Top menu button problem

mj31311

Chieftain
I just re-installed civ3 on my new computer (windows7 if that matters) and have encountered a strange problem in the top menu. The text on the buttons do not do what they say they should. For example: if the button says "new game" it will take me to audio preferences.

Additionally, once I get to the game start up screen, the text is jumbled around (i'll attach screen shots).

When I get to the actual game play everything appears to behave normally, its just the text problem. I'm thinking there might be something wrong with the labels.txt file int he conquest directory, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance for the help.

(In the picture if I click "Barricade" it is the equivalent of hitting "new game" in a working top menu, and if I clikc "preferences" it exits the game)

Attachments

• civ3p.jpg
    civ3p.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 141
  • civ3p1.jpg
    civ3p1.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 167
Did you install the game as an Administrator or a user?

Your labels.txt file is probably corrupt somehow. It has two extra spaces in it.

Find your game directory (probably under Program Files/Infogrames Interactive, Program Files/Atari, or Program Files/2K Games), and find the following file: Civilization III/Conquests/Text/labels.txt. Rename to something else, then paste the attached file into that folder, and you're in business! :cool:

Attachments

• labels.txt
    26.3 KB · Views: 211
i know whats the problem, i had it to
u can download the labels.txt, but if u have more problems like mistake units names, reinstall the game.
i once uninstalled civ 3 before conquest, and that when i reinstalled the hole game i had that problem

Top Bottom