FfH version 1.10b

I first encountered Spearmen too, but it seems the level of barbarian activity has been drastically lowered. Perhaps it's because I played on standard for this game(usually I play on large), but still, I only saw 1 Orc barbarian approaching my borders, and he even turned back again. I did find a barbarian settlement though.
Frequency of animals and monsters seem to be fine, but actual barbarians were few and far between.

I think I found one rather weird bug, playing as the Sheaim it gives me the option of building a Bannor palace, but only in one of my cities.

Sometimes my casters wouldn't get new spells when I upgraded them, but I assume this is because not all spells are added yet.

I experienced one issue with lingering summons, a Nightmare staying put for a second turn before disappearing.

Some of the text seems to be rather jumbled together in a lot of the menus.

Still, it's great to play with the new spell system, I've always been a huge fan of magic and mages, and know they are finally getting true power and versatility. I still get overwhelmed by the menu with all those spheres to choose from.

Frequency of Reagents seemed good, in many of my earlier FFH games I have been very frustrated when wanting to play a magic focused Veil civilization, only to find myself reagentless, but in this game I've found 3 reagents in or near my own territory, on a standard map. I've only seen one mana node yet, though, and it's in the possession of my neighbours the Kuriotates. I'm on very good terms with them so I'm quite reluctant to attack and grab it. However, they recently rejected my generous offer of a permanent alliance, and furthermore they've turned their backs on the mighty and all-powerful Ashen Veil to go play with some whiny old elves hiding in forests. I think it IS time to make the attack after all:)

Good point about the barbs. I saw plenty of animals, but only 1 orc spearman and 1 horseman. And it isn't because the land is overpopulated. For turn 270 there is a ton of land still available.

Corlindale said:
I first encountered Spearmen too, but it seems the level of barbarian activity has been drastically lowered. Perhaps it's because I played on standard for this game(usually I play on large), but still, I only saw 1 Orc barbarian approaching my borders, and he even turned back again. I did find a barbarian settlement though.
Frequency of animals and monsters seem to be fine, but actual barbarians were few and far between.

Imteresting, I will check it out.

I think I found one rather weird bug, playing as the Sheaim it gives me the option of building a Bannor palace, but only in one of my cities.

You're right, a few civs had the bannor palace instead of their own. I fixed them.

Sometimes my casters wouldn't get new spells when I upgraded them, but I assume this is because not all spells are added yet.

Yeap, once all of the spells are added this shouldnt be the case.

I experienced one issue with lingering summons, a Nightmare staying put for a second turn before disappearing.

The Sheaim have the "Summoner" trait. This allows their summoned units to stick around for 3 turns instead of 1.

Some of the text seems to be rather jumbled together in a lot of the menus.

Check the updated gamefont files I linked above to fix this.

Still, it's great to play with the new spell system, I've always been a huge fan of magic and mages, and know they are finally getting true power and versatility. I still get overwhelmed by the menu with all those spheres to choose from.

Frequency of Reagents seemed good, in many of my earlier FFH games I have been very frustrated when wanting to play a magic focused Veil civilization, only to find myself reagentless, but in this game I've found 3 reagents in or near my own territory, on a standard map. I've only seen one mana node yet, though, and it's in the possession of my neighbours the Kuriotates. I'm on very good terms with them so I'm quite reluctant to attack and grab it. However, they recently rejected my generous offer of a permanent alliance, and furthermore they've turned their backs on the mighty and all-powerful Ashen Veil to go play with some whiny old elves hiding in forests. I think it IS time to make the attack after all:)

:D I increased the chance of finding mana nodes. We will have to figure out how common/rare we want them to be.

The Sheaim have the "Summoner" trait. This allows their summoned units to stick around for 3 turns instead of 1

Ah, I knew I should have done my research better. I even specifically chose a civ with that trait to check it out...:rolleyes:

Ok, THIS time I think I've found an actual bug. The Great Library does not give 2 free sages, it merely allows 2 sages. I hope that isn't how it's supposed to be.

Corlindale said:
Ok, THIS time I think I've found an actual bug. The Great Library does not give 2 free sages, it merely allows 2 sages. I hope that isn't how it's supposed to be.

:eek:

I hope this isn't true as well. I'm close to building one in my game so I'll be able to check soon.

Corlindale said:

K, I switched it from 2 sages to 2 free sages.

Yippee!

I think that was the reason I never tried real hard to build it. Now it's a nice Wonder.

Chalid said:
You might want to switch
Code:
<bFlatlands>0</bFlatlands>
to 1 for Mana. right now it appears only on hills.

Awesome, will do.

Corlindale said:

Ahh.. your right. This is a side effect of letting the animals stick around. Since the barbarians (which inlcudes animals) has an upper limit as to how many can be in the game at once but letting the animals stick around the barbarians got squeezed out. Trying to fix it now.

Chalid said:
After pillaging Magic nodes a mana resource of the specific kind remains. So you can only rebuilt an node of that kind.

Good point, Ill have a pillage set it back to a base mana node.

Any plans on redoing the mana resource? Roland or anyone? For now steal something from the Moon mod. :D

Is it hardcoded that when you "capture" an animal it still says "you Hunter has destroyed a lion"?

woodelf said:
Any plans on redoing the mana resource? Roland or anyone? For now steal something from the Moon mod. :D

With nif viewer i think i can do something that look "magical"

C.Roland said:
With nif viewer i think i can do something that look "magical"

Beautiful. I can't wait to see your magic! As I still have yet to build a node...are they a new improvement or a Vanilla one?

I think the AI has some trouble dealing with mana nodes. I had some units stationed outside the Kuriotates border for...ahem...peaceful reconnaisance purposes, and they were within view of their mana node. The thing was, they did have an Adept atop the mana node, but all he did was stand there, and kept standing there until i "removed" him about 50 turns later. It's like the AI has understood that it needs to get Adepts to mana nodes, but not what to do about the nodes then. I don't assume nodes are supposed to take +50 turns to build.

Corlindale said:
I think the AI has some trouble dealing with mana nodes. I had some units stationed outside the Kuriotates border for...ahem...peaceful reconnaisance purposes, and they were within view of their mana node. The thing was, they did have an Adept atop the mana node, but all he did was stand there, and kept standing there until i "removed" him about 50 turns later. It's like the AI has understood that it needs to get Adepts to mana nodes, but not what to do about the nodes then. I don't assume nodes are supposed to take +50 turns to build.

Did you change the iWorkrate for Adepts? I can't remember what thread it was stated in that Kael didn't set it to a workable number. Let me check...

edit - check here Corlindale: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=3894159&postcount=67

Top Bottom