To Patch or Not To Patch

If that was the case why say that the pause is for the patch?
Well it's not entirely unrelated... if smokey was able to login we probably have been able to do our turn already.

We've only got 2 turns players with 3.17 at the moment we have problems whenever we need extra detail to be reported back on the turn and/or turnplayers (namely myself) are less available due to RL.

I can login to pause the game in time but won't have time to finish the turn unless I want to miss a dinner appointment and get murdered by my wife (and you should see the RNG rolls she gets! :eek:). So we may as well patch now if Dave can do it. Otherwise we probably only need to pause for a few hours.

I said pause to patch because that might give us time to discuss wha we need to discuss as well. So since evryone finally agreed to patch I thought we might combine it.

I can login to pause the game in time but won't have time to finish the turn unless I want to miss a dinner appointment and get murdered by my wife (and you should see the RNG rolls she gets! :eek:). .

:run: Definetly go to dinner. :goodjob: My wife would also get those rolls... and that is ayng something given SANCTA's poor RNG performance.

So we may as well patch now if Dave can do it. Otherwise we probably only need to pause for a few hours.

I still think a couple hour pause is better and then patching after MS does that next turn. That way it is easy for Dave to coordinate. (and doesn't have the issue I raised before that part of your turn has been done)

BTW 1 Hour left better get in there and actually pause the game :)

Not trying to be a Sancta "homer", but Memphus makes a good point about patching at the start of a new turn. There are significant changes in the patch, and all teams should play by the same "rules" for the given turn if at all possible.

If Kaz wants a pause, that is totally there prerogative.

thanks for pausing Memphus - I got in with 35mins to spare :)

I made a couple of small moves but the 'big ones' still need to be decided upon (you know what I'm on about ;) )

I made a couple of small moves but the 'big ones' still need to be decided upon (you know what I'm on about ;) )

Really? well my vote (as if it mattered) is to retreat. Unless you have prayed to the same gods we did? ;)

The truth is we have a man in Kazakhstan sacrificing a bunch of chickens right now, and we won't be able to get a report on those entrails until sometime tomorrow.

So far burning tortoise shells and throwing the I-Ching has not worked out too well. So we really need accurate results from those chicken livers.

I guess I am a little confused as to why we can not patch and then reload the turn???:confused: It seems that no one would be affected.

There is absolutelly no reason to hold patching right now. The changes in the patch will not affect anything...I don't know what Ronnie or Memphus think are the "important" changes that will affect this turn?

There is absolutelly no reason to hold patching right now. The changes in the patch will not affect anything...I don't know what Ronnie or Memphus think are the "important" changes that will affect this turn?

There is lots of important things the patch will affect this turn.

IMO even if Kaz hadn't moved units / done items of there turn SANCTA would ask a 1 turn grace period to allow for adjustments to the patch.

I.E. a Simple (ideally from a mod): Ok all teams have voted to approve the patch, upon ending turn 117 the game will go to version 3.19.

There is lots of important things the patch will affect this turn.

Can you give an exempel.
I remember the DG I read at Aloha, the patch change the value of our Kosaks, but now I 've not hear anything like that.

Example: overflow gold trick that SANCTA might be exploiting (so could MS, Saturn, and Cav).

I agree all teams should play a turn under the same rules; But I don't see the need for a grace period, especially when the patch's been about for that long.

Sorry for the long holdup - let's patch once this turn is over. It will be easier for us if we can do so.

Example: overflow gold trick that SANCTA might be exploiting (so could MS, Saturn, and Cav).

I agree all teams should play a turn under the same rules; But I don't see the need for a grace period, especially when the patch's been about for that long.

the only example really..Sancta wants to exploit for 1 more turn thats all...

the only example really..Sancta wants to exploit for 1 more turn thats all...

I don't believe we are using this exploit at all....and if we were, it was fully within the rules for this game, as a known exploit. I know our team used it extensively for the last SGOTM, and it really only works once you have a city that has a very high hammer capacity.

Sorry for the long holdup - let's patch once this turn is over. It will be easier for us if we can do so.

You mean turn as in all of the teams going and then patching? Because if the game is 3.19 NOW then I can finally start to play some turns ... if not, I guess I'll wait until later.

yes, all teams play this turn - that's how SANCTA would prefer it, but I guess it depends on Daveshack...

yes, all teams play this turn - that's how SANCTA would prefer it, but I guess it depends on Daveshack...

Don't want to spooke the RNG gods just yet. We have another offensive to launch it seems :run:

Now If only we can figure out how to win those opening battles again... :crazyeye:

You're surely running out of virgins to sacrifice!

I don't believe we are using this exploit at all....and if we were, it was fully within the rules for this game, as a known exploit. I know our team used it extensively for the last SGOTM, and it really only works once you have a city that has a very high hammer capacity.

It is not an exploit it is the way the game works or did work pre 3.19. Exploit was wrong word for it.

And you don't need high hammer cities, chops will do just fine.

Point is there is no other change in 3.19 that would affect e game at this early stage, and if you don;t use the chop overflow then I just think you oppose anything we say for the sake of opposing it.

Top Bottom