spice up other techs for the AI).

Can't we combine Taverns and Inns? Also, can you add bonuses onto pre-existing buildings after a tech is researched? Maybe combine those 2 buildings, but with another tech it gains the bonuses from the obsoleted building?

Maybe branching off of Agriculture you could have several dead end techs that the player could research depending on what happiness resources he has nearby. That way he could avoid techs if they would be of no use. Off the top of my head I can't think of any other than wine though so it might be an uber-dumb idea.

I agree with cutting the fermentation tech, but I agree with Chalid that it should be tacked on to another tech than agriculture, perhaps trade or something similar?

Cutting the Saboteur let us remove the Espionage tech and the Hidden Court building. Yummy.

Maybe move the brewery building and winery improvement to crafting?

Crafting is good. As it is, it's a useless tech.

Should we increase the amount of shadows to 6 now that we dont have saboteurs?

Noooooooooooo. I liked the advanced temples (well some of them). There are other things I'd rather cut (the monastary thing is a good idea). I don't find them too confusing because no choice comes up until you've expanded a bit and no which route you want. It also served to differentiate the flavor of the religions. It allowed sort of role playing, with me choosing the insane OO for the doviello, and the slaving OO for the balseraphs.

Oops i didn't bother to read this thread even though I should have. Saaboteurs cut? Sure. Maybe the balseraph Puppeteer could be a beastmaster then, I get the feeling that he could control beasts easily. (see my suggestions in the Design:units thread)

Top Bottom