Well, if you ever catch me making such a reference that way to anyone outside the old Roman Empire's sphere of Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa, please feel free to chasten me. My correction stands. Oh, and if "colony" and 'republic" are the only two possible forms of government in the Western Hemisphere in the Imperial Age onward by your recknoning, time to study modern government theory and forms of government from a more credible source that covers it's greater complexity and variety. Start, in fact, with Commonwealth Realm, as that'll be relevant starting point.
This game put something called "Renaiscence age"... why thats can be apply to China or Zulu kingdom? The Renaiscence even don't apply to germanic or slavic europe, but still used as a cronological era.

The Teotihuacan influency go to the great lakes to Panamá, just because Canada maybe a exception it's don't mean my cronology is a bad one. But, help me, how you define the cronology of americas? because say "it is something just archeology knows" is so easy.
Cool the Canadian are the Hipster of America, and because their strange history any historical therminology can be used to american history, even if makes sense to everywhere else? Is that what you want to say? And also, we can't say Teotihuacan don't influence the Canadians, we just can say: "don't find nothing yet".

This game put something called "Renaiscence age"... why thats can be apply to China or Zulu kingdom? The Renaiscence even don't apply to germanic or slavic europe, but still used as a cronological era.

The Teotihuacan influency go to the great lakes to Panamá, just because Canada maybe a exception it's don't mean my cronology is a bad one. But, help me, how you define the cronology of americas? because say "it is something just archeology knows" is so easy.
Cool the Canadian are the Hipster of America, and because their strange history any historical therminology can be used to american history, even if makes sense to everywhere else? Is that what you want to say? And also, we can't say Teotihuacan don't influence the Canadians, we just can say: "don't find nothing yet".

Did I put "Renaissance Age," as a term in the game? No. Now stop attributing other people's terminology errors and generalizations to me as a means to defend yours from my correction, which again, still stands.

Did I put "Renaissance Age," as a term in the game? No. Now stop attributing other people's terminology errors and generalizations to me as a means to defend yours from my correction, which again, still stands.
It's not stands, untill you have a better argue or, at least, answer my argues. I really don't care which term did you use, the society use this cronogical terms as I told, if you come from no-where saying you never said it, how can I know if it is true or not. You look like my grandmother, who has Alzheimer, she say everthyng she wants and if I desagree, don't matter what I said, I'm always wrong, because she, as you, think have all the true inside the belly.

I will re-do the questions, how you share cronologicaly the history of America, and how many countries need to be a exception to thats don't be usable?

It's not stands, untill you have a better argue or, at least, answer my argues. I really don't care which term did you use, the society use this cronogical terms as I told, if you come from no-where saying you never said it, how can I know if it is true or not. You look like my grandmother, who has Alzheimer, she say everthyng she wants and if I desagree, don't matter what I said, I'm always wrong, because she, as you, think have all the true inside the belly.

I will re-do the questions, how you share cronologicaly the history of America, and how many countries need to be a exception to thats don't be usable?

I was arguing a set of chronological terms you used and said applied to ALL of North America, that I said were not proper usage of chronological terms used in Canada, which is a North American country, and you started bombarding me accusatorily with other people's terminology, as though it were evidence directly against me. That's the whole flaw in your argument, here.

The history of Northe America is divided in 5 periods: Pre - Classic, Classic, Pos - Classic, Colonization and Republican era.
I'm pretty sure what is trying to be said here is no, not all of North America is divided into these five periods. As far as I can tell it only applies to Mesoamerica, and maybe to South and Central America.
And I would use the term Post-Colonial instead of Republican era, because not all have become, or stayed republics

Bogota is the current capital of Colombia, which is different than the Muisca capital, which is what I was referring to. It is perfectly fine to have a Colombian civ and the CS appearing in the same game just like Mexico City and the Aztecs.

Well it's kind of the same problem as the Pagan/Bagan distinction for Burma. If the modern and historical cities are that intertwined, I would rather the civ lean into and express that cultural continguity, since that seems to be a "theme" of VI (see Phoenicia, India, England, and Germany as strong examples, also to some extent Russia, China, and Brazil). I know many of the historical pedants on here don't like cultural intermingling, but I like that these slight artistic licenses encourage gamers to think of how cultures are related and influenced each other. What others see as "flaws" in historical accuracy I often see as invitations to closer inspect and learn.

