Tolkien's Middle-Earth Modpack

GIDustin thanks for the details but still doesn;t work for me . I have the Civ3PTW I put it into the scenario folder but nothing happens , I mean that finds and error and won't let me play the scenario .

Originally posted by daykillergr
... I mean that finds and error and won't let me play the scenario .

What error?

- GIDustin

I just converted the mod to work with PTW, and I guess now I am the QA guy as well. :p

- GIDustin

Perhaps this is presumptious of you, GIDustin (and if so, I apologize), but I'm a little bit of a dumbass and cannot get past the Pediaicons problems. Could you perhaps, make the adjustments to the .zip file so it is usable in and of itself?

Many thanks.

Edit: Download removed. See later post for fix

- GIDustin

Dustin I was thinking on maybe tweaking this Mod myself...would ya be interested in seeing my "improved" version?

Im not very good at modding yet, ill just been nicking units n stuff from on CFC and putting them and hoping they work...:D

Yeah sure, send me your mods. If they are reasonable in size, and good in gameplay, they may even get their own spot on my site.

- GIDustin

I've installed the mod as well as the seperate pedialcons.txt posted above and everything works fine except that I still get the error:

Missing entry in
"Scenarios\ME\text\PediaIcons.txt":ERA_SPLASH_ERAS_First_Age

I dont know why this is still happening and I've tried everything I could think to get it working. If there are no other suggestions as to how to fix this error then maybe someone could tell me how I can revert the mod back to using the original era splash screens? I just dont want to deal with this problem anymore..
Thanks in advance for any tips/suggestions.

Well im about a third of the way thru replacing the units for this Mod...

I should be done in a coupla days...

Cool. Also, while searching the Warhammer thread, I found a Middle Earth map. Since I dont know a whole lot about LOTR, i will be asking friends and whatnot, but I am thinking of making a scenerio for this mod, where there are 2 alliances, good and evil, and good starts with the flag unit (The ring), and the ring is worth 10000 VPs, and the victory point location is the mountain. VPs will not be obtainable in any other way than to capture the "ring", so I will set the victory condition to 10000 VPs. BASICALLY, as good, your mission is to get the ring to the mountain, which is in evil territory. As evil, your mission is to snag the ring from the good guys, and take it to the mountain.

Sounds good and all, but I still need to know where the mountain is, where the shire is, city locations/names, starting units . . . the whole works :(

- GIDustin

I have been install your mod onto a middle earth map setting up players etc any was wondering if the races could be split a bit more mainly saruman, sauron, orcs and goblins instead of just morgoth. This would make the map work better with preset cities.

I think nobody noticed my last post so I'd again like to ask if anyone could tell me how to revert the game back to using the original civIII era splashes? Despite everything Im still getting the

'Missing entry in
"Scenarios\ME\text\PediaIcons.txt":ERA_SPLASH_ERAS_First_Age'

even after making the needed alterations to the pediaicons text.. now i would rather just go back to the default era splashs than deal with this problem anymore.. (I judt dont understand it because every other part of the mod works perfectly..)
Thanks again in advance for any info.

Try downloading the pediaicons from the post a few posts above and see if that works. Otherwise, I am at a loss of words. . .

- GIDustin

I already did install the Pediaicon.zip above and it didnt fix the problem.
I can understand that you probably have no idea why this isnt working for me, but in that case could you at least tell me what alterations I need to do so that the mod reverts back to using the original CivIII era splashes? That way I can just bypass the whole problem of trying to figure this out (because believe me, Ive tried EVERYTHING to get the mod era splashes to work).

Dustin this seems to be a more overall Arda/Middle Earth mod than a War of the Jewels or War of the Ring mod...
So you could perhaps do individual scenarios for each of the wars based on a Map of Beleriand for the War of the Jewels - and a Map based on Eriador/Rhovanion for the War of the Ring scenario.
Also you could do a united Middle Earth/Arda map with all the lands of all the ages for the Mod overall.

Here is some maps of Middle Earth - these are what i consider to be the most reasonable projections of Arda.

United Map of Arda of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Ages

Rough Map of Arda at the end of the 2nd Age

Christopher Tolkiens Map of Beleriand in the First Age

Christopher Tolkiens Map of West Middle Earth at the End of the Third Age

Originally posted by xenomage
I already did install the Pediaicon.zip above and it didnt fix the problem.
I can understand that you probably have no idea why this isnt working for me, but in that case could you at least tell me what alterations I need to do so that the mod reverts back to using the original CivIII era splashes? That way I can just bypass the whole problem of trying to figure this out (because believe me, Ive tried EVERYTHING to get the mod era splashes to work).

I've had the exact same problem. Tried everything (admittedly my breadth of knowledge isn't great) and the game plays great right until the first era splash then it dies...

AAAAAAAAHHHH The original creator renamed the eras on me.

FOR ANYONE HAVING ERA SPLASH PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!
Which theoretically should be, just about everyone

DOWNLOAD THIS ZIP, and extract the TXT file to your ME\Text Folder

Sorry for all the problems
- GIDustin

Also, about the maps, if someone could make one of the maps in civ3 format from the pics above, and place cities/units accordingly, I would be happy to add the "Capture the Ring" victory condition.

Edit: Anyone who downloaded the attachment within 5 minutes of my posting it, please re-download it. Fixed Wonder splashes as well

Attachments

• pediaicons.zip
    9.7 KB · Views: 265
Top Bottom