1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

TopHatPaladin's Civilizations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by TopHatPaladin, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

I love this version of the Zulu. All the anniversary civs you have done are fantastic.

2. TopHatPaladin

TopHatPaladin Warlord

Hi all! I've released a redesign of the Purépecha; this redesign also changes the civ icon, and renames the civ to the Tarascans, in order to better reflect the civ's emphasis on the Tarascan empire rather than the modern Purépecha ethnic group. Check out the update on Steam, or here on Civfanatics!

(I've also released minor updates/patches to Ayutthaya, the Chamorro, the Fatimids, the Gaels, both Holy Roman Empires, the Omagua, Rashtrakuta, and Sokoto. The rest of these shouldn't change anything notable, they're just minor bugfixes.)

JakeWalrusWhale and Stef09 like this.
  3. TopHatPaladin

TopHatPaladin Warlord

Happy Halloween, everyone! You've probably heard about how the introduction of the horse transformed the Great Plains of North America, but did you know that it had similar effects in South America? Check out the Guaycuru and become the terror of the Gran Chaco for yourself!

(In other news, I've also patched a bug with Cetshwayo's UB.)

4. Sword_Of_Geddon

I like this one. I love how this allows me to learn about cultures I have never learned of before.

5. TopHatPaladin

TopHatPaladin Warlord

Hi everyone! For this next release, I've joined forces with ExplosiveWatermelon to shine a light on Estonia's very own Vikings— the Oeselians under Vesse!

6. TopHatPaladin

TopHatPaladin Warlord

Good evening, everyone! For this next release, I've circled back to Australia to bring you all the Ngarrindjeri confederacy, based along the lower Murray River. They're led by Ngurunderi, a culture hero of theirs who, according to legend, carved out the course of the river in ancient times.

7. Sword_Of_Geddon

Some awesome new civs here. Pretty cool to see a civ representing Estonia, or a new Aborigine civ. Thankyou for making these! What other things you have considered for new civs? I love the variety

8. TopHatPaladin

TopHatPaladin Warlord

Merry Christmas, everyone! Today I'm bringing you all Bolivia, under its four-time president Victor Paz Estenssoro— the man who nationalized the mines, privatized the mines, empowered the army, disempowered the army, and overall had an incredibly long and versatile political career! Check it out:

Treatise bonuses under the cut:
    Spoiler :

Left: +1 Food and Culture from Mines; gain Great Writer points when promoting a Milicia Popular or completing a mine on a resource
    Right: +1 Gold and Production from Mines; gain Great Merchant points when promoting a Milicia Popular or completing a mine on a resource

9. TopHatPaladin

TopHatPaladin Warlord

As always, thank you for continuing to follow— it's great to know that, ten years out from release, people are still interested in seeing what us modders are up to.

One thing I've been considering lately is the Merovingian Franks, led by Clovis; the late antique/early medieval period is one of my favorite historical eras, and within that period, the Merovingians interest me a lot and I'm shocked that they haven't been adapted into a civ already. Beyond that, I'm not totally sure— I'm between projects right now, so I'll probably end up doing some reading and seeing what captures my interest :b

10. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sounds good! Some civs that are being worked on(units, cities etc in the Civ4 community) include Micronesia(with the mythical/mystical elements of Nan Madol thrown in), and Urartu, the Hittites greatest rival. Some ideas there, I don't think either are in Civ5 either. I know Gedemo made a Nan Madol civ awile back, but its gone.