1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to think about the second expansion?

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Manifold, Jan 10, 2018.

1. ThunderLizard2

ThunderLizard2 Chieftain

How about fixing the GD AI? Or opening up the code so modders can fix the AI? Adding extra fluff and features is the wrong focus until the basic combat and civ management AI code is fixed. Why add new civs? This is stuff that should be open for modders to do as adding extra flavor and spice is what I expect from modders. What I want from 2K/Firaxis is a game that works.

Manifold likes this.
  2. Phrozen

Phrozen Chieftain

Going with the X and Y naming convention: Profit and Loss.

3. Naktis

Naktis Chieftain

Next expanssion prob gonna hit at around late Spring or Summer of 2019 so I think a bit to early for that , aslo didnt even tried out Rise and Fall yet nobody so even more reason for... Arishok "NO"

4. Greywulf

Greywulf Chieftain

There are a couple of things I would like included in the game, and the sooner the Devs hear about it, the better. I would say it's not too early to begin.

I have already posted up separate threads to discuss ideas that I especially want to see in the game, but don't appear to be included in this expansion. These are those ideas...

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/vassalage.626194/

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/barbarians-are-people-too.626206/

Hopefully the Devs will at least get to see these ideas, and hopefully also consider them. If they do not add them into the game then, I respect that, as it is their game after all ~ and besides, I don't know how difficult it would be to add them. I just want them to see these 2 ideas and really consider them.

Manifold and TahamiTsunami like this.
  5. Draco84

Draco84 Chieftain

It's never too early to start planning for the next project.

Few things I would like to see.

a. Barb camps become barb cities after a certain amount of time (assuming legal placement), these cities will not produce warmonger penalties when attacked, will only produce units, ignoring resource requirements and at reduced cost

b. Fix district discount for placing immediately but not building
    (Recommend cost increases relative to new district any turn it is not actively being built)
    example, at standard speed, every turn you have placed a district but are not actively building it, the district hammers remaining would increase by 5% of the difference between this district drop cost and a new district cost (so if it was 100 originally, and would be 200 now, the remaining hammers increases by 5 per turn until it catches up)

c. Allow removal of districts at a cost

d. Allow destruction of strategic and luxury resources (is already available in a mod), or allow farming/mining etc. (Civ4) over resources without claiming the resource

e. Allow 2 Military units per tile, Max one melee, melee units take the first hit, reduce melee strength for ranged units significantly. This should help the AI

f. Allow builder auto build, not very efficient, but late game I'd rather they just clean up my cities. Priority is nearest strategic, nearest luxury, any strategic, any luxury, nearest city prioritization (if your governor is food focused, builders work on farms, production, mines). Likely this is what the AI is already doing.

g. Allow City Governor (Give AI full control) good for the last hundred turns or so when you don't really care what your small cities are up to.

h. Capitulation, Allow a civ to capitulate, once done, the capitulated civ can not declare war on and has permanent (one way) alliance (can not denounce) and offers fair trades, bringing a civ back into the game automatically causes capitulation of that civ. note, Capitals are considered conquered for capitulated civ's if any are still owned.

i. Flipping tiles, Loyalty allows tiles to revert to neutral ownership, Wonders and Districts are immune.

Curious if I'm the only one with these desires.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    Manifold likes this.
  6. Manifold

Manifold ModderProtectionAdvocate

There was also the speech of an improvement in the late game.

Especially of the 20st century. I can remember that very well.

That means Cold war and 007:smoke:

There are some arguments in favor of a Soviet Civ.

7. kerrigan1603

kerrigan1603 Chieftain

I personally would like to see two things-An Enlightenment Era and Future Era-related units & buildings.

Something that would introduce and focus on units and buildings like Line Infantry,Grenader, bring back Giant Death Robots & Xcom Units, introduce units that would seem like something out of The Civ V Superpowers mod, Clone Factroy, Clone Workers, Gene Therapy Clinics, bring back The Cure For Cancer, Remotely Manned Terminators, SuperComputers, Sci-Fi Style Infantry, Orbital Laser Cannons, Quad Pod Helicopters, Special Forces Units, Cyborg Support Units, CyberWarfare, Powered Armored Units, Domed City Force-Field Shields.

Basically something right out of mods such as, Enlightenment Era Mod, Renaissance Revisited Mod, Beyond The Future Mod, Future Worlds Mod.(Seriously?! I can't be the only one who misses The Giant Death Robot & Xcom Units?)

I apologize if this post is too big.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    Manifold likes this.
  8. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

I hope to see much better and expanded diplomacy:
    - More logical AI diplomacy decisions.
    - Special diplomatic agreements that you can "sell" that grant bonuses (similar to Beyond Earth).
    - More interactive dialogue.
    - More demand choices.
    - Revamped warmongering mechanic.

Manifold likes this.
  9. Vahnstad

Vahnstad Chieftain

That would be very convenient for the sluggish late-game gameplay.

