Time to go into 'Steam Offline' mode.....

Sherlock

Just one more turn...
There's got to be a patch coming to fix the slow turn problem and maybe for some other fine tuning.

Going on past experience it will likely break save games.

I've gone into 'Steam offline' mode so I can finish my game before patching.

You can just disable patching in the Steam Library until you're ready. Offline mode won't alway prevent patching (sometimes does it in background). Only way to guarantee no patch is too unplug your internet after launching the game or disable patching in the Library.

Patching won't break save games unless there is something with your PC.
The patches fix stuff, and I'd recommend backing it up.

Patching won't break save games unless there is something with your PC.
The patches fix stuff, and I'd recommend backing it up.

Really? You must not have seen the Gandhi of America threads then ...

Really? You must not have seen the Gandhi of America threads then ...

Hahaha... there was a patch before the release of GaK that turned my game as Mongolia into my game as Babylon. All my Keshiks had turned into great generals, and my one great general, Genghis Khan, had turned into a regular horseman. My happiness and gold was all screwed up.

Patches break games all the time in Civ V. In fact, in some other games, even fixing a minor issue will completely ruin your savegames and make them unloadable. I don't know where you got this idea that patches will leave your saved games alone unless there's something wrong with your PC of all things.

Most patches haven't broken saved games (the last one did, but it was a pretty major patch), so it's probably not necessary.

Yeah, found that out from modding core files. If you add a new unit/line it messes up everything after it in save games.

So when I was dinking around with adding a combat engineer I had to stick him at the end of the list cause if I stuck him right after settler all my workers became swordsmen and my swordmen became spahis and other hijinx ensued...

When they patch they tend to add stuff to the files and not always at the end which can make savegames FUBAR.

There's got to be a patch coming to fix the slow turn problem and maybe for some other fine tuning.

Going on past experience it will likely break save games.

I've gone into 'Steam offline' mode so I can finish my game before patching.

Going on my past experience with patches, one and only one game got affected out of the several patches that have been issued and the hundreds of games played. So, based on that experience, there is little reason to do anything out of the ordinary. I've blown many more games than that all on my own for any number of reasons.

Maybe we have different experiences. How many games have you had clobbered because of patches?

If it makes you feel better do it. But it seems somewhat of an over-reaction to me.

Considering I dink with the core files, all of my save games get clobbered when they patch. Heh... but that's my own fault because I don't like the pace of the standard game...

Is there any news about when this slowness during turn change is going to be patched? After installing G&K my game went from slow to nearly unplayable :( I don´t understand why really since the game is still the same.

Top Bottom