1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to think about the second expansion?

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Manifold, Jan 10, 2018.

1. TahamiTsunami

TahamiTsunami Chieftain

I don't know if its been suggested yet but, and I'd think this would be a diplomatic feature, I'd want to be able to make boundary/territory agreements with another civ. The screen for this could look like the Tile Purchase screen but you'd be picking which tiles from your territory that you'd be willing to give or tiles you'd be willing to take from an enemy's territory. This could also be done with territories neither of you own yet but you would like to draw a line in the sand to agree on who can own which tiles in a specific spot. For example, the defeated leader can offer tiles they have that are on the other side of a river or mountain range that they can't defend as easily but they'd still rather not hand over the whole city.

2. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

That would be interesting for Franklin Pierce.

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  3. WDVINCO

WDVINCO Chieftain

I don't know a name but I do have a few leaders in mind:
    1. Atahualpa of the Incas
    2. Attila of the Huns
    3. Zenobia of Palmyra
    4. Mansa Musa of Mali
    5. Boudica of the Celts
    6. Maria Theresa of Austria
    7. Hannibal of Carthage
    8. Kristina of Sweden
    9. David of the Hebrews

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  4. Nalain

Nalain Chieftain

I think trading have to be updated. Destination city's owner should get some small bonuses too. That is just nonsence only one civ get the benefit of a road.

Natural event and diplomatic victory are good idea too.

5. cinattra

cinattra Chieftain

I would like an in game reminder "pop up" that you can set for yourself. I play multiple games so it would be cool to have a way to remember what the heck I was thinking after I have been a few days away from a game. You can set it based off of a specific turn number or specific turns. And maybe a notes page where you can type notes to yourself.

6. moors

moors Chieftain

I want the game to allow for more personal feelings and live and make a story. For example you may be making decisions for the personal life of the ruler which may have consequences. You may be making political decisions about the country in a storied style. You may be making some decisions about other important people for the country.

Other than that many good suggestions here.

I also would like to see Turkey and Al-Andalus.

7. moors

moors Chieftain

8. darkace77450

darkace77450 Chieftain

If I'm being honest I'll say that, for me, the Emergency system was a complete failure. The AI just isn't good enough to make them interesting, and that in turn means their impact on the late game is negligible. They're not a worthy successor for a WC/UN, in my opinion. I hope the next expansion actually gives us the World Congress and Diplomatic Victories. I understand a lot of people felt DVs were poorly implemented in Civ5, but I'll remind you that improvements can be made (see: Cultural Victories in vanilla Civ5 vs CVs in BNW).

acluewithout likes this.
  9. TahamiTsunami

TahamiTsunami Chieftain

Even though I'm definitely very happy with Rise and Fall and its new features, I can't help but excitedly wonder what the next expansion will be like! Someone on these forums suggested 'Gold and Glory' as a name and once I heard it I couldn't help but think of some ideas for it to be a fun expansion pack with a similar layout (4 returning civs, 4 new civs, and 1 alt leader) to Rise and Fall. As the name 'Gold and Glory' implies, much of its focus would be on the economic side of things like corporations, trade, corruption, etc. though of course the sooner we can get diplomatic victories the better!

Gold and Glory

Returning Civs:

Mali - Having the richest empire and richest person in this pack is a no-brainer.
    Inca - It sounds like the rulers wore as much gold as they could!
    Ottoman - Its easy to imagine that they would have the Bazaar as a UD to replace the Commerical Hub.
    Iroquois - I don't know if they were particularly rich among the Native American groups but they (like the Cree) were important trade partners and I can imagine that they had at least some wealth considering the power they had.

New Civs:

Muisca - They probably would've agreed with the Inca fashion!
    Madagascar - With Ranavalona I as the leader, perhaps they could have some interesting abilities such being able to stop foreign trade routes to their lands, etc.
    Romania - Vlad the Impaler may be more famous for his cruel acts and fights with the Ottomans, but he is also remembered for fighting corruption and wanting to revitalize the economy.
    Yakutia/Sakha - Definitely a much more surprising choice (and I could easily see having this one replaced with a different civ) but it sounds like at least some of their wealth was based on mining gold and silver.

Alt Leader:

Senusret III of Egypt - He would be an awesome leader to see and it seems like just about everything in Egypt was doing well under his reign!

10. MAHRana

MAHRana Chieftain

Well apart from the obvious civs like Mali, Inca, Ottomans etc. (though I'd still like to see Polynesia) what will totally make the expansion worth it for me would be historical victories based on fulfilling a set number of criteria. Perhaps it will only be accessible for the human players but it would be something I'm sure we'd all appreciate loads!

11. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

It would be great to have more Rhyes & Fall mechanics to Rise and Fall.

12. TyrannusRex

TyrannusRex Chieftain

Personally, I'd like some DLC packs before they drop the second expansion in a year or two.

Also, would it be possibly to have tournaments in Civ? Competitive play for this game is something I'd actually be interested in.

13. Cordell

Cordell Chieftain

More diplomatics options.
    -Possibility to create puppets/Vassal/Dominion/new Civ/(like grant independance in civ 4)/new city states.
    -Civil Wars(with direct or indirect support from another civ)
    -World Congress/events
    Migration mecanics( based on amenity).