I want:
    - climate change
    - world congress
    - enhanced diplomacy system (should be way more options)
    - add a promotion on certain units to be able to embark on ocean tiles (i think you shouldn't been able to embark with all your units on ocean tiles), but specialize them if you need to do that. Maybe units built in a city with a harbor AND an encampment can get the promotion for free?
    - add enhanced colonial and trade mechanics, with addition of maybe trade ports / trade centers that can be built by civs. I want the importance of trade cities like Venice, Constantinople and name it to be simulated in civs where some civs benefit from trade and others less, and to give some civs an actual reason to colonize, and not to just fill out the map or because the A.I. likes to forward settle on the weirdest places ever.
    - better map generation, more variety, more dense and broader jungle, terra. Civ 4 did this right
    - corporations
    - enhanced ideology / politics system and more ideological pressure

Manifold likes this.
  10. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Chieftain

I like the natural disasters option.

To pair with natural disasters, I want an energy/carbon mechanic added, and Energy Grid district available in atomic era. Buildings would be:

• Recycling Center
    • Biorefinery
    • Hydro Dam (near river, lake, or ocean tile), Windmill (on hill, plains, or near mountain), Geotherm Pump (tundra, snow, or near volcano), Solar Park (in desert, grassland)
    Add some more visible appeal effects that relate to pollution and preservation.

I also like the Hospital idea. Come to think of it, public services don't exist yet. Maybe another district could be formed around that. Public Works:

• Police Station - mitigates crime
    • Hospital - mitigates disease
    • Fire Station - mitigates disaster
    • School - mitigates ignorance :p

Manifold likes this.
  11. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

The effects of natural disasters are much more devastating during a Dark Age and could end a Golden Age.

However, surviving a natural disaster could lead to a minor Heroic Age.

For example, in 2017, Houston was devastated by Hurricane Harvey, causing the Houston Astros baseball team to relocate some of their home games and a few months later, the Astros won the World Series.

Manifold likes this.
  12. Draco84

Draco84 Chieftain

Civ 1 had pollution, ànd recycling centers/ mass transit, hydro dams and global warming destroying tiles.

Wouldn't mind seeing that return

Manifold likes this.
  13. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

One of the policy cards in Civ VI is "Public Transport."

14. Phrozen

Phrozen Chieftain

I am telling you Profit and Loss.

Introduce corporations, manufactured luxuries, mixed districts, and colonies.

Civs:
    -Mali
    -Portugal
    -Swahili
    -Turks
    -Maya
    -Inca
    -Comanche
    -Sweden
    -Vietnam

Alt leaders:
    -Khrushchev for Russia
    -Philip Augustus for France
    -Isabella for Spain
    -Senusret III for Egypt
    -Johan de Witt for Netherlands

Wonders:
    Oost-Indisch Huis
    Huaca del Sol
    Vierzylinder (Just remove the BMW logo) if not than the Chrysler Building.
    Yankee Stadium(Old one)
    The Louvre
    Lanterna di Genoa

Manifold likes this.
  15. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Chieftain

Ooooooooo that's a hot take. I love it.

I mostly like the list for this expack, although there are nine civs. I would always cut Vietnam first, on this and every list.

If you really wanted to make this "economic big guy" themed like R&F was "scrappy little guy" themed, I would recommend swapping out Inca, Comanche (and Vietnam) for Chola and Colombia. Or if not Colombia, a big baity civ that has nothing to do with the theme like Mongolia was in R&F: Babylon/Akkadia I think would work. Morocco and Polynesia would also fit with this theme, but I doubt they'd add more than two naval civs in an expack. But I can get my Sayyida al Hurra plug in for the day.

I really want Magaret of Denmark, but I don't want Denmark in over Sweden. I would love it if they would make her an alt leader for both Norway and Sweden.

Lanterna di Genoa is a must-have, that way we can get Venice and Genoa representation without needing either to be an actual civ.

I like all of the others, except Vierzlyinder. I almost get it; it's representing the autobahn and Schengen agreement. I just feel like there has to be a better way to represent that than BMW.

16. Phrozen

Phrozen Chieftain

It would more likely have to do with corporations since it is BMWs corporate headquarters. It just looks really cool, designed to look like a four cylinder engine and all. That is why the Chrysler Building or Willis (formerly Sears) Tower would also work.

17. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Chieftain

Oh, well I think it would be weird to represent only one specific corporation if that's your aim. One WTC or Burj Khalifa would probably be better options for that.

Or really, one of the oil skyscrapers like Petronas or Gazprom towers.

General Motors is probably even a better representation of the auto industry, although BMW does look like an engine...

18. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

My objectives for XP2:

1) Improve Diplomacy, add diplo victory
    2) Improve Religion
    3) Expand relations and provide additional options re: city-states and barbarians, maybe goody huts too. Possibly add nomads.
    4) Make the late game less of a slog

Guandao likes this.
  19. Phrozen

Phrozen Chieftain

The old GM HQ was rather plain and nondescript. The new one is flashier but still pretty boring it doesn't have the awesome modern design of the Vierzylinder or the classic art deco design of the Chrysler Building.

20. steveg700

steveg700 Chieftain

I know it's a tired subject, but as long as I can sit right next to Montezuma with twice as many luxuries and half the military, yet he continues to dance impotently outside my borders without the gumption to come at me, then even the first expansion shouldn't enjoy much mindshare.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018