TopHatPaladin's Civilizations

Both are words in the Pitjantjatjara language. Warmala translates to "war party," and the unit's mechanics are also based on the woomera, which was an atlatl-type weapon used by the Anangu. Nyintiringkupai translates to "place of learning"; I believe it's based on a ceremony of some sort, but I don't totally remember, since the name was settled upon before I picked up the Anangu design.

Both are words in the Pitjantjatjara language. Warmala translates to "war party," and the unit's mechanics are also based on the woomera, which was an atlatl-type weapon used by the Anangu. Nyintiringkupai translates to "place of learning"; I believe it's based on a ceremony of some sort, but I don't totally remember, since the name was settled upon before I picked up the Anangu design.

Fascinating, thank you! Can’t wait to see it in CBRXS2.

Hope you still get around to updating some of your mods! Just took The Rashtrakuta for another spin and just wanted to post some findings (believe some I may have posted earlier but for sake of completeness). Playing with mods CulDiv v17, More Lux v155, EE v7, HR v45 and JFD's recent RtP mods.

The Rashtrakuta:

UA:
- In the Culture Overview it's showing Rock-Cut Galleries for unique happiness buildings of others like Burial Tomb or Satrap's Court. (Because of that) some rock-cut galleries for regular happiness buildings are missing like zoo/menagerie or tavern (with EE)
- Should the UA just work for normal building or also wonders? Am thinking only normal buildings may be better, also since I once got a notification of an AI who completed a rock-cut gallery with picture of Chichen Itza with it.
- Would the UA also work for JFD's Great Works of Film (assume will get ported to the RtP collection soon)?
- The cultural Great Person only gets born the turn after hitting the threshold (so you get 102/100 for a turn). Attached the logs.

UU Sthirabhuta Kataka:
- (Bit nitpicky, but) in civpedia I would just remove the text referring to the possible meaning of the words, just to settle the debate ;)

UI Basadi:
- Doesn't remove the forest when building (but does take extra turns). Believe that most/all UIs remove the forest and thus also probably intended by you?
- There's no description of Basadi when hovering over the icon at DoM screen. Also, there's no description of it's effect in Civpedia.
- Basadi gives Golden Age Points even when not being worked. Would it make more sense to only give yield when the tile is actually being worked?
- Didn't get Faith during Golden Age, whereas I had 2 Great Works in city. Attached the logs.

Other:
- Perhaps name them The Rashtrakuta instead of Rashtrakuta Empire? (not big fan of word Empire in civ name)
- Not sure if it's loading order or other issue, but with HR I can't seem to get Jainism as the preferred religion and AI always picks Smartism.

Attachments

• Rashtrakuta - UI Basadi - No Faith.zip
    229.8 KB · Views: 255
  • Rashtrakuta UA GP.zip
    166.6 KB · Views: 237
Found some things for The Purepecha:

UA:
- The first resource you trade gives +1 food in each city. However, a second or third trade doesn't seem to provide anything anymore. Not sure but could be that only the capital still gets something, but definitely not the other cities. Attached logs.

UU Quangariecha:
- Would make the unit a bit cheaper to compensate for you needing to expend it.

UB Yacata:
- Doesn't provide the regular benefits of the forge (so not +1 production to iron or 15% land units production bonus).
- Possible extend the +1 production, and building possible to build, for the same mined luxury resources as in the UA (copper, silves, gold, salt)? For synergy, but also to make the building more attractive and easy to build in multiple cities (only iron or copper is quite situational).
- The first turn of a Civilian unit it only gets 2 movement (showing as 2/3 movement). Only as of the 2nd turn does it get 3 movement (3/3).

Other:
- Leader history missing and TXT_KEY in "Lived"
- Would phrase the civ as The Purepecha
- With HR I'm not getting Tlateomatiliztli as a preferred religion

Attachments

• Purepecha - UA 2nd Trade.zip
    296.4 KB · Views: 229
Lastly, few minor notes on The Pala:

UU Hati Ghoradaura:
- Would remove the word "faith" in floating notification for consistency
- The unit does not heal from the auto-pillage; not sure if this is intended?

Other:
- No description of history in civpedia
- Would phrase the civ as The Pala
- With HR, Mahayana is not popping up as preferred religion

Thanks for the updates! I'll hopefully get to these soon; we'll see if I manage to make something productive of myself during the quarantine. :p

As for the HR issues, I do have one question that'll help me diagnose them— are you playing with the regular version of Historical Religions, or with Historical Religions Complete?

Thanks for the recent releases! A few things found for Ayutthaya:

UA:
- You get the unique building even it has not been researched (and thus built) yet. Attached the logs of a game where I got a unique windmill replacement early game (but also happened with other uniques).
- Is it intended that the unique building remains in the city even when the trade route is no longer established? The text in the description "when trading with..." implies that it's only for the duration of the trade route.
- The unique building replaces the regular building in the city; is this intended? Then once the regular building was replaced, I was able to rebuild it again and have the unique and regular building exist both in the city.

UU Rattathut:
- Would make the effect in major civ territory a bit stronger. Either give more influence or also generate gold. Perhaps provide a x value of influence divided by number of allies? Unless the major civ has a huge number of allies, currently it's a bit underwhelming vs the effect of a city-state mission I feel.

UB Floating Market:
- Just in the description: would remove "Bonus building" since doesn't add much. I would add the reference to river or lake requirement like with the normal Garden.

Other:
- It's not showing as a separate civ in the civpedia

Attachments

• Ayutthaya.zip
    634.1 KB · Views: 209
Thanks for the reports!

Re: the UA, it is intended that the unique building replaces the regular building, and remains after the end of the trade route; I felt like it would be a fun gameplay loop to be able to amass a bunch of different UBs in cities that engage in a lot of trade. (However, it is unintentional that you can then rebuild the vanilla building, so I'll look into that along with the other bugs.)

Thanks for the reports!

Re: the UA, it is intended that the unique building replaces the regular building, and remains after the end of the trade route; I felt like it would be a fun gameplay loop to be able to amass a bunch of different UBs in cities that engage in a lot of trade. (However, it is unintentional that you can then rebuild the vanilla building, so I'll look into that along with the other bugs.)

Yeah agree, it's almost a meta-game of collecting all the different unique buildings which is pretty cool...

For as much time as I spend thinking about Civ V, it isn't the only game I play— I'm also a big fan of the Metroidvania genre, and Hollow Knight is one of its finest examples to date. For this mod, I've joined forces with JakeWalrusWhale to bring the ancient kingdom of Hallownest out of Hollow Knight and into Civ V! If you share my particular cross-section of interests in gaming, I encourage you to check it out.

(Note that this mod contains spoilers for Hollow Knight, especially in its civilopedia text.)

Look at this nerd tripleposting bet his Fire Temple UB doesn't even unlock three National Wonders that provide gameplay bonuses relating to three distinct elements of the sacred flame that were described on wikipedia lmao.

Top Bottom