I still happen to think that moden Mexico has incorporated enough of Aztec identity into its legacy that it wouldn't be wholly improper to have made a "Mexico" civ with some Aztec influence. I think a major missed opportunity on several fronts and one that would have obviated having a Mexico City State. But you are right that it exists, and VI isn't wholly consistent in its Civ/CS designs, so we could still conceivably have the same city twice again. Though I hope not. :p

Well it's kind of the same problem as the Pagan/Bagan distinction for Burma. If the modern and historical cities are that intertwined, I would rather the civ lean into and express that cultural continguity, since that seems to be a "theme" of VI (see Phoenicia, India, England, and Germany as strong examples, also to some extent Russia, China, and Brazil). I know many of the historical pedants on here don't like cultural intermingling, but I like that these slight artistic licenses encourage gamers to think of how cultures are related and influenced each other. What others see as "flaws" in historical accuracy I often see as invitations to closer inspect and learn.
They are actually less intertwined than those cities of Burma and Mexico as they were different settlements, although its somewhat close to the original but just to the east..
Of course other alternatives for the name can be either Muequetá or Muyquytá, if the name is too similar.

Havana, Kingston, Manila.

Kingston could give a bonus to Privateers.

I still happen to think that moden Mexico has incorporated enough of Aztec identity into its legacy that it wouldn't be wholly improper to have made a "Mexico" civ with some Aztec influence. I think a major missed opportunity on several fronts and one that would have obviated having a Mexico City State. But you are right that it exists, and VI isn't wholly consistent in its Civ/CS designs, so we could still conceivably have the same city twice again. Though I hope not. :p

Why don't you ask a few actual Mexicans on these forums their views of this incorporation and intertwinement to the degree you claim and if they actually see it? Oh, I forgot, there was a Mexican poster a while ago who did disagree with you here and point out that's not how things are or are viewed at all, in truth, in Mexico. As I recall, you called him a "Nazi," and a "Colonialist," for daring to disagree with you.

Why don't you ask a few actual Mexicans on these forums their views of this incorporation and intertwinement to the degree you claim and if they actually see it? Oh, I forgot, there was a Mexican poster a while ago who did disagree with you here and point out that's not how things are or are viewed at all, in truth, in Mexico. As I recall, you called him a "Nazi," and a "Colonialist," for daring to disagree with you.

Ah memories...

And yes, weekly reminder that Mexico is not a continuation of the Aztec empire anymore than the Mayan,Purepecha, Zapotec, Mixtec, Toltec, Teotihuacan ones...so not much really.
Now If you excuse me I'm late for the noon Garland Wars, oh boy do I wish I get to capture a Gringo or a Gachupin to sacrifice! /s

Bacatá: I don't believe Muisca will make it in, but their capital would make a good trade city-state. Lake tiles can grant extra gold and amenities if you are the suzerain.

I was thinking about it, would be funny if Bacatá's bonus could be to earn gold for each natural wonder that you discover, as an allusion to the legend of El Dorado :p.

Ah memories...

And yes, weekly reminder that Mexico is not a continuation of the Aztec empire anymore than the Mayan,Purepecha, Zapotec, Mixtec, Toltec, Teotihuacan ones...so not much really.
Now If you excuse me I'm late for the noon Garland Wars, oh boy do I wish I get to capture a Gringo or a Gachupin to sacrifice! /s

Up here in the Pacific Northwest, the Makah native tribe want to hold another 'traditional' Whale Hunt to celebrate their heritage. I expect a large contingent from Nantucket to show up to celebrate theirs as well.
Meanwhile, the Crest Pole in front of my apartment will need repair before this winter is over, and my wife is having trouble learning how to cook Camas Roots - as near as I can tell, they should be prepared the way Samuel Johnston prepared cucumbers: sliced, 'dressed with pepper and salt', and then thrown away while you go out for a steak and a beer.

Top Bottom